Sponsored

Manual Sasquatch owners…Satisfied with the choice?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32220
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you program in the new tire size? Just spit balling, but if the speedo is off perhaps that's contributing to the wacked out MPG reading?
No I didn't yet, but it was barely getting 13-14 mpg before. It's been awful since I got it...never got over 14 even on the highway w/stock tires...must be me?
Sponsored

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am averaging 18.5 -19 mostly city. As others have said 6th gear is no passing gear. Its a great combo, love it. But I still want a 5.0 lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

Base manual Sasquatch here yes It’s the best. I get about 15 around town (pretty heavy footed and 19 on the freeway). Two road trips and was awesome on both (went to Mexico and it’s electronically limited to 107mph haha)
107 is pretty good, ‘18 up Rubicon’s and Willy’s are limited to 98 and it probably shouldn’t even be that high. Not in a short wheel base 2 door anyway.

‘18 up JL’s…I forgot they did build both JK’s and JL’s for MY ‘18

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

I am averaging 18.5 -19 mostly city. As others have said 6th gear is no passing gear. Its a great combo, love it. But I still want a 5.0 lol
Having a manual now is your simplest and easiest way to coyote swap in the near or far future. Ford’s not marketing that part though. They would run out of 7mt’s in short order if people were thinking along those lines.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, yes, 19ish mpg (mostly city).
Uh...
Is your city mostly highways?

Badlands, NOT SAS but I have put the SAS tires/wheels on.
14-16mpg city.
I can hit 19 highway though

Sponsored

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Uh...
Is your city mostly highways?

Badlands, NOT SAS but I have put the SAS tires/wheels on.
14-16mpg city.
I can hit 19 highway though
LOL. No. Around Pittsburgh. Mostly hills and potholes.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the ManSquatch. Finally took her in the dirt and rocks this past weekend and the 7MT was great! I think 6th gear is fairly useless. Even at 80+ mph I stay in 5th gear. ~15.5 mpg because I drive like an asshole.
location checks out man.

Ford Bronco Manual Sasquatch owners…Satisfied with the choice? 1664839614287

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having a manual now is your simplest and easiest way to coyote swap in the near or far future. Ford’s not marketing that part though. They would run out of 7mt’s in short order if people were thinking along those lines.
I guess that's what sucks about Ford not offering more engine choices.

Sure you can do an engine swap at any time, but they first force you to spend thousands of dollars on a brand new engine that you don't even want, then you have to buy ANOTHER engine and either pay sometone a ton of money to install it or do the work yourself... instead of simply letting us get the right engine straight from the factory.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t have a Bronco yet , but I imagine that the 2.3 provides very little engine braking in such a heavy vehicle. I’d rather have a 5.0 too.
Jason

honorableh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've thought about it now after having owned it. Excited to see any updates from companies working on this.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have a Bronco yet , but I imagine that the 2.3 provides very little engine braking in such a heavy vehicle. I’d rather have a 5.0 too.
Jason
I've heard that very comment on BN.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'22 SAS 7MT and I've never looked back. This thing is exceptionally fun to drive - I look fwd to finding reasons to go out. I got soft top as well - by accident - and the combo of MT and open-air is the best. I'll be getting the FPP Tune in the next week or so - and that's going to be even more awesome. I'm only getting 15.8 mpg - I traverse hills every day and get into the gas as well - all well worth it imo.

I say you must avoid the sloppy-ass 10-spd...no thanks there...

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess that's what sucks about Ford not offering more engine choices.

Sure you can do an engine swap at any time, but they first force you to spend thousands of dollars on a brand new engine that you don't even want, then you have to buy ANOTHER engine and either pay sometone a ton of money to install it or do the work yourself... instead of simply letting us get the right engine straight from the factory.
They’re afraid of 2 things IMO we can’t handle the power and will kill ourselves or someone.
The drivetrain can’t handle it.
Back on ‘00 I got a Dakota manual. Largest engine you could get was the small 8 magnum. It WOULD spine tires in 4 out of the 5 gears though. Maybe I ruined it for everyone Lol.

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like mine but sure would like to drop the 3.5 in it.
After break in period mpg seems to be steadily climbing. Started at 17.7 now at 19.0. No reset.
Sponsored