Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's not really "Chip" shortage. That's the end stage. Its actually micro component shortage and its affecting everything from security systems, cameras, appliances, stereos to cars, boats, and jet engines. All manufacturers in almost all industries are being affected. Take a walk into your local Best Buy and you'll notice lots of empty shelves (or if they hide it well, a large shelf with 1-2 items spread out to cover empty space).

And all of this is complicated by the logistics problems the country and world are facing.

The delay does suck, but the only other option was not to launch the Bronco at all or only let 300 people a month pre-order. Neither of which would have been any better.
Sponsored

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wonder if the chip delay is just 2.7s. Someone posted that 2.7s are on hold, but that was a "my dealer said"

I have also noticed a lot of 2.3 being scheduled in February
The 2.7s are having numerous engine failures aren't they? That would explain the hold on the 2.7s which is why I when I do order I'm going to go for the 2.3

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wife and I were at six different dealerships on Saturday, none of them Ford, looking to test drive a variety of new sedans as we get closer to replacing her bmw. Toyota, Lexus, Infinity, Honda, Mercedes…none of them had a new sedan of the type we wanted to drive, and all of them said an order would be 4-6 months out minimum, no guarantees. The big Lexus dealer had only two new vehicles on their lot. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s not just Ford Broncos, it’s everyone.
I'm seeing the same thing here on Long Island. It is what it is.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford's long-standing argument against communication is your dealer is supposed to communicate with you on your specific order. Which... honestly... I can't argue with. Technically we are our dealer's customers and not Ford's customers.

The problem with that is most dealers seem to have zero idea what communication and customer service is. And somehow, most dealers are even worse at providing information than Ford is. If you don't constantly bother them, complete radio silence.
Another reason the system has to change.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked mine up last night and financing guy mentioned that the chips for auto start/stop are a thing right now as far as getting them. First I've heard anything so specific, take with a grain of salt etc
Absolutely take anything the F&I guy tells you with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another reason the system has to change.
Let me throw this out - called ford support line for the first time - got through in 3 rings! My person stated that they had just received an email stating MIC’s for both 2 and 4 doors remain “constrained” and that Wildtraks and Badlands are not being produced in the short term. Also, there are are other unspecified “material shortages” (in context apparently separate from MIC’s) plaguing both 2 and 4 door. She read the email to me - poorly constructed and lacking clarity - on that we both agreed. If you are looking for more detail or proof, it does not exist, ask your dealer for a copy of the email - please don’t piss on my leg.

MrBud

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mdahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima 2009- Maxi pad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just spoke to the bronco support team. Lady verified my bronco has been waiting on a chip since December. Unsure
Your dealer is wrong. FORD already stated in the early stages of production that they purchased enough chips to meet the production of the reservations role out. The delays have been Covid -19 related and MIC issues but chips are not one of them.
I contacted Ford as well. They said mine was waiting on chips. Been waiting since 12/16

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtraks and Badlands are not being produced in the short term.
😬

Silver lining is the source of the info (Ford) hasn't been at all reliable during this launch.

Sponsored

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to go the used shit that I don't want route myself. I bought a 2019 VW Jetta with a low monthly payment just to get me by until my Bronco eventually gets here. I plan on trading it in when the Bronco does make it. Maybe you can go this route?
I just sold my F150 on Sunday to a friend.....Monday we learned about these delays 🤦🏼‍♂️

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just sold my F150 on Sunday to a friend.....Monday we learned about these delays 🤦🏼‍♂️
No one should sell their vehicle until their Bronco is parked in front of their own eyes, just to many things can and will go wrong with Ford delivers.

David1912

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully the base model will slip thru, maybe less chips
I have a vanilla Base, 2dr, auto, 2.3...... Blend date 1/15...'in production' on 1/17.....estimated delivery still showing at 2/7......but Ford site not showing its built.....and, modules show as being populated.....no updates in 9 days now....can't figure it out.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one should sell their vehicle until their Bronco is parked in front of their own eyes, just to many things can and will go wrong with Ford delivers.
Right you are. What's that saying? "A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush." I probably screwed that up, but I agree. Don't make a move with your current vehicle until you actually take delivery of your Bronco.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a vanilla Base, 2dr, auto, 2.3...... Blend date 1/15...'in production' on 1/17.....estimated delivery still showing at 2/7......but Ford site not showing its built.....and, modules show as being populated.....no updates in 9 days now....can't figure it out.
From what I can tell from the tracking sheets and 1/17 build week thread there is not a single person that has had their status move from in production to built or shipped. Apparently this was the case for the most part regarding the 1/10 group as well…..even though deliveries were made without status updates.
Sponsored