Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is it possible to not pay retail for Maxtrax? I’m ready to buy a set. I’ve seen them for $300 a set but didn’t know if someone knew of a website selling them cheaper or maybe with a 20% off code for the holidays. TIA
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it possible to not pay retail for Maxtrax? I’m ready to buy a set. I’ve seen them for $300 a set but didn’t know if someone knew of a website selling them cheaper or maybe with a 20% off code for the holidays. TIA
I just ended up going with Xbull on Amazon. Even if they end up being single use then so be it. Only reason I’d get MaxTrax would be if you were mounting them because who wants to mount the knockoffs 🤣

OP
OP
FreshKsig

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just ended up going with Xbull on Amazon. Even if they end up being single use then so be it. Only reason I’d get MaxTrax would be if you were mounting them because who wants to mount the knockoffs 🤣
Yeah I’ve done enough research that I want to real deals and not interested in the knock offs. Even saw a set of ARB’s snap in the snow on first use. I would have used them three times in the last two weeks if I had them so not interested in the one time use. Luckily I was able to dig myself out and then yank the other two rigs out.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We can't do anything on MaxTrax but how bout ARB? They are priced the same MSRP but if you PM me I might be able to do something for ya. Same quality as Maxtrax with a lifetime warranty.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-tred-pro-recovery-board-pair/

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I’ve done enough research that I want to real deals and not interested in the knock offs. Even saw a set of ARB’s snap in the snow on first use. I would have used them three times in the last two weeks if I had them so not interested in the one time use. Luckily I was able to dig myself out and then yank the other two rigs out.
there are a lot of YouTube videos demonstrating that X Bulls work just fine and you could go through 3 sets before you hit the price of Max Tracks. I think people should buy them if they can’t afford the ‘real deal’ ones. My biggest complaint is that the xbulls don’t stack nicely so if you were mounting them outside, they would be bulky. I used mine recently to get a subaru out of a snow bank. They worked well.

Here is a nice review:

Sponsored

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also mine have held up nicely. Not single use for me. Every plastic has a chance to snap in -30F though if that’s what you are referring to.

OP
OP
FreshKsig

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the advice but there are plenty of other videos showing almost all other brands not being able to take the same abuse. It’s not a matter of not being able to afford the Maxtrax, just wondered if someone knew a place to save a few bucks.

OP
OP
FreshKsig

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, pulled the trigger over at RCI off road. $299 a set with free shipping and no sales tax. Best deal I could find. They also had the mounting pins a little cheaper too.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Turns out that Backcountry carries Maxtrax and the 20% off code that they run periodically works. Free shipping too. Probably the best deal you can get. No orange though so you will have to live with green, tan or pink.

I also see them on eBay for $230 + $45 shipping but they also let you make an offer so maybe you can get a discount.
Sponsored