Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on my utility table...

JBL Clip 4 speaker
Battery kit - Jumper pack and cables
Tire kit - ARB air hose, air accessories, tire plug kit, gloves, socket wrench
Light kit - LED road flares, chem lights, good quality flashlight, amber chase light covers
Knife
Tourniquet
Ax
Fold down cup holder
Dometic faucet mount
6 charging cables running to external battery that charges while driving

IMG_7094.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_7098.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_7099.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_7100.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_7101.HEIC.jpeg

How much weight is on that Tailgate Table now?

You may want to add a Tailgate Hinge Support as if you had a 37" Spare Tire Installed

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much weight is on that Tailgate Table now?

You may want to add a Tailgate Hinge Support as if you had a 37" Spare Tire Installed
None of those things listed are heavy. It's not nearly as much as Fronco Bronco had on his tire platform without reinforcement. He had nearly 70 sitting directly on the tire.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 133# Weight

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been awhile since my last update. Will do a few posts with some of the previous projects.

Just mounted the Allied Expedition tire reinforcement bracket.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_1029

IMG_1030.jpeg

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SAE Solar Input

I installed an SAE plug near my mirrors so I can easily plug in a solar panel without having to crack a window or open the door. This is wired in to run directly into my Bluetti EB55 battery which powers my fridge. So when at camp I can set the 200w Bluetti panel on the roof or off to the side depending and get power into my system.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_2591

IMG_2592.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

24V Booster

I installed a 12v to 24v 10amp booster. This is also wired into my Bluetti EB55 so I can duel charge the battery with both AC and DC power at the same time and getting a combined 380watts into the battery. Compare that to maybe just 60 watts input that most people get from only charging their battery from their cigarette plug.

IMG_2593.png

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB Air Chuck

I relocated the air chuck from directly on the compressor which I learned you shouldn’t plug directly into it and should have at least 12 or so inches of metal braided line to cool the air off first.

I moved it down behind the grill on to one of the crash bars. There was already a hole there but had to enlarge it a bit. It’s somewhat of a tight fit to plug the line in but it works for now and is tucked up out of the way.

I also relocated the switch inside so now I can turn on and off the compressor and plug the air line in without having to pop the hood.

IMG_2595.png

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Propane Tank Mount

This was one of those projects that kind of just came together and everything seemed to work out and fit perfectly.

I was planning to get a propane tank mount and attach it to the side of my tire with a bracket. I decided to randomly check Craigslist to see if anyone had something used for sale. Thinking this was an absolute one in a million chance. I came across the Front Runner propane tank mount locally in the same town my buddy lives in. I didn’t even know they made one. So I picked that up for 1/3 of what it costs new.

On the Allied Expedition tire reinforcement bracket there are two tabs at the top for antennas. My dad suggested I place the propane tank on it to see if it fit and sure enough it was perfect! I sat perfectly across the two tabs. So all I needed to do was come up with some way to attach it.

When I was in Maine my uncle and cousin helped come up with a design. They created a custom bracket and then bolted everything together. I picked up a little rubber stopper and attached that so if the tailgate swings out past 90 degrees it will stop it from smashing into the body.

The mount is removable if I ever so choose. This frees up a lot of room in the interior from not having to have the tank inside. It also allows me to run a gas line from it to my Jetboil Half Gen and cook on my fold down table and not have to waste space with a 1lb tank.

For this trip I wedged a little block of wood between the tire and the mount to keep it from bouncing on dirt roads. This trip was 250 plus miles on logging roads in Maine so it was a smart move.

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2590.png

IMG_1388.jpeg

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting your mods. You really must do a lot of homework. You find the sweet spot between quality, price, and functionality and your installations look great. Also we have a lot of the same gear. 😜.

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting your mods. You really must do a lot of homework. You find the sweet spot between quality, price, and functionality and your installations look great. Also we have a lot of the same gear. 😜.
Thank you!

Yeah I spend a ton of time researching and really thinking things through. I use it a ton camping and then see if I really need to add it before just doing it. Eventually ill probably add a roof rack but havent found a true need just yet. So I like to be patient with my stuff. Have done every single install myself and with my buddy.

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the thread to my original writeup with more details and photos to see how it was originally built.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-custom-sleeping-platform-storage-area.45651/

Basically version 2.0 is the same size platform and support boards as before. Just now it’s 3/4 inch and 2x6’s so it’s beefier and 2 inches taller. I also Raptor lined it this time instead of using speaker carpet. The old one was starting to sag and the speaker carpet was looking really ratty. I also Raptor lined my interior panels as they were all scratched up and wanted everything to match.Finally I Raptor lined the lids of my bins so they are no longer yellow and it matches everything better.

I love this new setup so far. It looks great and that 2 plus inches of storage (it was sagging) allows me to store a ton more things in there. I can now fit a change of clothes, shoes, 2 gallon water Rotopax, 200w solar panel, 21w solar panel, various solar cables, soft shackles, saw, shovel, tow strap, and other items.

In the sub floor I can access all my tools, tire jack and also added a 20ah / 256 wh battery wired in to my external battery inverter as a companion.

Now when the seats are folded down there is a little dip between the platform and the top of the seat. I just put a folded blanket in there to fill that void. Can’t even notice it when my sleeping pad is on it.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_1388

Sponsored