GiantSloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I am stuck in Wildtrak purgatory (no build date, no current estimate as to build - but hopefully sometime between now and 2022). I do have a MIC top picked out for my Bronco but I am beginning to wonder if that is the right choice. All the recent news on the quality and feel of the MIC top lead me to believe that this particular top is meant to be a very basic, super late and, frankly, cheap entry level option for a hardtop. With the modular top being a little more busy and durable - of course at a much greater weight.

Now I have a great dilemma for myself. On the one hand I would not mind waiting for 2022 or 2023 if that means getting a hardtop that has all the kinks worked out but on the other hand I like the fact that the MIC hardtop is supposed to be pretty light - and tha is important to me.

You see, I don’t have a garage where I can put in a hoist and lift the top off the Bronco. So I am specifically looking for some thing that is easy to takeoff.

One of the frustrations with my current Rubicon is that the hardtop is a PIA to takeoff and this is why I’ve only done it twice in the three years I’ve owned the car. I guess there’s always a chance that the modular hardtop could be disassembled and more pieces and made lighter, for example by taking off the side windows or may be the gunnery hatch I have seen in some renderings, but I’m not sure.

I dunno. What do you all think?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mod top is the way to go. Remove side windows, easy access standing outside to unbolt the top (no crawling around in the cargo area, could even get away without emptying it). once free of the glass, it is probably lighter, although both seem to be a two person job without a lift.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think if you want a hard top and can wait, wait for the mod top

MIC production and serious quality issues + everything you pointed out here really make that clear
Sponsored