Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's the weight? And any benefits over this Aluminess product you can point out? https://www.aluminess.com/21-ford-bronco-tire-reinforcement-plate/

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly Ford-Bronco-Tire-Reinforment-Plate
Weight is a little over 20lbs. The biggest difference between what you pictured is that you are still using the factory hinges the Aluminess. Our system completely replaces the factory hinges with a significantly beefier solution. Right now you are reinforcing the tailgate well, but transferring all of that additional load into the OE hinges which weren't really designed to accommodate the additional force imparted onto them.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weight is a little over 20lbs. The biggest difference between what you pictured is that you are still using the factory hinges the Aluminess. Our system completely replaces the factory hinges with a significantly beefier solution. Right now you are reinforcing the tailgate well, but transferring all of that additional load into the OE hinges which weren't really designed to accommodate the additional force imparted onto them.
I would like to see a picture of the hinges you guys are using. Are they made out of cast aluminum, or steel??

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best looking one yet and def the only one that looks like it's going to make a positive change!

I'll be ordering one once I get my Bronco which I'm still in limbo waiting for since an 8.12.20 reservation.... grrrrrr
Dude..... If you have been waiting since Reserving Aug. 2020, Ya better do something. Dealer may have stolen your reservation !!!!!!!! I don't know anyone that has had a reservation that early, and either got their Bronco, or been upgraded to a 2022 and got that by now......... feel bad for ya.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude..... If you have been waiting since Reserving Aug. 2020, Ya better do something. Dealer may have stolen your reservation !!!!!!!! I don't know anyone that has had a reservation that early, and either got their Bronco, or been upgraded to a 2022 and got that by now......... feel bad for ya.
Well I’m one of those who has a reservation date of 7/16/2020 now 876 days and today I got the Email that my Bronco has been built.
Theirs quite a few of Us still around it’s a shame that @Ford Motor Company has let us hang for over two years. I’ve heard every excuse from chips to up to seven different constraints and lest not forget about the Dealer allocations, but I’m amazed me how many broncos with built with the same options that were the same as mine that were ordered in January in February 2021, and 22 my biggest problem I have with all this waiting is the fact that interest rates have doubled since ordering.
@Ford Motor Company you should give 0% financing to all the early reservation holders as a thank you for waiting 2 1/2 years just glad it almost over.

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
July 2020 too. Still waiting. Rolled to 2023, no production date. 2 door Sasquatch. Order is still on the books and confirmed by Ford, so no one stole it. Have some sympathy.

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am also interested, will I be able to attach anything too them, like a high lift? And as usual, cost?
Thanks

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm definitely interested. The main thing I will be mounting is a 4 foot antenna for my GMRS radio, but I might put something else back there at some point. I will be trying to get most of my over-landing accessories on a roof rack, but I'm sure I'll think of something, so the more accessory capable the better. 😝

I'm not a huge fan of the rotopax on the side like the hammer built one shows, but the ability to attach some sort of bracket like that is a big plus.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question, is this needed when running the stock 35's? Or just when you upgrade the tire size on the rear? What are the benefits for a Stock Wildtrack?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question, is this needed when running the stock 35's? Or just when you upgrade the tire size on the rear? What are the benefits for a Stock Wildtrack?
I am not sure that anyone can definitively answer that, because it seems some folks have had rattling with stock size tires, some have had no rattling with Sasquatch set ups. Ford claims our gates can support up to 133 pounds with no additional support. I personally have had zero rattles with the SAS 35s, but I was hoping to prevent that down the road (and to hopefully carry a fuel can because the range in a 2-door is so limited). The concern I have is that many manufacturers have now got into the game even though there have been few reports of any tailgate failures (even with some of them being comically overloaded beyond the 133 pounds). Ford must know that something is up, or they wouldn't have put stronger hinges and a reinforcement plate on the Raptors. IMHO, any system that doesn't upgrade the hinges (first) isn't addressing the weakest point. I also am not a huge fan of aluminum for hinges, because even though aluminium is lighter it needs to be much larger (dimensionally) to approximate the strength of steel. It seems that many manufacturers are going for form but skipping the function part. I believe that in addition to being strong that the setup should allow for full adjustment of the tailgate, so that the gaps line up...and so that the latch aligns with the striker with the intended load on the gate. It doesn't matter how cool the setup looks or how much weight it can hold if the gate gaps are off or if it bashes the striker every time it closes...or if it pops open on the freeway at 60 mph. So, in short, I think that the benefit of adding a support for anyone who is running under the 133 pound limit may be minimal unless that person intends to run more weight on the gate sometime or unless the look of the new setup is desired. If someone has a rattle with a stock setup, that person should take their car to a dealer and have the dealer address the rattle under warranty. There are more than likely some taligates that somehow made it through QC with weak spot welds (that eventually broke) or some other issue that is causing the rattle, and simply adding a plate may not even address the issue. Some plates are overbuilt and although they may shore up a rattle they add anywhere from 25-55 pounds of additional weight, and even if the owner adds stronger hinges, that weight is then transfered to the 4 M8 bolts that hold the hinges to the 2 pillar brackets that are attached to the pillar with 6 more m8s. At some point, a certain amount of weight will surely impact the body itself...because it was not built for that. My advice for anyone who wants to go big on things hanging off the back of their Bronco is that they should consider an aftermarket bumper with swing outs. There are now several players in the game (JCR, Road Armor, Expedition, etc.) that offer systems that will easily support well over what our tailgates (even with the most robust hinges and plates) will tolerate. If someone wants to prevent rattle or carry something heavier (within reason), I think going with the lightest yet strongest system that still allows full adjustment of the tailgate is the way to go. I prefer the Raptor hinges because that is what Ford went with to solve the heavier spare on the Raptor...and they fit just like our OEM setup. They are tapped for accessories, and they were engineered with the limits of the pillar in mind. They are pricey, but so too is a lot of the competition. So far, only the Raptor hinges are made of steel...all the other products, for some reason, have chosen aluminium. I believe aluminum certainly has a lot of cool qualities, and that it makes sense to use it in certain applications, but I will go with steel for hinges over aluminum all day long. If you prefer aluminum, there are now several options out there.

