J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV driver seat bottom on my 2021 Bronco Badlands with just 10,000 miles is torn. Vehicle is a garage queen that gets hand washed regularly and has not been off road or abused in any way. My son took the vehicle by the local dealer who looked at it and claimed the “leather” was cut and said this isn’t a warranty item. This sure looks like the same type of warrantied tear that was posted by another owner on this site. The edges of the vinyl tear are clearly irregular. Went by an auto upholstery shop and they also said the material tore along a crease. Ford, I hope you are listening. I need some help with this. Here’s 2 pictures showing the location and a close-up of the defect.

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg
Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watching... I also have MGV seats.

Do you clip keys with a carabiner behing your waist belt? Maybe sliding in and out of the car with a keys attach to waist may cause it?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like something cut through it, edges a really smooth.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even trying to be funny with the "did you wax it" stuff, but have have you used any product on it? It almost looks brittle.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lift butt & exit. Do not scoot out.

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even trying to be funny with the "did you wax it" stuff, but have have you used any product on it? It almost looks brittle.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

terrible4130

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the same tear in the same spot. 2021 2dr. Badlands with 12000 miles. That appeared actually near 7000 miles. I never wear my keys outside my pants or have anything sharp. There was a thread about this before with the identical issue in the same spot.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

man that is tough, sorry. location says it was getting in/out and hard to prove as a defect. if it was on the other side way better argument.

IMO a good auto upholstery place can fix for 100ish. worst case scenario beat them into the ground and replace with katz or mabett.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So some people mentioned it - but what's the best way to clean the MGV? I have chemical guys all purpose interior cleaner and Aerospace. Both dece products? Don't want my shit getting "abrasive".

Sponsored

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These things are so cheap. Clearly a defect again…

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV driver seat bottom on my 2021 Bronco Badlands with just 10,000 miles is torn. Vehicle is a garage queen that gets hand washed regularly and has not been off road or abused in any way. My son took the vehicle by the local dealer who looked at it and claimed the “leather” was cut and said this isn’t a warranty item. This sure looks like the same type of warrantied tear that was posted by another owner on this site. The edges of the vinyl tear are clearly irregular. Went by an auto upholstery shop and they also said the material tore along a crease. Ford, I hope you are listening. I need some help with this. Here’s 2 pictures showing the location and a close-up of the defect.

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Defect  - Tear along crease IMG_4087

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Defect  - Tear along crease IMG_4087
It looks torn from over stretching, I experienced the same on a different part of the seat (headrest), but my own fault for doing what i did.

With the excessive MGV on that back side over that plastic it looks like you scoot in and out of the vehicle putting a large amount of pressure and thus stretch on that location. This will cause a tear especially if you have a large amount of friction or even edges of pockets as you slide off the seat.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So some people mentioned it - but what's the best way to clean the MGV? I have chemical guys all purpose interior cleaner and Aerospace. Both dece products? Don't want my shit getting "abrasive".
Ford recommends Motorcraft Leather and Vinyl cleaner, but any quality leather and vinyl cleaner should work perfectly fine.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine did similar, but along the side. Basically from sliding out. Dealer replaced the cover no questions asked. Honestly, it will probably do it again. New cover is kinda loose fitting. It also has fabric on the console front side - original stock was vinyl. So, now my two seats don’t match.

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Defect  - Tear along crease 6F7A91BA-8217-4316-8CB3-13450ACC89B1

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Defect  - Tear along crease 164652BF-B09D-424B-8FB2-7713D416F3B9

OP
OP
Jpursuit

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same tear in the same spot. 2021 2dr. Badlands with 12000 miles. That appeared actually near 7000 miles. I never wear my keys outside my pants or have anything sharp. There was a thread about this before with the identical issue in the same spot.
Thank you.

I don't have keys or a carabiner or anything sharp in or on my pants and I don't "scoot" out either.

The material appers thin there and had multiple minor creases in it before I noticed the tear. The trear is parallel with teh crest of one of those creases.
Sponsored