Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well bless your heart!
Those of us with 1/21 orders and no Broncos sure feel your pain.
I originally reserved in July of 2020, but got caught up in the granger allocation bull, so after waiting a month for ford to switch my reservation to a new dealer, I decided to make a new order. And now here we are. So close to the end. The lack of info is driving me insane.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@WyoBronc , @Rick Astley , @HotdogThud can I join guys at Micky D's Thursday morning?
I'm buying!

1643208656262.png
Haha. I would say yes, however my understanding is Micky D’s has been negatively impacted by the worldwide “Pink Slime” shortage and the fries haven’t been the same since they removed trans fats. So, I’m afraid it’s a hard pass for me.

OBSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not just Broncos. My F150 Tremor order from July got pushed from a 21 to 22 model in the fall. Finally built a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was just waiting for shipping until the dealer updated me that it’s actually waiting for a microchip before it can get shipped.

If we hadn’t got lucky and got our Bronco in December I’d be a lot more pissed off with the truck delay

Burghbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here, showed "produced" with no update for a while. Now the dealership is showing "microchip at plant on hold". Pretty disappointing but at this point what else is new? Still thankful I was a fortunate one to even get a build date...
Is this why I have been listed as "In Production" for over two weeks no or am I just in the general group of lost in the shuffle.

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude this shit is surreal at this point. The wait, the delays, the lack of information letting speculation and frustration boil over. Have been car-less waiting on a vehicle for over a year now. I cant afford to make a move on a car twice so i am getting closer and closer to giving up and getting ripped off on some used shit i dont even want.
I had to go the used shit that I don't want route myself. I bought a 2019 VW Jetta with a low monthly payment just to get me by until my Bronco eventually gets here. I plan on trading it in when the Bronco does make it. Maybe you can go this route?

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonder if the chip delay is just 2.7s. Someone posted that 2.7s are on hold, but that was a "my dealer said"

I have also noticed a lot of 2.3 being scheduled in February
You said "my dealer said" Ha....drink up

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had to go the used shit that I don't want route myself. I bought a 2019 VW Jetta with a low monthly payment just to get me by until my Bronco eventually gets here. I plan on trading it in when the Bronco does make it. Maybe you can go this route?
I’m trying my best to hold out. People with same blend date have modules going live today so there is some minimal hope.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You said "my dealer said" Ha....drink up
I was quoting someone else. but yea, i'll take a swig to get me through the day. :p

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good info. Agree to a point. I think this is a short term issue that will get resolved. I did also see some ford communication that indicated this.
That’s all I am saying too - I think Super Chief is one of those guys who has to be right and needs to practice his listening skills.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased a 2021 Bronco BB 4dr soft top about 5 months ago to tide me over. I paid a $5k ADM for the privilege and my salesman promised me I wouldn’t take a bath on it when I trade it in on my 2dr WT when it comes in next month. I’ve added all weather floor/cargo mats, rocker panel armor, trailer hitch and 33” Toyo AT3 tires, so I hope he keeps his word and they don’t stiff me. But if they do, I’ve already secured my own financing through USAA without a trade-in, so I’ll just keep them both or sell the BB for a favorable price later.
I don’t remember the car buying experience being quite so complicated prior to Bronco.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased a 2021 Bronco BB 4dr soft top about 5 months ago to tide me over. I paid a $5k ADM for the privilege and my salesman promised me I wouldn’t take a bath on it when I trade it in on my 2dr WT when it comes in next month. I’ve added all weather floor/cargo mats, rocker panel armor, trailer hitch and 33” Toyo AT3 tires, so I hope he keeps his word and they don’t stiff me. But if they do, I’ve already secured my own financing through USAA without a trade-in, so I’ll just keep them both or sell the BB for a favorable price later.
I don’t remember the car buying experience being quite so complicated prior to Bronco.
see what vroom would offer when it comes time.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
see what vroom would offer when it comes time.
I did get a Vroom quote about a month ago and they made a pretty good offer. For the 4dr BB with Mid pkg and signature headlights along with the $2500 in aftermarket improvements, they offered $47k. It has about 3,100 miles on it…..so I didn’t think that was too bad. Was hoping $49k to break even, so we’ll see what the dealership says. I’ll let them know, however, that a market value ADM works both ways. I’ll have to tread cautiously however in order to maintain the MSRP pricing on my WT.

whodatdubi

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, Gated Ferrari 360 Spider, '23 MB EQS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your dealer is wrong. FORD already stated in the early stages of production that they purchased enough chips to meet the production of the reservations role out. The delays have been Covid -19 related and MIC issues but chips are not one of them.
Ford (Manufacturer not dealer) specifically told me that it is on hold for micro chip

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The chip shortage is effecting EVERYTHING that needs them. I'm an IT Project Manager and our IT ops are having problems obtaining equipment....everything is delayed now.
Sponsored