First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know a handful of 10/24 build week Raptors are on “chip hold,” just curious if it’s only Raptors.

Stupidly I figured @Ford Motor Company had learned a lesson and wouldn't send builds down the line without knowing if they had enough chips by now.

We (other raptor members) have been stuck “in production” on the trackers. We all called Ford and Ford performance over the last 3 weeks and every time would get told “your vehicle is “produced” and awaiting shipment and we were even given ETA dates. We would ask about the trackers still showing “in production” and we were told “sometimes the trackers don’t get updated.”

Yesterday I called Ford and another member called as well and we were finally told “chip hold.”
Sponsored

alohashaneo

Raptor
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know a handful of 10/24 build week Raptors are on “chip hold,” just curious if it’s only Raptors.

Stupidly I figured @Ford Motor Company had learned a lesson and wouldn't send builds down the line without knowing if they had enough chips by now.

We (other raptor members) have been stuck “in production” on the trackers. We all called Ford and Ford performance over the last 3 weeks and every time would get told “your vehicle is “produced” and awaiting shipment and we were even given ETA dates. We would ask about the trackers still showing “in production” and we were told “sometimes the trackers don’t get updated.”

Yesterday I called Ford and another member called as well and we were finally told “chip hold.”
Same boat as you. All a cart Wildtrak. Lux, 4dr, Hoss 3.0, tow, and everything else. Model year 2022. Build date 11/14, produced, went into transit, then pushed back into production with a chip hold tag. Wonder how long it will take for all of us.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same boat as you. All a cart Wildtrak. Lux, 4dr, Hoss 3.0, tow, and everything else. Model year 2022. Build date 11/14, produced, went into transit, then pushed back into production with a chip hold tag. Wonder how long it will take for all of us.
That answers that, was thinking it was just Raptors. But...how the hell does it go into “transit” and then pushed back to chip hold lol wtf.

New ice mountain taking shape, apparently @Ford Motor Company loves having Broncos sitting at the plant during Michigan winters.

alohashaneo

Raptor
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That answers that, was thinking it was just Raptors. But...how the hell does it go into “transit” and then pushed back to chip hold lol wtf.

New ice mountain taking shape, apparently @Ford Motor Company loves having Broncos sitting at the plant during Michigan winters.
Exactly what my first thought was. Biggest BS process I've ever seen I think. If they start fully producing and delivering MY23's and make our 2022's sit, there is going to be some fire in me

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think about it this way: they went ahead and built you car, hoping they would have the chips. They don't, but its slmost ready! Almost . . .

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Think about it this way: they went ahead and built you car, hoping they would have the chips. They don't, but its slmost ready! Almost . . .
This is true...but, if my production date would’ve been the next week it would be sitting in my driveway. Problem with “chip hold” is they go into a @Ford Motor Company purgatory and who knows when Ford will get to them.

cdcsf

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB Sprinter 4x4, '22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11/10/22 blend. 11/14 build date. Chip hold for me.

4 door BL High package with tow....any one have an idea what option is causing the chip hold?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is true...but, if my production date would’ve been the next week it would be sitting in my driveway. Problem with “chip hold” is they go into a @Ford Motor Company purgatory and who knows when Ford will get to them.
Three months. Thats how long my MIC top Bronco spent awaiting a replacement top last year . . . Then, poof . . . It arrived!

Ssach

Badlands
First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands one day
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if Delivery occurs in 2023 ... can it really be called a 2022??? J/K - this whole process has been one of the worst car buying experiences I have ever dealt with. From having to find a dealer 3 hours away that would honor MSRP, to needing price protection to waiting 1 year plus and now in chip hold.

Just hoping the torture is worth it but not holding my breath with the number of Ford Quality threads out there.

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

11/07 blend. Wildtrak Lux. Still in production.was told last two days it’s on chip hold. Today chat says otherwise,,but I won’t believe it untill I get a built notification.
10/25 build day, on chip hold

My truck’s sitting in Jurassic Parked

Naxty

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does one find out if they're on chip hold? I got an email this morning that my Bronco was built and is awaiting shipment. Does that mean my order is in the clear?

2dr Mid Black Diamond if that helps

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How does one find out if they're on chip hold? I got an email this morning that my Bronco was built and is awaiting shipment. Does that mean my order is in the clear?

2dr Mid Black Diamond if that helps
I’d say you’re in the clear, but a previous poster said he received shipment status and it was pulled back for chip hold so who knows, you can call Ford....but Ford told us for 3 weeks “produced” and gave us ETA delivery dates, all of us showed and still show “in production” on the trackers though.
Sponsored