indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to derail the thread but you need to get another quote or two. It shouldn't cost near that much, even if you were to rip everything out and start over. Yes, material costs have gone up, but they haven't gone up that much.
Not to further derail the thread, but one time I had to dig in my yard, to find the buried inspection hatch for the septic tank. I stepped down onto what I thought was dirt, but instead was the fiberglass inspection cover, which promptly cracked and I fell into the tank! Anyone watching would have next seen a crazy guy stripping naked in the yard hosing himself down, lol.
Sponsored

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quoted at 50-60k. Most of that is materials. Price of materials has skyrocketed. I very much wish I was exaggerating.
That's insane. I realize that we are in different parts of the country but that's crazy. I am a Home Builder and just last Friday I paid a grand total of $5,136.00 for a new construction on site 1,000 gallon per day treatment plant with a spray field discharge. The drip system discharge is a little more expensive than what I paid, but not a lot more.

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quoted at 50-60k. Most of that is materials. Price of materials has skyrocketed. I very much wish I was exaggerating.
Wow. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “holy shit”.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to derail the thread but you need to get another quote or two. It shouldn't cost near that much, even if you were to rip everything out and start over. Yes, material costs have gone up, but they haven't gone up that much.
I have and yes they have.
I have and yes they have.
check this out for one - concrete pricing.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PCU32733273
And my area is more expensive than others. It’s an engineered system there are some wetland considerations. Pumps involved. It’s small, but involved.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's insane. I realize that we are in different parts of the country but that's crazy. I am a Home Builder and just last Friday I paid a grand total of $5,136.00 for a new construction on site 1,000 gallon per day treatment plant with a spray field discharge. The drip system discharge is a little more expensive than what I paid, but not a lot more.
Want to come do mine? Airfare, lodging, food and booze included!

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I manage a fleet of 150 vehicles for my employer, I buy and sell about 35 vehicles per year. Trade in prices have certainly dropped this year. From mid 2020 to early 2022 used vehicle prices were appreciating due to inflation and lack of inventory for new and used. It was awesome for me getting 60% of MSRP for a 100K beat up 1500, now those same trucks are under 40% of MSRP. Used car prices have been dropping about 3% per month since March 2022, so about 21% since then. I don’t understand it because new vehicles are still very difficult to get, maybe people are just tired of overpaying for used junk and willing to order and wait for something to come in. Some vehicles are definitely sitting. My Chevy dealer is still sitting on a nice 2019 Traverse Premier that I traded in for $23,000 in June, they initially put it up for $30,000 but now they are down to $24,500. I have another similar 2020 Traverse with 30K less miles and in better shape, they offered me $20,000 for it and cited the other one not selling in four months.

The same trend is impacting Jeeps. A coworker has a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 120K miles she is looking to trade in on a new Jeep. in August they originally offered her $26K for hers if she bought something off the lot, or $25,500 if she ordered something. Now that something has come in that she wants to buy their offer has dropped to $21K due to “the falling used car market”. $5000 lost in just two months on a clean Jeep.
Yes, things are cooling/dropping from the height of the pandemic but things are still higher or equal to when it started. I'm with you on that, I watched my vehicle go up and down in value waiting until I got it and dropped a few grand. Still higher than pre-pandemic.

For fun I just checked now and my trade-in is down to pre-pandemic trade in pricing. I'd still consider that higher since there is no depreciation in 2.5 years. Agree I think people are just done overpaying in general. Rates aren't helping either.

The break-fix stuff stinks but it is what it is. New vehicles in general are a long wait, the bronco is just at the top of the list. Also 'lost" is subjective. You are only gaining since you are able to buy at a set price and sell at an inflated one. I wouldn't count on that to afford or purchase a vehicle and consider that a bonus. A majority of people sold an inflated price vehicle to buy another that was inflated. Also, its why ADM is a thing right now but dying..there's money on the table..

OP
OP
Samsquantch

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
This old green F150 is almost as much of a constant in life as the sun or moon. Grandpa bought it new in 1999. For 20+ years when all of my family's cars broke down (mostly dodges and jeeps) he always had this truck for us to use. He probably lent it out 15 times before he died. Funny thing is this truck is what turned me into a Ford guy. It was always there and always ran good when our chryslers and chevrolets were falling apart. Now it belongs to my sister. Odometer stopped working at 145k... It's sat for the last 7 or 8 years in a parking lot in Indio CA and has been torched by the 120 degree heat and covered in desert sand. But here it is again, running just as good as it did 23 years ago. Serving the same purpose, being something dependable to use, after my Jeep took a shit 😆 my grandpa would probably be laughing about this.

20221017_073812.jpg

20221017_074252.jpg

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Want to come do mine? Airfare, lodging, food and booze included!
I don't personally do septic work, I sub that out to a local environmental service company.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where you live has a huge impact. Was just watching some show where a person out East got a quote for a new roof at $6k. Where I live, that same roof is $25k

and it's only going to get worse with supply chain issues and people crying that having a 16 dollar min wage isn't enought for a non-skilled job.
Sponsored