one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, this confirms why there were photos of dirt mountain builds with just the middle panels removed. I guess Ford thought that only the middle panels needed to be replaced for the “cosmetic” issues.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because we are only Human, in difficult times. It appears that the middle panel is the culprit, and it is easily replaced, and in the mean time the car can be enjoyed.
If Ford QC on the obvious areas is poor, one wonders about the areas no so easily seen. Yes we are human but if leadership accepts mediocracy then that is what they get. An expectation of excellence may not produce perfect cars but certainly a higher quality one.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford QC on the obvious areas is poor, one wonders about the areas no so easily seen. Yes we are human but if leadership accepts mediocracy then that is what they get. An expectation of excellence may not produce perfect cars but certainly a higher quality one.
Yes, true. It's possible that this imperfection in a small percentage of cars is normal, and always has been, but that what is different is the scrutiny that is made possible by forums like 6g that track and examine every single vehicle sold. There are hundreds of Broncos highlighted on this site that are delivered and used with no imperfections and much joy. There are thousands delivered happily to people not on 6g, or who don't comment on 6g, partly because of our reputation for critical negativity.

Yes, the dozen or two quality control vehicles are bad, and yes, Ford is not perfect. But they are being called on it, and will make it better. I waited for an extra 3 months for my car as it sat in Purgatory, awaiting a new MIC roof, so I understand frustration. The guy with the mis-matched center panel can happily drive his while awaiting a new one. It will look better or worse, depending on the light source. But he has his car. We're fortunate to have new vehicles. Have you seen Subaru dealers lots? They're much worse off than Ford!

The people I feel sorriest for here are the 535 airbag people, some fellow DM alumni, whose Broncos are built, but undeliverable due to a faultily folded airbag. They're still waiting.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does a bronco like that even make it out of the factory ? It is piss poor quality control!
Based on what we've seen, if the hard tops had to be perfect, there might not be too many of them escaping the factory.

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue. Took it to the dealer and they advised me of two options. 1) Wait for a new middle panel from Ford (ETA - Unknown) or 2) They paint it to match. - Has any one had their discolored roof panel painted to color match ?

Sponsored

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven’t noticed that sort of discoloration on mine. I have what appears to be a hole that was punched through and poorly repaired though. It’s really clear in certain weather or lighting conditions since the color doesn’t match at all.

Cant wait to warranty that.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same issue. Took it to the dealer and they advised me of two options. 1) Wait for a new middle panel from Ford (ETA - Unknown) or 2) They paint it to match. - Has any one had their discolored roof panel painted to color match ?
I have the same issue, its been only a week of my ownership and I did not notice it until I checked into a hotel when travelling then I saw the color difference of the middle panel, will take it to the Dealer and if they give me the same options, I will get it color matched with my Bronco as it is Black and I will like to get to same color.

"But when you said (They paint it to match) do they match the paint to match with the other 2 Panels or the Body color?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same issue, its been only a week of my ownership and I did not notice it until I checked into a hotel when travelling then I saw the color difference of the middle panel, will take it to the Dealer and if they give me the same options, I will get it color matched with my Bronco as it is Black and I will like to get to same color.

"But when you said (They paint it to match) do they match the paint to match with the other 2 Panels or the Body color?
Funny, I first noticed mine from a 6 story hotel room when it was parked below. Mr drivers front panel is off a little.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny, I first noticed mine from a 6 story hotel room when it was parked below. Mr drivers front panel is off a little.
I am in the 5th Floor😁. There is a little rubber liningpeaked between the front 2 panels, I saw that on someone else's picture posted here.

If you zoom the second picture you would notice it. Not sure whether its the same for you.

PXL_20220428_222235584.jpg

PXL_20220416_200632766.MP.jpg

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well the middle section of my MIC 2.0 top is clearly lighter than the front and back. Anyone else notice this?

Ford Bronco Mic 2.0 different colors? PXL_20220416_200632766.MP
I see Ford's back to 50 shades of grey. Though they fixed that!

Sponsored
OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see Ford's back to 50 shades of grey. Though they fixed that!
Update! Dealer replaced my center section under warranty and it matches great now!

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they painted to match the other two panels .
Sponsored