Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 days ago I was told May 22 - May 28. Today I was told July 22-28. How in the world can it jump 2 months in 2 days?
Because it’s a bs, arbitrary date like the May ones were. There was never any intention to clean up the backlog. They couldnt do it; knew that and strung us along.
Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I order one 11/1 .Got a letter confirming it from fords and nothing else!!! I figure it will be a 2025 build at this point!!!!

dfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Volvo V70
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess my optimism was misplaced. Pushed from end of may/first week of June to July 14.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really am not pissed, I'm not one of the people who is waiting for the Bronco "needing" a car. I ordered mine as more of a fun vehicle. I just wish Ford would give out WHAT CHIP is holding everyone up. I think the reason they won't is that it's a chip they will use on "the line" to keep it going instead of putting it in the vehicles sitting. I made a thread about it TWICE and both times the thread was deleted without a word. I'm going to screen shot this post so when it gets deleted I will know I posted it and I'm not crazy!

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I order one 11/1 .Got a letter confirming it from fords and nothing else!!! I figure it will be a 2025 build at this point!!!!

I ordered mine 11/2 and only got confirmation email... In the meantime I got my popcorn reading all these threads.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you who filled out the spreadsheet don't forget to update your EDD...I just did. Ya I know it's meaningless, but at least we can compare?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for giggles I checked the CS chat before leaving for the weekend. I expected the same old reply, but instead I got this. IDK what to make of it. On the one hand my EDD is moved UP by a month...on the other hand the agent is clearly lying to me, because I last checked on Tuesday and got the same status as always "microchip at plant hold". anybody else have changing dates?

frdcht10.png

frdcht11.png

frdcht12.png

frdcht13.png

cjs9473

Big Bend
First Name
Connie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Were any of you with chip holds one of the lucky ones who are now awaiting shipment or already shipped?

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 months after blend date I’ve gone from in production (chip hold) to built->awaiting shipment. Ford back in feb said they’d work to clear the builds on the mountain within 90 days. It happened.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand why people stuck in chip hold are frustrated as they watch new builds being delivered. The problem is once you were placed in chip hold, your Bronco was stored in one of the many parking lots in Wayne, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights or Allen Park. You joined a new line to wait in. Unfortunately, it’s a very long line. Imagine the logistics involved for Ford employees to visit these lots and install the missing chips as they become available. Once installed they have to move them to new location to wait to be shipped. Some of them can’t be moved because they are blocked in by other Broncos missing chips. It’s complicated and unprecedented in the industry.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 months after blend date I’ve gone from in production (chip hold) to built->awaiting shipment. Ford back in feb said they’d work to clear the builds on the mountain within 90 days. It happened.
Didn't happen for me. 2/24 blend, still on hold 124 days an counting. April blends are seeing movement, and January blends are. Somehow I got stuck in the worst spot I guess!

EDIT: Tracker shows BUILT this AM! built 6/27. So I guess 123 days is the new 90? Either way I am excited to see movement!

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Build week 4/4. Chip hold until yesterday. A lot of us who were on chip hold in our build week have been moved out. Think they are finally making their way through the lot.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

resurrecting an old but still relevant thread for all my current fellow chippies. It was really fun watching my build week go by with lots of builds after mine getting shipped, but mine and others with lower tech (mid package here), just sitting. Ford is admitting most of us are on chip-hold now. I'm guessing we won't get our 22's in 22 based on the previous posters in this thread. Someone mentioned a spreadsheet, but I don't see on on the OP

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on Ford Chat just on Tuesday. Blend 8/15, built 8/20 and still sitting in "AWAITING SHIPMENT" mode........40 days almost. Ford Chad told me my VIN wasn't showing ANY holds and that shipment was just being arranged........or possibly final QC checks that needed correction before shipment. My dealer said he was going to call their Zone rep to double check. My dealer even acknowledged this is all BS but then told me it isn't terribly bad yet as his pickup was 65 days from built to delivered. Oh, well, I have waited over 800 days now, a couple of extra weeks won't kill me.

Ford Bronco Confirmed “Chip Hold” Thread 1664474670036

Cav

Wildtrak
First Name
Cayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopping into this thread, as ford chat finally confirmed that I’m on a chip hold. I’m bitterly laughing that they still say my estimated delivery is 10/7. It’ll be a miracle if that happens
Sponsored