Sponsored

Maybe Ford should offer a white top for the 2 door ONLY?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Between the 2 body styles, the white top makes more sense for the 2 door model. A 2 door with a white top really harkens back to the original Broncos. The purists are the ones wanting a white top the most, and those selecting the 2 door are more likely to be purists. If its commodities that are preventing Ford from being able to offer a white top, maybe just offering it for the 2 door models this first year can help satisfy a sizable chunk of the demand without holding up deliveries at the same time.

Im a 4 door, soft-top guy so I dont really care, but it seems like maybe a temporary, semi-solution for something that cant otherwise be resolved, at least for this first model year.

Once production gets back up to normal speed next year, they can offer it across the board. But it looks like they arent going to offer at all this first year, so maybe this is better than nothing.
What ? Nooooo!
Sponsored

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The white top Broncos are going to be there equivalent to "old man caps" and sun visors on pickup trucks...there I said it.

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a soft top 4dr so ehhh... Don't care

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I ask is for Ford to give us straight answers . If they canā€™t do a white top- then just tell us why. Dont parade Broncos with white tops and say ā€œ weā€™re listeningā€ and then a week later change it to ā€œ no white tops.
dont represent that matching body hardtop is available on the 2 door and then - opps - it is not available.
now for those who do not understand our love of white tops -
just imagine if tomorrow ford said there would be no manual Broncos- just automatics. Well thatā€™s how we feel.
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say you've never swapped a transmission before, let alone one that's NBD..
Just the mechanical bits alone for this would be flywheel, clutch disc, clutch fork, clutch cable, pressure plate, pedal assembly, throw out, bearing/slave cylinder, clutch alignment tool, pilot bushing, bolts crossmember, and driveshaft. (this is assuming you can even source these parts and have the mechanical aptitude to do it)
Not to mention the nightmare of electrical gremlins to not throw codes at the end of the day.

Hardtop paint job would need the all-mighty sandpaper, tape, primer, textured roll-on paint, and patience.

One of these is not the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure Iā€™ve never used the word ā€œharkensā€ in my entire life. Need to consider adding that to my vocabulary.
First time! I found the opportunity to use it and I jumped on it!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...or maybe you should just shut up.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is facing supply chain issues...they (Ford) don't build the tops...I believe this removable top design is something new to them (Ford) and the supplier is new to working with Ford...Ford may want to build the vehicles with one default design choice to keep the cost down and to build trust with the supplier...optional configurations and colors become a item in the accessory catalog...we're gonna have to order white tops thru the parts dept. at the dealer...or paint them at the body shop....long live the white top!
and your top from the dealership will come in primer is my guess if its anything like jeep.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Ford engineer tell me specifically last Thursday that it wasn't happening in 2021 or 2022. So not speculation. But thanks for playing....
well that's foolish on their part seeing how many responded about white tops in the poll and the threads here.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard the white top is being offered in isle 6 at Home Depot near the rattle can display...

Sponsored

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

White tops suck, so do V8s. If you like white bronco anything you probably think OJ didn't do it / should have your license taken away cause you're old.

/s
I want a white top on a white Bronco. However I think OJ did it. But your correct I am old. But not too old to drive. I wonā€™t paint the top if white isnā€™t available but if white is an option when my order can get built. Itā€™s white on white.

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well. I would also like a Tan color top option and I would make my Bronco an Eddie Bauer!! Iā€™d switch to black color body and tan top. Iā€™m showing my age again. šŸ˜Ž

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really? How many people pining for the white top are getting a 2 door anyway? Id say the majority. And how many people are already debating between a 2 dr and 4 dr? Id say a few. Maybe the white top just puts them in a 2 dr.

But thats really irrelevant. Look at it from Ford's perspective. People are gonna be pissed either way. Piss off everyone, or piss off just a few?
I'm 4 door and would get the white top.
Sponsored