First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my daily driver, (a religiously maintained 2017 Wrangler) just 💩 the 🛏 and sucked a whole radiator full of coolant through cylinder 6...and I'm pretty sure the left head is on intergallactic backorder because of clown world.(not like I could afford the repair anyway) so now I'm driving a sun-baked 2wd 500$ '99 F150, which I actually don't mind, it's a good truck, but wont get me to work where I live.... I was hoping like hell to get a build date soon, but now I'm worried that my trade-in price having been reduced over 10 grand due to the mechanical issues may mean I won't be able to afford the bronco, even if it does come... 😔

You guys remember when you could just, you know, like, walk in to a Ford dealership and buy a vehicle you wanted? Those were the days... we didn't even know they were the days.
Sponsored

Jayman

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This actually happened to me too recently. My Kia took a shit and needs a new engine and the mechanic quoted me more than the Kia is worth. Luckily I towed it to Kia directly and I was extremely lucky for it to be covered on an extended warranty. If not, I would have had nothing to trade in and my build date is 11/28.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I've had the infamous rocker arm go bad on both heads waiting for a Bronco I ordered 2 years ago. However unlike you, instead of paying for a $6-8k repare job, I was able to fix it myself for about $600 in parts.

I've been trying like hell not to sink any money into my Wrangler and like you, have watch my value depreciate 5k-10k because of Ford's incompetence.

As it stands, I am easily down 10K in my Wrangler, have 6k worth of Bronco parts I'll have to take a hit on if I'm forced to sell, not to mention interest rates having gone up significantly since I ordered. In a couple months I'm going to have to choke up another $450 to register the Jeep for another year.

And to really throw salt into my wound, Ford Built my Bronco in Aug but can't seem to figure out how to put it on a train.

This Bronco better blow me away because Ford has me hating everything about it at this point. Even my wife and 10 year old think I'm making a mistake buying it at this point.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I've had the infamous rocker arm go bad on both heads waiting for a Bronco I ordered 2 years ago. However unlike you, instead of paying for a $6-8k repare job, I was able to fix it myself for about $600 in parts.

I've been trying like hell not to sink any money into my Wrangler and like you, have watch my value depreciate 5k-10k because of Ford's incompetence.

As it stands, I am easily down 10K in my Wrangler, have 6k worth of Bronco parts I'll have to take a hit on if I'm forced to sell, not to mention interest rates having gone up significantly since I ordered. In a couple months I'm going to have to choke up another $450 to register the Jeep for another year.

And to really throw salt into my wound, Ford Built my Bronco in Aug but can't seem to figure out how to put it on a train.

This Bronco better blow me away because Ford has me hating everything about it at this point. Even my wife and 10 year old think I'm making a mistake buying it at this point.
Don't get the depreciate part of this. if it's repairs yeah, value everything is up. Just looked at Jeeps since Bronco preoders opened in 20, average Jeep value is up 10k, and the last year value is up almost 13%.

You'll love the Bronco, and from your listed vehicle you're going WT. Basically, top tier Bronco regarding setup. I couldn't be happier with mine and I only have a BD. Previous vehicle was a Land Rover that had way more features. Really about expectations. Want a fun, capable vehicle that you can mod this is it. 90% of a Jeep offroad but crushes it on pavement. Personally, this is a DD that I offroad when I can so it's perfect.

I feel the delay thing, I waited almost two years too. If you're built it's just a waiting game now. Oh right, your family will be blown away by the size, actual comfort for an off-road oriented vehicle, and the tops off will be next level.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Welcome to B6G, a support group for Bronco people stuck in a major life purchase with no information. I feel your pain. I dumped my Highlander when prices were through the roof based on supposedly being a Q1 ‘22 build. Here I am Q4 ‘22 and it blended 9/13 and awaiting shipment a month later???

because of my B6G rational brutally honest support group, I have not purchased a single item for the Bronco. I’ve seen them damaged and totaled in shipment, surprise ADM’s, and a myriad of other obstacles between me and my garage. Until it’s in the garage, it’s wishful thinking.

sadly I sold my Harley 4 weeks ago to make room in the garage after I blended. Another regret from my friends at Ford. I cashed out of the Harley after 6 years for $2500 more than I paid, so not harmed financially. Ford could/would do so much better if they just communicate honestly about what’s going on. For too long they were able to rely on the dealer network. Now they stand alone. Poor dealer communication has probably cost Ford a ton of money in additional staffing for their chat and support lines that were otherwise handled by dealers in normal times.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Samsquantch

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah so the same dealer that was begging to buy my jeep 6 months ago is now saying it's not worth more than 14k, even if the repair in question didnt exist.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My transmission died on my ‘13 wrangler in July. 3k for a rebuild. Then I desperately needed new tires. Another chunk o cash. The clincher is our septic needs to be replaced and that’s more than the Bronco. And as we all know interest rates are climbing. At this point I was hoping to not get a build date until spring. I got a date last week for late Nov. no clue what I’m going to do. I need a new vehicle or at least newer. I feel ya OP. Long wait mostly with positive feelings… now?

