Sponsored

Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying buying a bike or bike parts, it’s even worse. As far as I have seen or heard, really only Toyota kept their suppliers and supplies on line. They have a long history of being good partners to suppliers. Most others, not so much.
Although the Toyota lots are fairly empty too. My wife and I are waiting on her new 4Runner Limited to come in. Couldn’t find one on a lot anywhere. Had one coming in and before we could answer yes/no- another dealer secured it. We’re supposed to get one next week. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so glad that someone revived this thread.

@Rick Astley Is it safe to blame Ford now? Just curious...

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm so glad that someone revived this thread.

@Rick Astley Is it safe to blame Ford now? Just curious...
Guess the point was missed?

Ford isn't the only company incapable of building/delivering vehicles right now.

Stellantis can't make Jeep parts aside from making new rigs with their labor-union-guaranteed over-production that has since dried up (evidenced by back-orders of 65+ days which are re-set monthly at body shops), I'd challenge you to get a custom order in for a 4-runner or Tacoma (their order banks are now officially closed and they have a 6-month back-log of rigs they can't start production on due to commodity issues.

So, sure, hate on Ford for being in the same boat as the other OEM's. But they aren't in any different boat and they had a vendor drop the ball so they are stepping in and spending gobs more to try and solve the problem.

Sure wish they just pushed out a crappy product and let the warranty process sort it out over the next decade.... Like GM and the generation of vehicles they chose not to use primer on, or killing people with ignition modules you knew were dangerous for a decade and skirt your liability by entering into a shell-game 3-day bankruptcy while the fat cats on top deploy the taxpayer funded golden parachutes....

But I get it, this is an incredibly isolated case and Ford is 100% singularly responsible for everything.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Grab the pitchforks, it turns out that Ford is to blame!!!!

Toyota is cutting production by 40%, now this has to be Ford's fault, they lost me, they lied to me, they let me down....

https://jalopnik.com/huge-factory-shut-downs-at-toyota-over-covid-1847516942

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! boo-boo-this-man[1]

Now, taking this logic to it's eventual end, we find.... Ford weighs the same as a log of wood, which weighs the same as a duck and therefore, Ford is......

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! monty-python-holy-grail-and-the-flying-circus-john-cleese[1]

I love this new learning!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess the point was missed?

Ford isn't the only company incapable of building/delivering vehicles right now.

Stellantis can't make Jeep parts aside from making new rigs with their labor-union-guaranteed over-production that has since dried up (evidenced by back-orders of 65+ days which are re-set monthly at body shops), I'd challenge you to get a custom order in for a 4-runner or Tacoma (their order banks are now officially closed and they have a 6-month back-log of rigs they can't start production on due to commodity issues.

So, sure, hate on Ford for being in the same boat as the other OEM's. But they aren't in any different boat and they had a vendor drop the ball so they are stepping in and spending gobs more to try and solve the problem.

Sure wish they just pushed out a crappy product and let the warranty process sort it out over the next decade.... Like GM and the generation of vehicles they chose not to use primer on, or killing people with ignition modules you knew were dangerous for a decade and skirt your liability by entering into a shell-game 3-day bankruptcy while the fat cats on top deploy the taxpayer funded golden parachutes....

But I get it, this is an incredibly isolated case and Ford is 100% singularly responsible for everything.
No I got the point, I and I understand that there are global shortages, try and buy a 5 gallon bucket of paint right now....

That being said, the dirt mountain Broncos as well as those of us that have VINs and have been pushed back 4 times, that is 100% Ford's fault. Bad engineering.

My whole point is maybe give people a break for being upset. It was on Ford and they absolutely made it worse by taking weeks and weeks to communicate that there even was a problem.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"There is a difference with supply chain shortages and delays and bad product that they just can’t right (MIC tops)." - dubsilk

👍

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No I got the point, I and I understand that there are global shortages, try and buy a 5 gallon bucket of paint right now....

That being said, the dirt mountain Broncos as well as those of us that have VINs and have been pushed back 4 times, that is 100% Ford's fault. Bad engineering.

My whole point is maybe give people a break for being upset. It was on Ford and they absolutely made it worse by taking weeks and weeks to communicate that there even was a problem.
If I can't buy that 5 gallon bucket of paint because there is A. no paint or B. no bucket (or C. both), do I blame the paint manufacturer, the bucket manufacturer or the retailer i'm standing at for being out of inventory?

Ford could have (could have) engineered the best roof since the invention of blacking out face-down under an RV during a NASCAR race and Webasto still makes the junk they were making and screws the pooch. Still on Ford, I get it, it's their vendor contract. And we'll never know if it was engineered well.

