Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your business is not able or willing to pay people more than what unemployment pays, your business deserves to fail. Why would anyone want to work for you? SMH
If your government is willing to pay people unemployment more than what businesses can pay, your economy deserves to fail. Why would anyone want to start a business and create jobs? SMH
Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Running 3 shifts is almost an impossible task...no shift works a full 8 hours...when do they eat lunch..? You can't do both... Is there parking for hundreds,if not thousands of employees cars.? When I was at Ford and we did OT...it was 11 hours for both day/night shift...(plus Sat)...it would have been crazy trying to get maybe 1800 guys in, as 1800 guys were leaving..3 times in 24 hours span...

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, is it fact or rumor that Webasto can only produce 40 units a day? Is it fact or rumor that a billions of dollars in Bronco automotive sales are being held up by a single supplier of hard tops and their delays?

I ask because I find it hard to believe that this is the case. Ford will have to delay their teams, vendors, suppliers...everybody else in the supply chain because of one supplier. With most manufacturing being "just in time", or pretty damn close to it, the ripple effects for all of them would be huge.

So, are folks operating off of fact or rumor?

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for Webasto, they had to build a new facility, tool it, staff it, and stand it up in 2020. Meanwhile most folks were at home splitting their time between zoom calls and fridge visits. I harbor no ill feelings toward them at all. Like many folks, they deserve a pass considering everything. They have been doing this long enough that they will get it figured out.
Most of us in manufacturing worked every day in 2020. We set production records due to demand.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just send me my Bronco without a top. I’d rather go aftermarket for a soft top instead of waiting for months and months.
Aftermarket won't be up to speed on Bronco tops for quite some time.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Gov is giving people 600 a week, and california is giving them an additional unemployment of $350 a week, that's $3800 a month, that's over $23 and hour for 40 hour weeks. So why would they get a job for $15
Fed benefits under Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) are $300 weekly, not $600. So in California you'd be at $350 + $300 = $650/40 hours = $16.25 per hour.

We pay up to $20 with experience in our custom frame shop and can't get anyone after looking for two months. The extra money isn't the only reason* but it doesn't help.

* had one who wanted the job but wouldn't work with other people or customers due to covid concerns. Hard to do in a customer service business with retail hours.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, is it fact or rumor that Webasto can only produce 40 units a day? Is it fact or rumor that a billions of dollars in Bronco automotive sales are being held up by a single supplier of hard tops and their delays?

I ask because I find it hard to believe that this is the case. Ford will have to delay their teams, vendors, suppliers...everybody else in the supply chain because of one supplier. With most manufacturing being "just in time", or pretty damn close to it, the ripple effects for all of them would be huge.

So, are folks operating off of fact or rumor?
Yes. ;)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

just 3D print the MIC tops.... those machines run 24/7 unattended :cool:

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems like all the manufacturers involved need to get on this 3rd quarter, not 4th. Let’s get these cranked out.
It takes alot longer than you think to add a new shift, there is alot going on that takes time. 1st there has to be the demand for the actual numbers, we all know there are alot of orders but they have to see after the hype dies down if the demand will still be there. They won't add a shift just to cut in a year or two

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fed benefits under Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) are $300 weekly, not $600. So in California you'd be at $350 + $300 = $650/40 hours = $16.25 per hour.

We pay up to $20 with experience in our custom frame shop and can't get anyone after looking for two months. The extra money isn't the only reason* but it doesn't help.

* had one who wanted the job but wouldn't work with other people or customers due to covid concerns. Hard to do in a customer service business with retail hours.
Sorry, left out the word 'combined' in the $600 a week. My neighbor owns a warehousing business, has 8 openings for workers at $17.50 starting with benefits, has only filled 2 spots in 5 weeks, no takers.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Again - Ford can easily fix the low productivity of Webasto the way military contracts are ensured:

GET A COUPLE MORE SUPPLIERS making tops. Webasto doesn't deserve "sole source" status if they can't get in gear. Let 2-3 other companies make them too, at the same time.

FORD - are you listening?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Bronco Alternator or seat cover suppliers can't keep up, they would go to another vendor. What's so hard about making composite tops that other suppliers can't do? Nothing. Get a few more companies making them.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At my dealership's Bronco preview event today (same LB & Rapid Red that's been Everywhere) one of the dealer's management staff said Ford & the union had just agreed to add a 3rd shift at MAP for the 4th quarter. That'll crank out some Broncos
Why not ask Ford how many tops were produced up to now? They do have inventory. "40 a day" means nothing. Ford stated their only limits were the painted tops. Hell they don't have a chip shortage for the Bronco they stated that too. This MIC topic is DRAMA.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not ask Ford how many tops were produced up to now? They do have inventory. "40 a day" means nothing. Ford stated their only limits were the painted tops. Hell they don't have a chip shortage for the Bronco they stated that too. This MIC topic is DRAMA.
It doesn't matter how many they make a day if they can't pass QC checks. As was mentioned in a previous post.
Sponsored