Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could understand the typical rail yard holdup but the trucking company can’t pick mine up because of the “plant hold”. Dozens of other fords have been picked up along with 3-4 other broncos while mine sits.

Just does not make sense. It’s been over 5 weeks now.
“Plant hold” is a new one to me. I’m so glad that part of my life is over. The frustration quickly turns to anger. I was so mad I could kick a puppy toward the end of my wait.
Sponsored

hwboi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat but with one nuance that someone in the railyard marked my bronco as delivered to the dealer so I can't event get updated status now. When I contact Ford they think my bronco is delivered but the dealership says it is still at the rail yard. The rail yard says it hasn't been released by Ford. I'm at 16 days now

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No update here. But today is the first day of delivery window they kept telling me 24-30. I have zero faith in the date information but it’s all I’ve got now. No tracker does anything once your in the rail yard. 😡😡😡

WVUBronco22

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 VW Eos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, mine was supposedly a convoy shipment that was built on 1/12/22. It hasn't updated since. No one will respond to any of my inquiries - customer service phone/chat/forum/Instagram - all say the same thing - "stay in touch with your dealer". The dealer has checked and pushed everyone they know - nothing. I feel your pain here. They are saying mine is a "convoy carrier delay" I think they're all just made up BS at this point.

Honestly, it's taken all the excitement out of the process. The estimated delivery date for mine just keeps changing a few days later over and over again. Went from 3/24 earlier this week to 4/4 as of yesterday. So frustrating.

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah this sucks… Mine is also on some sort of “plant hold” since being marked as built on 3/7

I’ve got something they can hold… but it sure as hell ain’t a plant!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seriously I can’t imagine a company botching a launch worse if they actively tried. Thank god for them having the COVID card to play. Yeah I love the stay in touch with your dealer line. Even my dealer tells me that we on Bronco6G know more than they do. Likely saying that cause he doesn’t want to fool with it. Not as if they have to try and “sell” the vehicle.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, mine was supposedly a convoy shipment that was built on 1/12/22. It hasn't updated since. No one will respond to any of my inquiries - customer service phone/chat/forum/Instagram - all say the same thing - "stay in touch with your dealer". The dealer has checked and pushed everyone they know - nothing. I feel your pain here. They are saying mine is a "convoy carrier delay" I think they're all just made up BS at this point.

Honestly, it's taken all the excitement out of the process. The estimated delivery date for mine just keeps changing a few days later over and over again. Went from 3/24 earlier this week to 4/4 as of yesterday. So frustrating.
I agree. I’ve damn near lost all excitement. I’m sure if it ever does show I will be happy but what a shame.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this in the 2/21/22 build week thread. It appears I am on "plant hold" also, but as mine is convoy it hasn't left the plant (or ice mountain, wherever it sits now)
so I checked again and I got:

"Thank you for your patience, Brian. First, congratulations on your new 2022 Bronco! Your order currently shows In Production-Delay - Plant Hold-Mi Assebly Plnt, MI-Status Update ETA Mar-31-2022. Since you have already received your VIN , you can track your order status using this link, when updates are available: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking ."

I asked what "ETA" meant and got:

"That is the ETA for the next status update. We would recommend checking back after this date for updated status and details."

What in the name of Lee Iococca does that mean?
I guess "ETA" just means your vehicles' next parole hearing?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sad to say but even when your bronco is shipped like mine it continues to be a total cluster F with lack of information. Mine was dropped off by train last week in Atlanta and now is on a “plant hold” which no one can explain. Dealer doesn’t know. Customer service at ford can’t tell me what it is. So now we wait for ???? Who knows what. I’d say I’m way lucky to be shipped and not on the Ice / Mud Mountain but now I’m not so sure. Could it sit in Atlanta for months? Dealer doesn’t have it ….. verified in photo. Lol. (There’s a twin but a hardtop in the pic)
"Plant Hold" just appears to be an extension of ICE Mountain storage. Since they shipped them, you can assume they may fall into either the "some "Vehicles would be Drivable" and other "Vehicles would be Sellable" depending on the missing modules. " (see post below.)

They may not be releasing them to the dealers yet as either the dealer did not sign up for the New 2022 short-ship program or the details are still being worked out.

@Wralex2 and @Bronco cat what you are describing is last year's Bronco 2021 short-ship and park program. After this thread was published, I've heard more information from one of my dealer sources on the New 2022 short-ship program.