The overwhelmingly negative and unawares comments on these here digital pages need to be tempered as their ferocity and frequency were getting closer to pitchforks and strongly-worded emails than they were disappointment and situational awareness. There's a big break given when there's a valid debate that doesn't start and end with "Ford broke their personal promise to me"....

That it took weeks to assess the scope and breadth of the issue seems.... Like how engineering works in the real world, actually.

It took the IRS over 12 months to push back a filing deadline as they assessed the situation that could have been common-sensed up in about 15 minutes.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I can't buy that 5 gallon bucket of paint because there is A. no paint or B. no bucket (or C. both), do I blame the paint manufacturer, the bucket manufacturer or the retailer i'm standing at for being out of inventory?

Ford could have (could have) engineered the best roof since the invention of blacking out face-down under an RV during a NASCAR race and Webasto still makes the junk they were making and screws the pooch. Still on Ford, I get it, it's their vendor contract. And we'll never know if it was engineered well.

The overwhelmingly negative and unawares comments on these here digital pages need to be tempered as their ferocity and frequency were getting closer to pitchforks and strongly-worded emails than they were disappointment and situational awareness. There's a big break given when there's a valid debate that doesn't start and end with "Ford broke their personal promise to me"....

That it took weeks to assess the scope and breadth of the issue seems.... Like how engineering works in the real world, actually.

It took the IRS over 12 months to push back a filing deadline as they assessed the situation that could have been common-sensed up in about 15 minutes.
I get it, I do. We had a VFD go out in one of our automated fabrication machines and the manufacturer was telling us there is a 26 lead time on a replacement (because of microchips). The global manufacturing supply chain is a complete dumpster fire right now. Yes Ford has supply issues.

The thing is the main delay on the Broncos didn't turn out to be a supply issue, it was more of a design issue. That being said, my whole complaint is that Ford should learn how to effectively communicate. I think that would have tempered down the "chasing with pitchforks" comments.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grab the pitchforks, it turns out that Ford is to blame!!!!

Toyota is cutting production by 40%, now this has to be Ford's fault, they lost me, they lied to me, they let me down....

https://jalopnik.com/huge-factory-shut-downs-at-toyota-over-covid-1847516942

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! monty-python-holy-grail-and-the-flying-circus-john-cleese[1]

Now, taking this logic to it's eventual end, we find.... Ford weighs the same as a log of wood, which weighs the same as a duck and therefore, Ford is......

I love this new learning!
Unfortunately most can't see the first thru the trees...

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know of no other companies with major delays due to bad tops.................

Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.
I hate to tell you but the lauch of the Corvette was far from perfect. First of all, the strike hit before the Covid stuff. Delays on the convertible right from the start. Why? Because Webasto makes their convertible tops. There are 700+ Vettes nationwide right now. My local chevy dealer in Scottsdale AZ charges $30K markup on every one, and they are gone within days.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hate to tell you but the lauch of the Corvette was far from perfect. First of all, the strike hit before the Covid stuff. Delays on the convertible right from the start. Why? Because Webasto makes their convertible tops. There are 700+ Vettes nationwide right now. My local chevy dealer in Scottsdale AZ charges $30K markup on every one, and they are gone within days.

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! that-was-sarcasm-sarcastic[1]

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In reading the comments and chatter on here over the past year from the best and brightest, you all had convinced me that the only company incompetent enough to not be running full speed was Ford.

Yet it seems perhaps other companies are incompetent as well?

Three GM plants making their heavy duty trucks, and light duty trucks will go silent. They have also de-contented vehicles just to put something on the lot to sell because of parts and chip shortages.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/08/general-motors-halts-pickup-truck-production-again/

On top of that, a friend who owns a body shop has 3 (Three!) Rubicons that all need driveline components but every part from FCA is back-ordered 45-65 days (as an estimate, he is not confident those parts will actually arrive within 65 days).

I mean, what is happening in the world of globally sourced, JIT inventory mass manufacturing? Did all these companies poach Ford executives just to jump on the "incompetent bandwagon"? I dunno ladies and gents. This might indicate that there's greater issues at hand than just Webasto in the world.

Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.
Well while keeping my unscheduled Bronco order that was originally reserved well over a year ago, I ordered a Land Rover Defender at the end of June 2021. Hearing lots of grumblings on delays across the industry, I expected quite a delay. But I immediately received a build schedule for end of August. Then two weeks ago, dealer informed me that my Defender had been built early and is supposed to arrive in a month or so from their Slovakian plant. Now I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but based on the communication I have received (which alone is refreshing compared to Ford) it appears that Land Rover is been doing something right. Defenders are Land Rover's hottest vehicle across the world right now and are taking up most of their production.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs