Sponsored

Got my first road scar, but it wasn't that bad.

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So in my part of the world, they are re-working the I-16/I-75 exchange. They have turned it into a single lane only for each, and I have seen several accidents driving through daily because people can't follow the several signs and warnings. Well, today was my day. Some guys in a Ryder rental truck decided that running me off the road was a better option than taking the lane they were in. and being inconvenienced for a couple miles. I managed to avoid getting hit, but I did soccer kick a construction barrel about 50 yards. Nothing serious, just damaged one of the plastic trim pieces covering a recovery point on the mod bumper. Was given a price of $40 for the replacement that should be here tomorrow, and the skid plate did it's job. Had a strange rattle, but it stopped when I removed the damaged piece.

No drama. No heartache. Nothing more to add, just thought I'd share a slice of life.

Ford Bronco Got my first road scar, but it wasn't that bad. PXL_20221020_132628787
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol,can we have the ryder guys point of view too? Bet it’s different

OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol,can we have the ryder guys point of view too? Bet it’s different
We were lined up cab to cab. They were looking right at me as they came over into my lane, so I'm assuming they just thought "We're bigger, so move out of our way." Maybe I should have emergency braked, but I wouldn't have cleared their truck and the car behind me was already closer than I like (and did hit the brakes hard to avoid getting clipped as well.).

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So in my part of the world, they are re-working the I-16/I-75 exchange. They have turned it into a single lane only for each, and I have seen several accidents driving through daily because people can't follow the several signs and warnings. Well, today was my day. Some guys in a Ryder rental truck decided that running me off the road was a better option than taking the lane they were in. and being inconvenienced for a couple miles. I managed to avoid getting hit, but I did soccer kick a construction barrel about 50 yards. Nothing serious, just damaged one of the plastic trim pieces covering a recovery point on the mod bumper. Was given a price of $40 for the replacement that should be here tomorrow, and the skid plate did it's job. Had a strange rattle, but it stopped when I removed the damaged piece.

No drama. No heartache. Nothing more to add, just thought I'd share a slice of life.

Ford Bronco Got my first road scar, but it wasn't that bad. PXL_20221020_132628787
I'll be using that interchange this Saturday on my way down to the bustling metropolis of Vidalia.
I'll be on the look out for Ryder trucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be using that interchange this Saturday on my way down to the bustling metropolis of Vidalia.
I'll be on the look out for Ryder trucks.
When you get to Macon around exit 167, Left lane 75, Right lane 16. There is no middle lane.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PXL_20221020_132628787.jpg
a little scary for you for sure and i'm glad it's an easy fix but I have to laugh. hitting a barrel like that in my 911 would be $10k in damage. I can't wait to hit stuff in this thing. zip ties and a rattle can for urban survival gear.

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should have made the whole bumper metal to prevent stuff like this. Even the capable “metal” bumper that came with my bad Sas has a lot of plastic pieces

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are supposed to get those “scars” off-road!

OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford should have made the whole bumper metal to prevent stuff like this. Even the capable “metal” bumper that came with my bad Sas has a lot of plastic pieces
I wouldn't argue that. With the mod bumper, the only plastic bits are these covers for the recovery points. Cheap enough to replace, covers the exposed bolts for the points, but yeah, they might should have thought a little more about it.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

a little scary for you for sure and i'm glad it's an easy fix but I have to laugh. hitting a barrel like that in my 911 would be $10k in damage. I can't wait to hit stuff in this thing. zip ties and a rattle can for urban survival gear.
I had someone bounce one off the concrete barrier one time and I couldn't avoid it with my Tundra. I got out and looked when I got to work, and not even a single mark. I was shocked. But that barrel came off the wall and flew in front of me, then I bounced it over the wall rofl

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are around $30-40. Not a huge loss. Glad nothing more serious.
Sponsored