Mini Sub Install

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice! I installed an Infinity Basslink Mini in mine to enhance the sound and add some bass and I am impressed, it is shoebox size. It is in the cargo area.

0E138A36-090F-4F2B-91A6-2BF91C1864CE.jpeg
Sponsored

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Velocity Blue Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just had to give this thread a bump because I was inspired to give this sub a try after reading through this thread. The sub, combined with new 4" dash speakers is just night and day different from the stock system, and in my opinion, all most people need (I doubt I am going to touch the 6.5s, and the only reason I'd do anything with the rears is for the sake of my kids who ride in back, but at 5 and 7, they aren't complaining).

I think if you need a bigger sub, you already know who you are and are willing to concede some cargo space. It was important to me to maintain all the cargo space I could. I was very pleasantly surprised just how much bass this unit puts out and haven't experienced any distortion at listening levels higher than I'd want to sustain. Super happy with the upgrade. Wiring it up took me way longer than anticipated. I got mine from Walmart for $170, might be worth a look if anyone is considering this route. Walmart Link

OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good question. I dont see any issue with splicing the speaker inputs between the two units. I think the only concern would be the power draw. Since these things are designed to be able to tap right off the fuse box, I think it may be better to go straight off the battery if you are running two so there's no risk of blowing fuses.

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tapped my kick panels for the same sub using this guide. Everything was working fine, go out the next day, and the right side kick/dash are not playing.

Checked my taps, and it looked like one on the right side might've pulled out, so I went ahead and redid the tap, but still no sound on the right side. I even removed the taps off the right side and disconnected the powered sub thinking maybe somehow it was interfering, but still no sound in that right front. I am at a loss as to what else to check that would only cause a loss of sound to the right front.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored
OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you completely remove the mini sub from the circuit? There should really only be three issues that would cause this: Blown speakers (doubtful since both are not working), a wiring continuity issue, or the head unit output failed. I believe the input to the kick and dash speakers runs to the kick and then taps off to the dash. So there is a possibility there is a continuity issue with the speaker wiring there particularly if you tapped off upstream of the split to the dash speaker. If you removed the taps and reconnected the right side speaker wires directly, I would just double check all of your connections are good to remove the discontinuity as a potential. Was the sub still working even though the speakers weren't? That would indicate the head unit output was still functioning. I know it would be a pain but if you can swap the left kick to the right or pick up a cheap one you could test to make sure its not the speakers themselves, but I doubt that's the issue...

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you completely remove the mini sub from the circuit? There should really only be three issues that would cause this: Blown speakers (doubtful since both are not working), a wiring continuity issue, or the head unit output failed. I believe the input to the kick and dash speakers runs to the kick and then taps off to the dash. So there is a possibility there is a continuity issue with the speaker wiring there particularly if you tapped off upstream of the split to the dash speaker. If you removed the taps and reconnected the right side speaker wires directly, I would just double check all of your connections are good to remove the discontinuity as a potential. Was the sub still working even though the speakers weren't? That would indicate the head unit output was still functioning. I know it would be a pain but if you can swap the left kick to the right or pick up a cheap one you could test to make sure its not the speakers themselves, but I doubt that's the issue...
I feel like a tool. I found the issue. Went back out a second ago and checked continuity again across my harness and wires. I have a aftermarket adapter going from factory to the mids and it has 2 "clicks" to seat. Apparently I was only doing the first click, so I wasn't actually getting a connection when it was connected. I just assumed up till now the first click was seated. meh.

Thanks

OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! Glad to hear you're up an running again

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome! Glad to hear you're up an running again
What kind of damn harness has a 2 click seat? Thats dumb, lol Ahh well, appreciate the response.

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can easily run speaker wire from the passenger kick panel to the other side by following the lining of the floor upholstery up near where your feet would be placed while seated.

You can tuck the wire underthe lining, continue towards the driver side until you hit the lower center console. There is a small gap there where you can push the wire through to the other side. This may require a few attempts to get it through, a flashlight definitely helps.

When you do end up on the other side, just follow the floor upholstery lining over to the driver side kick panel, and route through there the rest of the way.

I’ll put up a pic for reference when I can take one.
Any way we can get that pic? I'm struggling to see how/where I can run the wires. I have a Black Diamond, so the washout floors are a bit of a challenge. Maybe a pic will help me get creative. Thanks!

Sponsored

RG Bronco 2022

Badlands
First Name
Ruseell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had to give this thread a bump because I was inspired to give this sub a try after reading through this thread. The sub, combined with new 4" dash speakers is just night and day different from the stock system, and in my opinion, all most people need (I doubt I am going to touch the 6.5s, and the only reason I'd do anything with the rears is for the sake of my kids who ride in back, but at 5 and 7, they aren't complaining).

I think if you need a bigger sub, you already know who you are and are willing to concede some cargo space. It was important to me to maintain all the cargo space I could. I was very pleasantly surprised just how much bass this unit puts out and haven't experienced any distortion at listening levels higher than I'd want to sustain. Super happy with the upgrade. Wiring it up took me way longer than anticipated. I got mine from Walmart for $170, might be worth a look if anyone is considering this route. Walmart Link
I installed this sub the weekend. Makes a huge difference!! Just what I needed to fill in below 300hz bass where the factory speakers had nothing. My opinion is only one of these is needed. I installed under back seat in a manner I can remove it easily if I need to fold the seat down by just unplugging the connector and setting it aside. Now don’t have to turn radio up past 15. I was amazed of the difference it made. I didn’t want to shake the windows or have the cars next to me hear my music. I just wanted to hear music as it was recorded in full sound range and this did the trick.

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally got this sub installed, and it's great for what it is (and just what I'm looking for). Where are you setting the frequency and gain? I'm struggling a bit to get the sound just right, and looking for a little guidance.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed this sub the weekend. Makes a huge difference!! Just what I needed to fill in below 300hz bass where the factory speakers had nothing. My opinion is only one of these is needed. I installed under back seat in a manner I can remove it easily if I need to fold the seat down by just unplugging the connector and setting it aside. Now don’t have to turn radio up past 15. I was amazed of the difference it made. I didn’t want to shake the windows or have the cars next to me hear my music. I just wanted to hear music as it was recorded in full sound range and this did the trick.
Can you post some pics please of your install under the back seat? I’m thinking about the same setup. Thank you.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going to do this install this weekend. Can somebody link to the correct fuse tap adapters for the slots in the video? Confused on which ones to buy. Thanks!
Sponsored