JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Plant Hold" just appears to be an extension of ICE Mountain storage. Since they shipped them, you can assume they may fall into either the "some "Vehicles would be Drivable" and other "Vehicles would be Sellable" depending on the missing modules. " (see post below.)

They may not be releasing them to the dealers yet as either the dealer did not sign up for the New 2022 short-ship program or the details are still being worked out.
did you get your bronco yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so it wasn't a chip hold ? did you or the dealer do something to get it delivered ? man this is getting irritating !!
Not a clue. No chip that I know of. It just changed status and left. No information. At all. Sucks! Hope you get it soon!

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there is a lot of talk about constraints for parts…but the other side of the equation is out bound transportation. Transportation is the wild wild west right now…rail is incredibly backed up and truck is all about paying the highest rate and preferred lanes for the drivers. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if availability of out bound trans by lane doesn’t have an impact on what is scheduled for build. 27 years in SCM at two major OEMs…these times are crazy. I don’t envy the production schedulers…supplier on time delivery is well below 50%, and misses aren’t by hours or days, but rather weeks.

Sponsored

BR6NCO.

Outer Banks
First Name
JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could understand the typical rail yard holdup but the trucking company can’t pick mine up because of the “plant hold”. Dozens of other fords have been picked up along with 3-4 other broncos while mine sits.

Just does not make sense. It’s been over 5 weeks now.
did you get yours ? how many days did it take?

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you get yours ? how many days did it take?
Nope, it shipped 2/9 and is still in the rail yard 8 miles from the dealer. It is listed as “Hold ford motor company” and the trucks delivering to the dealer won’t pick it up.

The dealer nor the ford folks can tell me what’s going on.

The wait with it so close is awful! Haha

BR6NCO.

Outer Banks
First Name
JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, it shipped 2/9 and is still in the rail yard 8 miles from the dealer. It is listed as “Hold ford motor company” and the trucks delivering to the dealer won’t pick it up.

The dealer nor the ford folks can tell me what’s going on.

The wait with it so close is awful! Haha
shit , i think i am in the same boat, I will try calling ford tomorrow and maybe get a better explanation of the hold at the railyard

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
shit , i think i am in the same boat, I will try calling ford tomorrow and maybe get a better explanation of the hold at the railyard
It gets worse. My dealer had a F150 that had been there since October 18th. It did finally show up a few weeks ago.

October! I think about that all the time.

My date for delivery is set for September 23rd but it gets pushed back every other week. So it’s not like I can get excited about whatever date they give because it changes so often.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Morning all! Hoping everyone gets good news today!
Sponsored