Sponsored

Now Windshield hold after chip hold? Anyone else hear this?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well of course... Didn't Henry invent sand? I'd call and ask, but I know they would just tell me to contact my dealer because they always have the most up to date information
Henry Ford invented KingsFord coal.

Close enough?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Henry Ford invented KingsFord coal.

Close enough?
I knew that one... wasn't it leftover wood chunks used to make the tops on the Model-T. Really smart guy. Used to love walking around the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit when I was doing research for my business at the Benson-Ford library there. Cool place. The train ride and the Model-T rides are highly recommended by me.

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow... insane! I thought it was a joke!!! Going to empty the neighbor kids sandbox and take it to the bank. That lil guy never plays with it anyway
Make sure you filter out the cat poop first! LOL!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I knew that one... wasn't it leftover wood chunks used to make the tops on the Model-T. Really smart guy. Used to love walking around the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit when I was doing research for my business at the Benson-Ford library there. Cool place. The train ride and the Model-T rides are highly recommended by me.
And also heating metal for Model A frames plus their roofs.

Ford Bronco Now Windshield hold after chip hold? Anyone else hear this? 20210530_000846

I've not built a car so old myself, but have a few frames with VIN'S which is tough enough to get.

OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And also heating metal for Model A frames plus their roofs.

Ford Bronco Now Windshield hold after chip hold? Anyone else hear this? 20210530_000846

I've not built a car so old myself, but have a few frames with VIN'S which is tough enough to get.

Cool car! I have and restored myself a 1941 Ford GP precursor to the Willys MB or Ford GPW WWII jeep. There was a lot of wood used to stiffen the body in them. Even the bumpers on the later GPW. All the hat channels where the wood was there just rusted. My replacement panels have the wood back in there. I soaked it in some thinned epoxy in hopes it won't soak up a bunch of water and rot away for the next generation. Would love to do a Model-T or Model-A someday. Been busy building a boat lately tho!

My GP

Ford Bronco Now Windshield hold after chip hold? Anyone else hear this? IMG_1144.JPG

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was an Ice Mountain victim of the infamous 12/6 group. I was told after delivery that the holdup was a broken windshield at MAP and a cracked fender molding.

OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was an Ice Mountain victim of the infamous 12/6 group. I was told after delivery that the holdup was a broken windshield at MAP and a cracked fender molding.
Crazy... I was pushed from 1/17 to 1/24 another seemingly infamous group. I feel feel bad for you, and glad that your wait is over!

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My take was that the effort required to move these from storage to customer was much greater than they thought. Probably understaffed, under-organized. I doubt it has been fixed.
My advice is try to find a way to spend your time focusing on another area of your life for a bit. I decided to work at some skills consciously instead of following the forums. It showed up a couple weeks later.
Good luck!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most of what I propagate is that things suck right now for the entire methodology of globally sourced JIT manufacturing across all brands. There is and has always been a massive risk with this system but only now has it come to bear. That, somehow, this forum focuses that to be "Ford sucks!" seems a gross simplification and that attitude is about as helpful as taste buds on your butthole.

Soooooooo, there's not much you can do about it. And the human aspect is likely to be a ton of burnt out employees scrambling every day to do their job (while the managers and executives get bonuses and nice vacations).

But I get it, every time I point out these realities of the world I get told by people on this forum that I, nor anyone else has any right to "defend Ford". (even though it's not to Ford's defense)

I've been told by people on this forum that the sand shortage is also Ford's fault.
I wouldn’t take it personal. Whether you’re defending ford or blaming ford, someone’s panties will be all in a bunch and pounce. The dirt mountain, ice mountain, and day 1 reservation crowd hasn’t faired any better.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wouldn’t take it personal. Whether you’re defending ford or blaming ford, someone’s panties will be all in a bunch and pounce. The dirt mountain, ice mountain, and day 1 reservation crowd hasn’t faired any better.
Those bastards have VIN's. Grass is always greener!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of what I propagate is that things suck right now for the entire methodology of globally sourced JIT manufacturing across all brands. There is and has always been a massive risk with this system but only now has it come to bear. That, somehow, this forum focuses that to be "Ford sucks!" seems a gross simplification and that attitude is about as helpful as taste buds on your butthole.

Soooooooo, there's not much you can do about it. And the human aspect is likely to be a ton of burnt out employees scrambling every day to do their job (while the managers and executives get bonuses and nice vacations).

But I get it, every time I point out these realities of the world I get told by people on this forum that I, nor anyone else has any right to "defend Ford". (even though it's not to Ford's defense)

I've been told by people on this forum that the sand shortage is also Ford's fault.
You spoiled celebrities just don't get it. (jk) Ford needs to make this right , they keep lying to me. if they don't stop & deliver my Bronco soon My mom's going to call them :sneaky:

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 Cooper S 85 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems like the folks who complain about the people complaining just scan the threads waiting to see someone complaining so they can jump on and complain about it. If a reservation holder complains about Ford in the woods and somebody who doesn’t like complaining isn’t there to complain about it…..

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool car! I have and restored myself a 1941 Ford GP precursor to the Willys MB or Ford GPW WWII jeep. There was a lot of wood used to stiffen the body in them. Even the bumpers on the later GPW. All the hat channels where the wood was there just rusted. My replacement panels have the wood back in there. I soaked it in some thinned epoxy in hopes it won't soak up a bunch of water and rot away for the next generation. Would love to do a Model-T or Model-A someday. Been busy building a boat lately tho!

My GP

Ford Bronco Now Windshield hold after chip hold? Anyone else hear this? IMG_1144.JPG
Nice “JEEP”! Full floaters on the rear!
Sponsored