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My transmission died on my ‘13 wrangler in July. 3k for a rebuild. Then I desperately needed new tires. Another chunk o cash. The clincher is our septic needs to be replaced and that’s more than the Bronco. And as we all know interest rates are climbing. At this point I was hoping to not get a build date until spring. I got a date last week for late Nov. no clue what I’m going to do. I need a new vehicle or at least newer. I feel ya OP. Long wait mostly with positive feelings… now?
Your septic replacement costs more than your Bronco???? Tell me you are exaggerating.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to B6G, a support group for Bronco people stuck in a major life purchase with no information. I feel your pain. I dumped my Highlander when prices were through the roof based on supposedly being a Q1 ‘22 build. Here I am Q4 ‘22 and it blended 9/13 and awaiting shipment a month later???

because of my B6G rational brutally honest support group, I have not purchased a single item for the Bronco. I’ve seen them damaged and totaled in shipment, surprise ADM’s, and a myriad of other obstacles between me and my garage. Until it’s in the garage, it’s wishful thinking.

sadly I sold my Harley 4 weeks ago to make room in the garage after I blended. Another regret from my friends at Ford. I cashed out of the Harley after 6 years for $2500 more than I paid, so not harmed financially. Ford could/would do so much better if they just communicate honestly about what’s going on. For too long they were able to rely on the dealer network. Now they stand alone. Poor dealer communication has probably cost Ford a ton of money in additional staffing for their chat and support lines that were otherwise handled by dealers in normal times.
I stupidly sold my 2018 f150 to my brother towards the end of 2020 expecting a bronco in early 21. He didn't want me putting miles on it while waiting for the Bronco.
Finally got a vin in March of 22. 5 or six missed build dates. Got to pick it up the second week of July 2022.
Some people are going to have PTSD after going through this process.
Leaving buyers with zero accurate info on build/delivery info for YEARS. F'n joke

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't get the depreciate part of this. if it's repairs yeah, value everything is up. Just looked at Jeeps since Bronco preoders opened in 20, average Jeep value is up 10k, and the last year value is up almost 13%.
Not in my experience. My Gladiator value dropped $3k in the last few months. It had now depreciated $13k in a year and a half. Pretty much fully loaded Willys in a very rare color. I even ran it through a few of the car buying sites. One came back with $28k. That would have been a $21k depreciation hit. Suck a..........

I took a hit trading for my Bronco. But it wasn't going to get any better. Got out while I could.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So my daily driver, (a religiously maintained 2017 Wrangler) just 💩 the 🛏 and sucked a whole radiator full of coolant through cylinder 6
I forgot to mention, almost sounded like that cracked head issue that Jeep extended the warranty to 100k (or 150k) miles. But I think it was only for the earlier years like 2012,2013..not 100% so may be worth checking.

If you are mechanically inclined, the Driver side cylinder head is pretty easy to get to. It's a bigger job than the rocker arms but it took me just an hour and a half from start to pulling cams on the Driver side. (Passenger what more difficult)

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys remember when you could just, you know, like, walk in to a Ford dealership and buy a vehicle you wanted? Those were the days... we didn't even know they were the days.
Not to pour salt in the wound, but that's how I got my Bronco last fall (for MSRP) :rolleyes:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I manage a fleet of 150 vehicles for my employer, I buy and sell about 35 vehicles per year. Trade in prices have certainly dropped this year. From mid 2020 to early 2022 used vehicle prices were appreciating due to inflation and lack of inventory for new and used. It was awesome for me getting 60% of MSRP for a 100K beat up 1500, now those same trucks are under 40% of MSRP. Used car prices have been dropping about 3% per month since March 2022, so about 21% since then. I don’t understand it because new vehicles are still very difficult to get, maybe people are just tired of overpaying for used junk and willing to order and wait for something to come in. Some vehicles are definitely sitting. My Chevy dealer is still sitting on a nice 2019 Traverse Premier that I traded in for $23,000 in June, they initially put it up for $30,000 but now they are down to $24,500. I have another similar 2020 Traverse with 30K less miles and in better shape, they offered me $20,000 for it and cited the other one not selling in four months.

The same trend is impacting Jeeps. A coworker has a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 120K miles she is looking to trade in on a new Jeep. in August they originally offered her $26K for hers if she bought something off the lot, or $25,500 if she ordered something. Now that something has come in that she wants to buy their offer has dropped to $21K due to “the falling used car market”. $5000 lost in just two months on a clean Jeep.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quoted at 50-60k. Most of that is materials. Price of materials has skyrocketed. I very much wish I was exaggerating.
Not to derail the thread but you need to get another quote or two. It shouldn't cost near that much, even if you were to rip everything out and start over. Yes, material costs have gone up, but they haven't gone up that much.
Sponsored