Sponsored

Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

3_Dragons

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. I could not for the life of me get the harnesses off. Watching the video helped and finally got the trail light installed.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received these in the mail tonight. Impressively built @Mabett . I can't wait to install them.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Peeling back the wheel liner required some REAL effort and even then I was just barely able to feel out the factory connector for the headlights.

But once I did that, everything worked perfect and the plug-n-play adapter was made with some real quality. I think this is one of Mabett's better releases, I appreciate the visibility this adds to my Bronco from the side.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peeling back the wheel liner required some REAL effort and even then I was just barely able to feel out the factory connector for the headlights.

But once I did that, everything worked perfect and the plug-n-play adapter was made with some real quality. I think this is one of Mabett's better releases, I appreciate the visibility this adds to my Bronco from the side.
Quick question, how hard or easy was it to fish the wire from the trail sight down in to the wheel well to meet the rest of the harness? I assume the wire length is good?

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick question, how hard or easy was it to fish the wire from the trail sight down in to the wheel well to meet the rest of the harness? I assume the wire length is good?
It’s easy. I just did it. Just use a thin fish wire taped to the fish wire and it’s only a minute to do.

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone. I discovered a small issue with the short harnesses in the kit. Please view the attached photo. This should save a little frustration.

IMG_4562.jpg

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s easy. I just did it. Just use a thin fish wire taped to the fish wire and it’s only a minute to do.
Thanks, is it pretty obvious what path to follow down from up top?

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because I was barely able to peel back the wheel liner enough to fit one of my hands inside, I was forced to run the wire from the trail sight towards the outside of the car further away than I would have liked. I didn't have the visibility or proper angle on it to fish it out of a spot that was closer to the harness interface.

It still reached the harness that plugs into the OEM headlight connector just fine but there's very little slack left on the wire which I'm not crazy about. Nevertheless, physically connecting it wasn't too big of an issue and everything worked properly the very first time I reconnected the battery and fired it up.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I was barely able to peel back the wheel liner enough to fit one of my hands inside, I was forced to run the wire from the trail sight towards the outside of the car further away than I would have liked. I didn't have the visibility or proper angle on it to fish it out of a spot that was closer to the harness interface.

It still reached the harness that plugs into the OEM headlight connector just fine but there's very little slack left on the wire which I'm not crazy about. Nevertheless, physically connecting it wasn't too big of an issue and everything worked properly the very first time I reconnected the battery and fired it up.
Thanks, I wonder why the wheel well liner was such a task on your vehicle. Were you not able to get the nut out of the top of the liner that is near the upper part of the fender? Did you see this video example below? It was for the installation of a different product, but did a very good job of showing how to get the liner off and reach the light harness right around the 8:30 mark.

Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need some help and advise. I suck at electrical. I have the trail lights installed and am trying to power them with the fuse box. I want them on all the time. I followed the wiring from the kit and have one fused plug to install. But no matter where I put the fused plug I’m getting no power. I’m trying to use location 124 but the fuse doesn’t feel like it’s going in deep enough to make contact. Plus why doesn’t this setup require a ground. Thanks

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some help and advise. I suck at electrical. I have the trail lights installed and am trying to power them with the fuse box. I want them on all the time. I followed the wiring from the kit and have one fused plug to install. But no matter where I put the fused plug I’m getting no power. I’m trying to use location 124 but the fuse doesn’t feel like it’s going in deep enough to make contact. Plus why doesn’t this setup require a ground. Thanks
This might be a stupid question and I apologize, but in addition to the add a fuse, you also have the actual provided wiring harness plugged in to the headlight harness which is then plugged in to the headlights correct, you're not just running the add a fuse from the trail sight lights to your fuse panel?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a stupid question and I apologize, but in addition to the add a fuse, you also have the actual provided wiring harness plugged in to the headlight harness which is then plugged in to the headlights correct, you're not just running the add a fuse from the trail sight lights to your fuse panel?
Per above not sure if you saw @Wildfire1 's post. He was having an issue with a loose wire in the add a fuse harness. Maybe that is what is going on?

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I’m only trying to run from add a fuse. The instructions state that as an option for being on all the time.
Not really “issues, per se”, but it was kind of tight as I pulled the wheel liner back as little as possible and just did it by feel.
interested in details when you get them all wired up. I didn’t have time to try and figure it out today.
I installed the lights fine today and am having no luck powering them with only the fused connection. I ran the wiring like the instructions said and plugged them into spot 124 in the fuse box and nothing lights up with engine start. I’m not sure but shouldn’t the fused connection have a ground when not using the headlight module ? So another thought is it possible to direct wire them to one of my aux switches ? Thoughts ?
Per above not sure if you saw @Wildfire1 's post. He was having an issue with a loose wire in the add a fuse harness. Maybe that is what is going on?
Thanks I’ll check that as well. So the question is has anyone wired them with add a fuse only and not through the headlight module ? If so what did you do.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I’m only trying to run from add a fuse. The instructions state that as an option for being on all the time.

I installed the lights fine today and am having no luck powering them with only the fused connection. I ran the wiring like the instructions said and plugged them into spot 124 in the fuse box and nothing lights up with engine start. I’m not sure but shouldn’t the fused connection have a ground when not using the headlight module ? So another thought is it possible to direct wire them to one of my aux switches ? Thoughts ?

Thanks I’ll check that as well. So the question is has anyone wired them with add a fuse only and not through the headlight module ? If so what did you do.
You still need the wiring harness to the lights in addition to the add a fuse. Look at step 12 again on page 4 of the instructions.
Sponsored

Attachments