Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I raised the concern on a similar thread (but search isn't helpful in finding) that for Wranglers if you go soft top from factory that then you lose the hookups for the rear window defroster and wiper fluid (and control stalk to add the rear window wiper control) - net like $300 in parts but a LOT of labor. So it is easier to add a soft top in future than a hard top.

That said, if I go 4 dr on a Bronco, I am definitely going soft top. My wrangler soft top works in snow (due to face-melting heater perhaps) and AZ sun and everything in between. So for my weather it is almost a crime to go hardtop (unless go 2 dr then Ford's fault for this crime).
It would be really good to know if the soft top still comes with hook ups for the wiper etc. before ordering.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

does anyone know (on the 4 door), if it's equipped with a soft top - does the hard top fit over the soft top and frame when it's retracted, or does the entire soft top and frame need to be completely removed from the vehicle prior to putting it on?
If it's like the Wrangler, and I would bet it is, you'll need to remove the soft top, and all of the frame work to install the hard top.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's like the Wrangler, and I would bet it is, you'll need to remove the soft top, and all of the frame work to install the hard top.
How long does complete soft top removal take on a Wrangler?

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be really good to know if the soft top still comes with hook ups for the wiper etc. before ordering.
Allegedly a Ford rep at Super Cel East stated that all broncos come with the hookups standard, regardless of what top it leaves the factory with.

After a quick search I can't find that comment in the forum, but I may keep looking.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish for would make a "Tops" walk thru video. Not Bronco Nation but Ford.. I am being silly, I know.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just wait a bit to see if the B&P is updated to include the dual top option. Regardless, it's likely the configurator for ordering with include a dual tops option. If you absolutely have to choose, I'd go with the MIC top - less likely to run into problems.

Myself, I'm planning on getting the MIC, soft, and bimini tops. Hoping the wife doesn't ask any questions. :)

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first time it take 15/20 minutes to install because you have to install brackets and door surrounds on the wrangler. Once the brackets are installed it takes probably 2-4 minutes to remove the top and door surrounds to be ready to install the hardtop.

Flipping the top to the back is in a matter of 1-2 minutes (unlatch the front channel and slide windows out)

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The soft top looks like doo doo

But I want to be topless and doorless as much as I can and I dont want to store that damn thing in my garage with the help of my wife all the time taking it on and off

I will probably get the soft top now and hope bestop comes out with one quickly

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do not like the black painted top at all. Which sucks, because if that is the only option for Modular, I am stuck with the MIC.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do not know brother. I just have the hard top. Maybe check the Jeep Wrangler forum. I would guess that has been talked about in the past. I've never looked, but it is a good forum to find info.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish for would make a "Tops" walk thru video. Not Bronco Nation but Ford.. I am being silly, I know.
It would be helpful for sure

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have gone soft top with my Gladiator but it is hideous with it folded back. Probably going to go soft top with the Bronco.

Gladiator soft top.jpg

TommyBoy_260Pyxurz.jpg
yeah have no idea why they made the gladiator stoop so hideous looking. It's bad enough seeing the wrangler owners who don't know how to properly fold the soft top back and make it look clean and then you see the gladiator as if the wind caught the top and just threw it back on top.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're going with the soft top now, modular later if we decide we want a roof rack. The MIC color and, IIRC, the lack of removable rear side windows is a non-starter for us.

The modular delay actually makes ordering easier for us now, as we don't have to wrestle with a soft top vs. modular decision now.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
flipping back my soft top on the wrangler takes me 2-3 minutes and that's including removing the 3 windows. Then to completely remove the top and frame, it takes me 30 seconds. Putting up takes longer as I (I'm 6' tall) have to stand on my rear 35" tires in order to get the top up and over the rollbars.