Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want snap on soft doors, so I can leave my doors off all summer and still use it as my daily driver when it's raining.

DBOU

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As with many folks on B6G, I love looking for that next modification for my Bronco. Thankfully the aftermarket world has come up with lots of amazing accessories, but it got me thinking: What's missing? What are some items that you'd like to see as an interior or exterior modification/accessory that nobody is currently making? This could be a completely new idea, or a rendition of something already on the market that doesn't 100% suite your needs. There may be some ideas posted which are on the market that you haven't seen, which I'm sure someone will share a link to in order to help you out.

Hoping we come up with some good ones, as there's lots of great vendors on B6G who may be watching this for ideas.

I'll get us started:

I feel like the trail sights on the front of the Bronco are under-utilized. Yes, there's some aftermarket accessories available, but not a lot. Maybe a GoPro camera mount or some additional AUX light options would be cool. Even something silly like a small detachable table which could be helpful while camping and standing around the Bronco.

Let's hear your ideas!
Rear suspension options for Broncos WITH SASQUATCH PACKAGE (coils, springs, air bags, etc).

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish there was something that could help line the doors up better when putting them back on, or maybe something that could be added to the hinge. I hope i'm not the only one that struggles with this, but I am constantly knicking the edge of my doors up every time I try to line them up to re-install.
Are you using the alignment pin that Ford gives you? It looks like a little top and you screw it into the bottom hinge. Then, once you get it aligned, put the top bolt it, unscrew the alignment pin, put the bottom bolt in, done.

I'd imagine without the alignment pin, getting the doors back on would be hell. With the pin, it's super easy.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front hitch receiver.
+1 I had this on my Wrangler and it was super useful. It should be nicely integrated visually.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OEM options integration kits like the one infotainment created for the 8 to 12 inch screen upgrade, but for ACC, Lane keep, 360 cameras, etc.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May have been mentioned already but old school half doors for when the top is off, simple and light weight. Not tube doors but old school half doors. Maybe they make them but I haven't seen them yet.

half door.jpg

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OEM options integration kits like the one infotainment created for the 8 to 12 inch screen upgrade, but for ACC, Lane keep, 360 cameras, etc.
Realistically you'd just be paying an extra $500 to have someone put all the OEM Ford parts in a box with a proprietary programmer. Maybe the bonus of some premade wiring harnesses. But anything they could make a kit for, you could do yourself with Forscan and a wire crimper almost as easily.

Lane-keeping should be super easy -- swap the steering wheel buttons, enable it in Forscan. The ADAS camera is the same as higher trims.
ACC is a little more involved, but still easy. Radar, bracket, wiring, steering wheel buttons, Forscan. Maverick and F150 owners do it all the time, maybe $600 in parts.
360 Camera would be a bear regardless of DIY or premade-kit. It'd at least be a little better on the Bronco since the mirrors aren't on the doors, but still swapping a lot of components and adding an image processing module.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Realistically you'd just be paying an extra $500 to have someone put all the OEM Ford parts in a box with a proprietary programmer. Maybe the bonus of some premade wiring harnesses. But anything they could make a kit for, you could do yourself with Forscan and a wire crimper almost as easily.

Lane-keeping should be super easy -- swap the steering wheel buttons, enable it in Forscan. The ADAS camera is the same as higher trims.
ACC is a little more involved, but still easy. Radar, bracket, wiring, steering wheel buttons, Forscan. Maverick and F150 owners do it all the time, maybe $600 in parts.
360 Camera would be a bear regardless of DIY or premade-kit. It'd at least be a little better on the Bronco since the mirrors aren't on the doors, but still swapping a lot of components and adding an image processing module.
I understand, but I'm not as proficient as the genius guy that figured out rain sensing wipers for the Bronco ;) . I can make changes in Forscan and install the sensors but someone has to do it first for me to copy it.

I have the steering wheel buttons (replaced the base steering wheel with a Wildtrack one, hey if someone knows hows to add the heated steering function!), but I was told lane keeping requires the blind spot sensors.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the steering wheel buttons (replaced the base steering wheel with a Wildtrack one, hey if someone knows hows to add the heated steering function!), but I was told lane keeping requires the blind spot sensors.
Heated steering wheel would require swapping the entire wheel again ;)
Lanekeeping does not require the BLIS radar. Ford generally bundles the two together as Co-Pilot package features, but they're only codependent on vehicles with BlueCruise. If you set all the correct parameters in Forscan, lanekeeping should work. I had a buddy who wanted to do this on his Base; I should email him and see if he ever dug into it (unless you're him..... 🤨 Did I ever ship you a lanekeeping retrofit kit for a Flex?)

I can submit the E350 and Transit as evidence -- E350 has available lanekeeping but not BLIS. Transit has lanekeeping as standard equipment, BLIS as optional.

For some dumb reason, every single parts site lists the BLIS radar under the "Lane Departure Warning" category, which can cause confusion.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be stupid but I wish somebody made a one piece mat to cover the rear area and the back of the back seats when folded down all the ones out there have a seam between the two rear seats and another seam where the seats meet the rear area I had to cut and shape my own out of a truck bed mat, reason is for hunting season with my dogs all full of muck all that muck would go down the seams on the seat bottoms
I have a cargo area liner from Dirty Dog 4x4 that works real well for me. They make one that covers the whole back area with the rear seats down as well.

http://store.dirtydog4x4.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_151&product_id=641

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base