First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same boat. I went up to Badlands from Black Diamond.

If the take on manual transmissions is so low why not make some enthusiasts happy?

Well if you do decide to go to BL get the high package. Manual transmissions may not be around in 3-4 years.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

IMO it's not gonna happen. Additionally, I'd put money on the manual option going completely extinct within 2-3 model years (the rationale given will be "Muh take rate").
Agree, Ford shooting themselves in the foot only to try and justify it later. Hey Ford, people that drive manuals like content and power too.

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 for me too.

The thing I don't understand is having a PTS (push to start) vehicle without the controls on the outside of the car to lock/unlock (standard package). We have a base model Nissan Pathfinder with PTS and no door unlock/lock. It is INCREDIBLY stupid to fish the keys out of your pocket (or in my wife's case bottom of her purse) to unlock the doors, just to shove them back into your pocket and hop in the car. What ends up happening is the car just doesn't get locked.

So when I'm looking at the Bronco, I have to move to to the mid package to get something that SHOULD be standard with PTS. If I want a manual as well... I'm pushed to a Badlands. Don't get me wrong, the Badlands is awesome... but I don't need front/rear lockers with sway bar disconnect.
Sponsored