First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still looking for what might be the best one, but I was planning on probably getting a ventilated car seat cover/cusion to help with the Southern Nevada heat if it's uncomfortable next summer (Bronco is in transit now so missed this summer):

Cooling Car Seat Cushion

I'm sure it won't be as good as a ventilated seat built in but it's something I could test out and take off as needed.
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting caught in the rain isn't going to hurt leather or cloth seats, though the cloth seats would take some time to dry. A little bit of proper care on your leather and any reasonable amount of water will just wipe away.

Additionally while vinyl is waterproof, the seams are not and there are plenty of non-vinyl components to the MGV seat - if any seat is going to get water trapped inside the cover and start mildew growth its going to be the MGV.
Leather will be ok depending on the leather, cloth not soo much unless you leave it to air dry in heat for a few days which isn't always possible if it's in the cooler season like fall time for example.
But leather makes me sweat just as much as MGV but at least MGV is pretty much maintenance free while leather is not and MGV will last a lot longer than leather unless you are one to condition and clean the leather properly, which would be pointless in an off road vehicle. I have 100% certainty this MGV is high enough quality that it will last a long time even if it gets wet

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in Georgia and I am from New Orleans. Trust me when I say MGV was never going to be an option!

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At 5’9 and 160lbs. I don’t have any conditions that would exacerbate the hot back. I don’t remember leather being like this but the last vehicle I had with leather was an ‘07 Escalade EXT w/ cooled seats in ‘07. Cloth seat wrangler’s since then…w/ heat. After 25 minutes w/ the heat on w/ MGV you have to turn it off and you would be looking for a cooled button. Temps in the 40’s. After 2 hours no heat… pretty miserable…finally putting some miles on the bronco, so the gremlins are coming out…Conclusion MGV seats are self heated by you! No need for mid pkg.
Ehh. I’m the opposite. No sweat at all. Although the seat warmers have a ton of power if I use them I put them on low. And if u still have sweat issues. I’m suspecting you have a back sweater under your clothing 😅

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

I can knit a wool sweater like…crochet, with my man sweater…Lol!

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i sweat a lot and don't have much of an issue. with the big windows, removable tops, and a/c i feel like you can easily get to a good temperature in the cabin.

i'll admit coming from leather it is a little more breathable but imo the mgv is insane comfortable and so far super durable. i'll take mgv over leather any day. if ford can figure out some cool seats in the refresh that can withstand water it would be killer.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

i sweat a lot and don't have much of an issue. with the big windows, removable tops, and a/c i feel like you can easily get to a good temperature in the cabin.

i'll admit coming from leather it is a little more breathable but imo the mgv is insane comfortable and so far super durable. i'll take mgv over leather any day. if ford can figure out some cool seats in the refresh that can withstand water it would be killer.
Tech 6 Evo? What offset and what size tire? Wilpeak a/t?

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mmmmmmmmm sweat stains......
My son inherited my dad's Honda Accord with cloth seats. Grandpa smell never left the seats, even after multiple detailings and summers baking out.
As for the Bronco BD, throwing a towel or seat cover over the MGV on hot days is a better plan...especially when Grandpa rides shotgun.

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had a Badlands at last weeks' Bronco Off Roadeo in Vages, had MGV, super glad my ordered WT is coming with cloth! No way, I was sweating the entire time.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sweat pretty easily. But I can only remember sweating 2 times ever with MGV. Once when the top was off, on a warmer day, in the sun, and in traffic. Other than that, feels great. Up until the bronco, I had owned cloth seats all my life and I much prefer these MGV seats. Sure they get hot in the sun but I can life with that. Cloth seats absorb smells and my always got some sort of stain. Kids amplify the mess as well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Psssssssst..... 4 words.........after, market, seat, covers.

The MGV can't be 2 things. It can't be water friendly, AND be absorbent. The nature of the water friendly properties means it's going to be hot when it's hot. Leather isn't that water friendly, and goes against the whole wash out option in my opinion. kinda perplexed they made the sides of the seats cloth though ?

You've got to introduce something that will counter the heat. Anyone who's driven an older, no AC, vinyl seat car can tell you that.
Yes, it's not wool.
Sponsored