BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back with an update. Reinstalled my rear panel temporarily. It seems that the key fob antenna is hitting the stealthbox and preventing the panel from fully seating in the rear. When I do some other work in the area I will take the panel off and do something about the antenna interference, it seems like it needs to be shifted back about a 1/2" or so from it's original position. I was able to move it about a 1/4" using the original bracket and redrilling holes, but it's not enough.

Here is a photo of the corner interference I was having.
Outside panel
Ford Bronco mObridge amp in non-B&O system - HD Radio Retrofit 20231111_174657872_iOS

Inside panel
Ford Bronco mObridge amp in non-B&O system - HD Radio Retrofit 20231111_174716894_iOS

I was able to slightly shift the amp by drilling a shallow hole for the nutsert protusion to go into, I didn't have a drill bit large enough on it's own so I just drilled some overlapping holes which also gave me a bit of room to move the amp around for test fitting. I had some left over speaker ring foam from Resonix so I stuck it behind the amp - this significantly reduced the rattling I was hearing from the sub area.

Ford Bronco mObridge amp in non-B&O system - HD Radio Retrofit 1703010260942

Finally, I was able to get my SiriusXM and Nav functionality back. I had to swap the ACM again - I'm not sure if the one I had was defective or simply missing the functionality (but had the connections for the sat antenna). I suspect the former. Either way, I bought an ACM from a 2021 F-150 (ML3T-18K810-FEE) and it worked instantly.
Sponsored