ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what is the big deal about removable quarter glass windows? I honestly do not see a major benefit, unless you are a dog riding in the back?

To me it seems like something that is just easy to steal. ETA till you see Broncos with modular hard tops missing a window or two riding down the street?
Sponsored

Reactions: DHC

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another benefit of the modular/removeable glass, the rear top will be even lighter to remove. I mentioned to my wife I was considering the non-modular and going dual top. She looked at me funny. #1 she hated the Jeep soft top. Both swapping it and actually using it. I imagine the 4dr soft top will be a bight unsightly folded down, like my LJ. #2 she didn't like how heavy and awkward the LJ top was. She wants the hard top and doors to be easy to take on and off, she did not like any part of the Jeep process (including the crap mirrors with the doors off). Modular roof it is I guess :)
Not necessarily, they probably add more material to increase stiffness. Good comparison is convertible cars weigh more than their hardtop counterparts

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what is the big deal about removable quarter glass windows? I honestly do not see a major benefit, unless you are a dog riding in the back?

To me it seems like something that is just easy to steal. ETA till you see Broncos with modular hard tops missing a window or two riding down the street?
I think it’s because the rear seats have no windows so it would be like having a window rolled down for rear passengers.. I don’t drive back there so I could care less lol

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It gets complicated because the modular top is heavier construction in general than the MIC... so you’re going to have to do some math to see which is actually heavier in which configurations.
I assume the smaller individual pieces and removing glass will make the individual components lighter, even if the assembly in total is heavier? That was my thought process at least, until we get to actually touch and feel the tops.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it’s because the rear seats have no windows so it would be like having a window rolled down for rear passengers.. I don’t drive back there so I could care less lol
I could see that in a 2 door. I’m getting a 4 door and I just don’t see the point for a 4 door.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see that in a 2 door. I’m getting a 4 door and I just don’t see the point for a 4 door.
Dogs, it's all about the dogs!!!!

And, I think it will make it a very unique open air feel when the entire hardtop roof is still on the doors/rear modular sides are off. My bikini top was constantly loosening on my jeep. This seems like a good option.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dogs, it's all about the dogs!!!!

And, I think it will make it a very unique open air feel when the entire hardtop roof is still on the doors/rear modular sides are off. My bikini top was constantly loosening on my jeep. This seems like a good option.

But it won't be like a bikini top. It will be sort of like unzipping the rear quarter windows but leaving the top up and back window in.....

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But it won't be like a bikini top. It will be sort of like unzipping the rear quarter windows but leaving the top up and back window in.....
Exactly, sort of like Bermuda shorts vs. bikini top :)

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's always been about the dogs...

Attachments

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My bikini top was constantly loosening on my jeep.
Never had that issue.

And don't expect to on the Bronco as I'll be using the front panels as a "hard bikini" most of the time.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The similar thread list at the bottom of the page sometimes works better than the search function. ?
Unfortunately you have to already be in a thread to see similar thread list... guess I could have gone in one of the random modular threads and see if it listed a comparison.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately you have to already be in a thread to see similar thread list... guess I could have gone in one of the random modular threads and see if it listed a comparison.
Yeah, wasn’t trying to give advice on how to avoid making a redundant thread, it’s just funny. I’ve deleted a few threads I started after noticing they were already covering by looking at that list.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never had that issue.

And don't expect to on the Bronco as I'll be using the front panels as a "hard bikini" most of the time.
The LJ bikini was pretty big and had some buffering issues the shorter wheelbase didn’t.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, wasn’t trying to give advice on how to avoid making a redundant thread, it’s just funny. I’ve deleted a few threads I started after noticing they were already covering by looking at that list.
That list is my go-to reference for the snarky first reply I make about the similar threads that already exist.
;)
Sponsored