Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could be driving a three speed black Pinto with black vinyl seats, without air conditioning, and an overheating problem necessitating turning on the heat in summer to keep from overheating.

For these reasons, no one will ever catch me with a vinyl car seat in my daily driver again. I made a vow that summer.

Imagine being surprised that vinyl seats are hot. :geek: PS - guess what happens when it's really cold in winter. :eek:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's the main thing that makes me want to swap to a wildtrak w/cloth...

If I can ever order another one, I'll switch to wildtrak and take the oportunity to move to 2.7/auto/lux at the same time ::)
Honestly, the OBX cloth is better than the WildTrak, but you won't get HOSS 3.0 in an OBX. The Sasquatch OBX is now the old WildTrak anyway.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody who’s had neoprene covers in the past will likely agree that they are great in some respects, relatively inexpensive, but super swampy…even for those of us without back hair or otherwise prone to excessive sweating.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your MGV seats are cooking your butt?

You need to get the stuff that truckers use and swear by….

Ford Bronco MGV…The back sweat is real, what gives? 7A0A05F4-79F7-4F8A-B19C-302451CCFE51

And for that special lady sharing your Bronco adventures in your MGV pax seat

Ford Bronco MGV…The back sweat is real, what gives? 413CE8D2-4487-4656-95E2-E2A4F4377084

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could be driving a three speed black Pinto with black vinyl seats, without air conditioning, and an overheating problem necessitating turning on the heat in summer to keep from overheating.

For these reasons, no one will ever catch me with a vinyl car seat in my daily driver again. I made a vow that summer.

Imagine being surprised that vinyl seats are hot. :geek: PS - guess what happens when it's really cold in winter. :eek:
You’re a crazy chick

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is reason 428 why I don't buy brand-new vehicles. I was loving the sound of the MGV, and the early reviews were very positive. Then summer arrived, and with it posts like these!

I'm definitely going with cloth or leather when I get mine.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on doing seat covers for my MGV mostly just to keep them from getting beat up over time as I plan on doing some hooning with this thing... Will probably go the Carhartt route.... because manly...

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Psssssssst..... 4 words.........after, market, seat, covers.

The MGV can't be 2 things. It can't be water friendly, AND be absorbent. The nature of the water friendly properties means it's going to be hot when it's hot. Leather isn't that water friendly, and goes against the whole wash out option in my opinion. kinda perplexed they made the sides of the seats cloth though ?

You've got to introduce something that will counter the heat. Anyone who's driven an older, no AC, vinyl seat car can tell you that.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody who’s had neoprene covers in the past will likely agree that they are great in some respects, relatively inexpensive, but super swampy…even for those of us without back hair or otherwise prone to excessive sweating.
I had wet okole in 1997 in my TJ in south Louisiana
I can still remember how hot they were

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have leather in my 4 dr Badlands (Cyber Orange) and MGV in my 2 dr Badlands (Erection Green). I had cloth in the 2 dr Big Bend (Race Red) that was traded. So, having experienced all three coverings in the new Broncos, MGV is my favorite.! Leather has always been my choice in new vehicles.
Ford Bronco MGV…The back sweat is real, what gives? DBECA8B3-C152-4B85-8100-6A469BCDECA1

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have leather in my 4 dr Badlands (Cyber Orange) and MGV in my 2 dr Badlands (Erection Green). I had cloth in the 2 dr Big Bend (Race Red) that was traded. So, having experienced all three coverings in the new Broncos, MGV is my favorite.! Leather has always been my choice in new vehicles.
Ford Bronco MGV…The back sweat is real, what gives? DBECA8B3-C152-4B85-8100-6A469BCDECA1
I’m debating Katzkin in my EG only because I want a brown interior

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they don't absorb then you're gonna have a wet back, and butt similar to leather or vinyl. A Summer seat cover option is already in my plans.
And if they do absorb, like cloth, you will have a nice sweat stain. It’s always fun to sit in someone else’s car and see their sweat stain.
Sponsored