Sponsored

POLL: Manual trans w/ mid package

Would the available 7MT/Mid package combo change your order?

• Total voters

kurkowski41

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco 4BT, 1996 F350 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anybody actually figured out a good reason for Ford to not offer this combo? Would it be possible to pressure Ford into offering it like we did with the manual trans on the Sasquatch? It doesn't make any sense to me why it isn't available other than to force the manual enthusiasts into a more expensive trim.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i cannot confirm this, but i think it's due to the co-pilot 360 system or the remote start.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish that Ford would have offered more trim levels on the Black Diamond. I probably would have gone for that over Badlands if they had offered the High and Lux packages. Love those black steel wheels!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's simply money. By forcing you to into Badlands to get the mid pack Ford is making a lot of easy money.

OP
OP
kurkowski41

kurkowski41

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's simply money. By forcing you to into Badlands to get the mid pack Ford is making a lot of easy money.
But what about all the manual guys that would have bought the mid if it was available but stuck with base? I would have guessed that would mostly even it out. Either that or their margins on the Badlands are huge.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

But what about all the manual guys that would have bought the mid if it was available but stuck with base? I would have guessed that would mostly even it out. Either that or their margins on the Badlands are huge.
I think those people are a minority compared to people who wanted the manual + mid in the BD or BB.

I would have ordered a BD 7 speed with mid, but went Badlands 2.7 + high instead. Ford got an easy 10k more outta me. I'm complaining, but still paying. That is the sweet spot for anyone selling anything.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish that Ford would have offered more trim levels on the Black Diamond. I probably would have gone for that over Badlands if they had offered the High and Lux packages. Love those black steel wheels!
Exactly. You answered your own wish. Ford would have made a lot less money if they made more options available in lower trim levels. By restricting popular features to packages, and then restricting those packages to higher trim levels; it forces you into spending more money.

I would have loved to order Mid in my BD because heated seats are an ALMOST necessity, and my Focus ST has a lot of other options featured in the Mid package I’m used to. But the manual was absolutely mandatory, and I wasn’t about to go all the way up to the WT for what was basically going to be heated seats. I’ll survive.

OP
OP
kurkowski41

kurkowski41

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My point is I'm curious how much extra money they made on people upgrading to Badlands to get the manual and mid, versus how much was lost on people that stuck with 7spd BD or BB and base trim that would have spent the extra money on the mid package if it were available. Maybe those numbers are further apart than I thought, but it makes me wonder.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could have had the washout interior, and the Lux package, on a base, I might very well have gone that way. My rough-terrain needs are very modest, and the very least-capable possible version of a Bronco would have been much more than adequate for these needs. But I really want an interior that is easy to clean of all the construction dirt that I know will get inside (based on how dirty the inside of my compact sedan has become and how difficult I know it will be to clean it), and I really wanted all of the safety features.

This pushes me up to the Badlands, which includes a bunch of really neat features that I don't really need.

What would be really nice is if there was much more of an Ă  la carte freedom to pick and choose which features you want.

The stabilizer bar disconnect looks like a really cool feature on the Badlands, but if I had the option of not paying for it, and not getting it, and I saw how much it cost, there's probably a very good chance that I'd choose to do without it.​
Rock rails are included on the Badlands, but because my wife is short, with short legs,. and I'm recovering from a leg injury, we'll both needs tube steps to be able to easily get in and out, and Ford's steps won't coexist with the rock rails; so I'm going to have to buy the tube steps as a separate expense, and pay to have the rock rails removed and the tube steps put on in their place, leaving me with a pair of rock rails that will have been part of the price of the vehicle, but they won't benefit me other than the possibility that maybe someone will buy them from me.​

Last edited:

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm manual but don't want the mid package but if I did, I honestly would be upset if they didnt charge less for it since manuals cant have many of the things that come with the mid package. That said, I might have ended up ordering it though just for the heated seats for the wife. I can't stand them but they are a must for her for some reason.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i cannot confirm this, but i think it's due to the co-pilot 360 system or the remote start.
Definitely not the case. Mine is being built with the manual transmission and luxury package.
Sponsored