First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 - 2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see wiring at the hood hinge. Did you run it through the hood and out at the hinge? Also, care to point me to where you purchase that light? Thanks and looks great!

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did a bunch of projects on it this weekend.
  • Painted my shackles in Cactus Grey.
  • Hard wired up my battery generator power cable.
  • Ran the wiring for the overhead fan. (It can rotate to face out or in when sleeping in it)
  • Wired up Baja Designs S2's. (come on in reverse AND with an upfitter switch)

Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.27.05 AM
Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.26.48 AM
Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.26.28 AM
Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.27.17 AM

Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.27.28 AM

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took Moon to Ginnie Springs and went camping this weekend. First time I got to fully utilize the cargo table with my charging station. It worked great! I charged up the Baofeng radio that was used on the convey up. Had all the cables out to charge all devices for myself and our neighbors. Used both white and red Baja Designs rock lights on my hatch. Also tested out my home made awning setup and connected that to my big tent which happened to line up perfectly to the side door.

I had a TON of compliments on the rig while at camp. People waving, giving thumbs up, coming up to check it out and talk about it. Great time!

Also this was the first time it looked "green" to me being surrounded by all the trees. So now depending on the environment. I've had it appear Grey, Blue and now Green.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.24.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.24.39 PM.png

imagejpeg_1.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.25.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 11.22.03 AM.png

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went camping again last weekend and met up with some friends with cool rigs.

Also just got done detailing it for the first time and applied CERAKOTE Ceramic Trim Coat Kit. I figure while everything is new and fresh might as well protect it. I did all the black plastic - trail sights, fenders, mirrors, roof, window trim, door handles. I bought 2 boxes (20 wipes total) and used 16 of them. I'd recommend this for all Bronco owners to help protect our black plastic which we all know fades.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHJVK4G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Ford Bronco Meet MOON Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 12.45.18 PM

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_1048

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a roll of Reflectix to make some window coverings for camping and also to help with the sun. Easy project and one roll was enough for the front and rear windows. Need to order a second roll if you plan on doing the cargo windows and tailgate which I probably will sometime.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPF22U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG_4474.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 5.11.02 PM.png
IMG_4477.jpeg
IMG_4478.jpeg
IMG_4480.jpeg
The rest is great. But this... this was clever AF. Serious props for this. Consider this idea stolen. :)

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for a decade and loved the fact that the seats folded flat with the rear and had lots of storage under that around the spare tire. As soon as I had a Bronco ordered this was the number one project I wanted to do. I finally got around this past weekend to build out a platform bed to level it out for sleeping and give it much needed additional storage to mimic what I had in the Jeep.

I looked at several posts on this forum for ideas. I wanted something super simple. I didn’t need to have the entire thing be completely level by adding an additional platform over the rear seats. Or to fill in the gap between the front seat and the folded seat. I wanted to keep it clean looking and as soon as I fold down the seats have something ready to sleep in. So with that said check out my build.
I cut 2 2x4's and spaced them out far enough so I could still open the sub floor compartment.

0.png

I then cut the deck to 42" x 33"

1.png

I put duct tape on the sides so it wouldn't scratch up the plastic when loading. Put in to test the fit of everything and then screwed down the deck to the 2x4's.

3.png

Take the remaining 2x4 and cut it to length for a front piece. Note that this piece is not screwed in or attached. Simple inserted in place. This gives it a finished look, hides the gear, and also gives it a lot of support. Can easily add heavy bins, coolers, fridge on this.

4.png

Time to carpet it. I used Gorilla Spray Adhesive and speaker carpet. I used one solid piece and glued half at a time. Folding the edges down over the bottom.

6.png

Used a staple gun and stapled the sides down. Also used scrap carpet to place on the 2x4's so it slides in easy and doesn't scratch things up. I also cut a piece for the front of the 2x4 not pictured.

6a.png

Wrapped the front 2x4 as well and added some tie down points. Everything fits great. Seats work up or down. Can close the tailgate just fine and the little "bump" doesn't hit anything.

7.png

Run the passenger seat all the way forward. Then flip out the rear headrest from the lowered seat and can set a full size Pillow (My Pillow brand of course) on top and it fills in that gap perfectly. So no need to build additional stuff.

7b.png

If you lift up the deck you can still access the sub floor storage. Added bonus you can prop up the platform with the sub floor lid!

8.png

Additionally if you don't need to access the sub floor you use the front 2x4 to prop up the deck allowing you to get what you need.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_4580

Everything all closed up and a storage bin held in place with the tie down points.

10.jpeg

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Wired up Baja Designs S2's. (come on in reverse AND with an upfitter switch)

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_4580
What bracket is that for your rear lights? Do you have a link to it?

Thank you!

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands