Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This past weekend I went to Merus Adventure near Amarillo. We stayed in one of their new cabins and joined a blue tour.

https://merusadventure.com/tours/

I am from the North Dallas area and the 5 hour road trip there was well worth it. The hiking and 4x4 trails were beautiful and the challenges were perfect for my level. Here is a video of my trip:

They really take pride in keeping the area clean and you can tell everyone working there is in love with the place also.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with a group or guided trip? Been looking at this trip for awhile.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guided trip. You really can't beat the price for over 6 hours of being on the trails.
Seems to be a great deal. One last question... Green or Blue trails? I know there can be some gnarly stuff out there, but afraid green might be too passive.

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems to be a great deal. One last question... Green or Blue trails? I know there can be some gnarly stuff out there, but afraid green might be too passive.
I did the blue tour. Their definition of blue was a bit more advanced than my definition, but with the guide, I felt comfortable and I feel like I learned something.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with a group or guided trip? Been looking at this trip for awhile.
Do the guided blue tour (the green is really... just a tour). If you have no experience whatsoever, maybe do the green. I think you have to be a member as well to roam freely, at least during the day (you have a day pass when you buy the guided tour). Also, introduce yourself and talk to guide before roll out, let them know your level and what you'd like/expect. They are responsive, if they can be. We did tougher trails last time because we asked.

Keep in mind, you can get in trouble at Merus; there are definitely challenges. I especially enjoyed Johnathan, he's a really good guide if you're less experienced but want to go on blues. Last trip we did tougher blues (Deep Creek, Sagassor and Middle Earth, they don't really rate yellows/reds but they have them), and I did three black stunts off Sagassor. Respect the blacks, though, if you're experienced or willing to get some damage (I crushed both plates in a dip and banged hard a few times on the blacks).

I've been three times and it's great. Stay there or Amarillo; Canyon IMO is kinda far, because you have to drive around the canyon, but is a nice little town. If you can, save time for Palo Duro and Caprock Canyon state parks; they're pretty rad.

Watch the NTX Bronco club for trips out we'll announce (@Graham1911 is a member and has been posting his trips ahead of time, and I'll be going back periodically). If you have something in mind, you can also message me direct.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was there last November with my Veterans group. They'll be going back for Veteran's Day this year too! Good place to be, going down in the canyon is a good ride.

If you're a vet/leo/first responder you should look into this trip. It ends up being camping on site, and free roaming through the park at your own pace. All covered by the organization.

https://projzero.com/

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was there last November with my Veterans group. They'll be going back for Veteran's Day this year too! Good place to be, going down in the canyon is a good ride.

If you're a vet/leo/first responder you should look into this trip. It ends up being camping on site, and free roaming through the park at your own pace. All covered by the organization.

https://projzero.com/
Oh yeah, there's also the Trail Recon challenge, if you like to camp. It is not guided, though. Fall/Spring (when not muddy) it could be pretty nice. Summer/winter, maybe not.

https://merusadventure.com/trailreconchallenge/

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past weekend I went to Merus Adventure near Amarillo. We stayed in one of their new cabins and joined a blue tour.

I am from the North Dallas area and the 5 hour road trip there was well worth it. The hiking and 4x4 trails were beautiful and the challenges were perfect for my level. Here is a video of my trip:

They really take pride in keeping the area clean and you can tell everyone working there is in love with the place also.
Wow, that's beautiful - and it looks like you had a great time! Roughly what do tours cost? I'm hoping to do some blue trails there, but it's always more fun with a group, and a guide who knows the terrain + can share some history about the area

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, that's beautiful - and it looks like you had a great time! Roughly what do tours cost? I'm hoping to do some blue trails there, but it's always more fun with a group, and a guide who knows the terrain + can share some history about the area
$58 green
$68 blue

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole area has an interesting history. If you go, try to drive through 207 from Silverton (past Mackenzie Reservoir). Not only is it pretty (the canyon is all around), but I would suggest stopping at the historical markers and reading about the settlers that came through that area. And the state parks.

Last edited:

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing great video.
Sponsored