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not sure that anyone can definitively answer that, because it seems some folks have had rattling with stock size tires, some have had no rattling with Sasquatch set ups. Ford claims our gates can support up to 133 pounds with no additional support. I personally have had zero rattles with the SAS 35s, but I was hoping to prevent that down the road (and to hopefully carry a fuel can because the range in a 2-door is so limited). The concern I have is that many manufacturers have now got into the game even though there have been few reports of any tailgate failures (even with some of them being comically overloaded beyond the 133 pounds). Ford must know that something is up, or they wouldn't have put stronger hinges and a reinforcement plate on the Raptors. IMHO, any system that doesn't upgrade the hinges (first) isn't addressing the weakest point. I also am not a huge fan of aluminum for hinges, because even though aluminium is lighter it needs to be much larger (dimensionally) to approximate the strength of steel. It seems that many manufacturers are going for form but skipping the function part. I believe that in addition to being strong that the setup should allow for full adjustment of the tailgate, so that the gaps line up...and so that the latch aligns with the striker with the intended load on the gate. It doesn't matter how cool the setup looks or how much weight it can hold if the gate gaps are off or if it bashes the striker every time it closes...or if it pops open on the freeway at 60 mph. So, in short, I think that the benefit of adding a support for anyone who is running under the 133 pound limit may be minimal unless that person intends to run more weight on the gate sometime or unless the look of the new setup is desired. If someone has a rattle with a stock setup, that person should take their car to a dealer and have the dealer address the rattle under warranty. There are more than likely some taligates that somehow made it through QC with weak spot welds (that eventually broke) or some other issue that is causing the rattle, and simply adding a plate may not even address the issue. Some plates are overbuilt and although they may shore up a rattle they add anywhere from 25-55 pounds of additional weight, and even if the owner adds stronger hinges, that weight is then transfered to the 4 M8 bolts that hold the hinges to the 2 pillar brackets that are attached to the pillar with 6 more m8s. At some point, a certain amount of weight will surely impact the body itself...because it was not built for that. My advice for anyone who wants to go big on things hanging off the back of their Bronco is that they should consider an aftermarket bumper with swing outs. There are now several players in the game (JCR, Road Armor, Expedition, etc.) that offer systems that will easily support well over what our tailgates (even with the most robust hinges and plates) will tolerate. If someone wants to prevent rattle or carry something heavier (within reason), I think going with the lightest yet strongest system that still allows full adjustment of the tailgate is the way to go. I prefer the Raptor hinges because that is what Ford went with to solve the heavier spare on the Raptor...and they fit just like our OEM setup. They are tapped for accessories, and they were engineered with the limits of the pillar in mind. They are pricey, but so too is a lot of the competition. So far, only the Raptor hinges are made of steel...all the other products, for some reason, have chosen aluminium. I believe aluminum certainly has a lot of cool qualities, and that it makes sense to use it in certain applications, but I will go with steel for hinges over aluminum all day long. If you prefer aluminum, there are now several options out there.
Great write up. Thank you for your feedback. I haven’t looked into it, what’s the price of the Raptor reinforcement?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest worry would be an aluminum bracket with the steel bodywork, galvanic corrosion sucks, but it is very good it deals the hinges themselves instead of just being a plate.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up. Thank you for your feedback. I haven’t looked into it, what’s the price of the Raptor reinforcement?
The Raptor hinges are about 375 for the pair and the Hammer Built plate for the Raptor hinges is 200. The accessory arm, if you want to add one, is 100.
Sponsored