Last year's short-ship program was canceled in part due to union demands as the UAW wanted to run the Bronco's back through the production line just to install a couple of modules instead of letting the dealers install them. Now however, due to the economic realities of the supply chain issues, Ford has revised last year's plan to ship vehicles without some modules to dealers, if they choose to sign-up for the program. As others have mentioned, last year's plan was for the dealers to store and care for the Bronco's, until the modules arrived.

The new plan, based on what dealers learned through the sign-up process and what the Ford executives told the Ford dealers at last weekend's Las Vegas NADA show, is that the "Vehicles would be Drivable and Sellable".

However, the realities seem to be a little more nuanced, with details still being worked out. It may be better to say, some "Vehicles would be Drivable" and other "Vehicles would be Sellable" depending on the missing modules. Those that are not immediately sellable would be stored and cared for by the dealers until the missing modules arrive and the dealers install them.

Again, this will not apply to all dealers as they specifically have to sign-up for the program. Don't pin a lot of hope on hearing more from your dealer, as much as we Ford consumers are complaining about Ford's lack of communication, the dealers don't have it any better. Ford has been tight lipped about most things with them as well, leaving the dealers in the dark.

(I've updated post #1 with this information)

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sad to say but even when your bronco is shipped like mine it continues to be a total cluster F with lack of information. Mine was dropped off by train last week in Atlanta and now is on a “plant hold” which no one can explain. Dealer doesn’t know. Customer service at ford can’t tell me what it is. So now we wait for ???? Who knows what. I’d say I’m way lucky to be shipped and not on the Ice / Mud Mountain but now I’m not so sure. Could it sit in Atlanta for months? Dealer doesn’t have it ….. verified in photo. Lol. (There’s a twin but a hardtop in the pic)
F904FE03-4859-4182-B149-3CC917C5A75A.jpeg
:(
Hey @Ford Motor Company this is where the hero in the movie finds said bronco and expedites it to downtrodden character.
This is exactly why I want to be shipped from Ice Mountain while we wait for modules. Knowing it could be a cluster F like this, I'd rather start the months long process now and have the module go UPS to the dealer.

Best of luck getting this cleared up, it must be torture!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Plant Hold" just appears to be an extension of ICE Mountain storage. Since they shipped them, you can assume they may fall into either the "some "Vehicles would be Drivable" and other "Vehicles would be Sellable" depending on the missing modules. " (see post below.)

They may not be releasing them to the dealers yet as either the dealer did not sign up for the New 2022 short-ship program or the details are still being worked out.
Thanks for passing along. Kinda makes sense what they want to do but I’m afraid ford isn’t nimble enough to pull something like that off well. The wait continues. Time to go drive by dealer in case it randomly gets dropped off.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fords manufacturing practices are a total clusterfuck. If I had run my plant like this when I was still working there- I’d have been fired immediately. How can you possibly think it’s right and economically sound to partially produce a product, move many of that product to the side waiting on some finishing part/process, all the while continuing to produce the same product with materials needed to complete the ones set aside. So, your later customers get their product before the earlier ones.
Then, to add to the cluster, there is essentially no rhyme or reason as to how the set aside products are finished to be shipped. It’s not FIFO- it’s “oh here’s one nearest to me, let’s finish that one”. So again, customer number 446 gets screwed as customer number 1500 gets their product finished and shipped. It’s a complete shit show and one that would not work in many manufacturing environments- at least not the ones I was involved in.

For example, my 3/9 build sits in production waiting on a part. Several same builds as mine in the following build weeks have been built and shipped and some delivered, while mine still sits. CS still tells me my ETA is 3/24-3/30 which worries me more. There’s no way it’ll get finished and arrive at my dealer in NC by then. So that leads me to believe they have no idea where my bronco stands or if they even know where it is. I’m frustrated as hell. But I cannot imagine my frustration if I was an ice mountain customer. This is just inconceivable how this company stays profitable with these manufacturing methods. But I’m sure they know 90% of their customers are going to buy it anyway so why should they care?
Sorry- rant over.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well not at dealer still. Visually verified. 800 number has no update. Still plant hold. Dicks. If it wasn’t six hours to Atlanta I would drive up there this weekend to put my eyes on it maybe ask somebody through the fence if they know anything. I need a damn vehicle this is ridiculous. @Ford Motor Company

superyl

Outer Banks
First Name
Liang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco got hold like yours for a week at local rail yard and this morning I checked it says in transit again. I don't think it's because of chip shortage.. probably a logistics nightmare.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My bronco got hold like yours for a week at local rail yard and this morning I checked it says in transit again. I don't think it's because of chip shortage.. probably a logistics nightmare.
Awesome! How did you see that? The 800 number people?
Sponsored