First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking of adding 2 sundown audio x6.5 subwoofers underneath the second row seats. I'd run 600wts to them.
Sponsored

Tsdragon

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used my AUX switch #6 for my remote wire, that way i can turn off the "extra" bass when necessary, without having to have a separate bass control knob. If you haven't wired any of your AUX switches yet, it's pretty easy. The hardest part is the glove box... the wires aren't long enough so getting both hands into the small space to splice them together was tough.
Can you explain this. I bought an amp and sub and my only question is what I need for the remote wire to connect to the amp.

Last edited:

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking of adding 2 sundown audio x6.5 subwoofers underneath the second row seats. I'd run 600wts to them.
Fyi, I don't believe you will be able to fold the seats forward with anything under the rear seat.

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you explain this. I bought an amp and sub and my only question is what I need for the remote wire to connect to the amp.
Are you using speaker level inputs to the amp? If so, most amps will turn on with this signal. No need to run a remote turn on to the amp.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking of adding 2 sundown audio x6.5 subwoofers underneath the second-row seats. I'd run 600wts to them.
I like this idea. I will only be folding the seats down once a year at most. Let me know how it works. I've got the factory B&O system but am planning on upgrading most or all of it. I was thinking of a shallow mount like this one under the rear seat or in the cargo area with a quick disconnect if it won't fit under the seat. It only needs .5 cubic feet in a sealed configuration.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer & Amp Install in B&O System (OuterBanks/LUX/Sasq/B&O/4dr) - Writeup DIY Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 8.21.44 AM

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had shallow mount subs before and they don't sound very good. I had 2 6.5s in my superduty and it was amazing. I will very rarely fold my seats down as well.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can someone send me a picture of the gray plug that plugs into the BNO amplifier unplug it and show me the front and back pictures as I might have this plug and may be able to Offer a plug and play harness to add a sub amplifier to the B&O system

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone send me a picture of the gray plug that plugs into the BNO amplifier unplug it and show me the front and back pictures as I might have this plug and may be able to Offer a plug and play harness to add a sub amplifier to the B&O system
Get this man pictures stat!!!!!

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both plugs are black on mine. Do you need the smaller or larger harness?

Sponsored

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get this man pictures stat!!!!!
Disregard this message as this is a different BNO amp for this vehicle and I do not have the plugs for it there should be an interface coming out in the next month or so I will start carrying it once it’s released

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there an adapter if I just want to swap the B&O sub with another sub and use the existing vehicle harness?

Similar to the adapters used for the 4 inch speakers?

Follow-up question. I just need to connect 1 positive and 1 negative wire and then use bridging wires, is that right?

I wish there was a thread dedicated to people who ripped everything out and realized they don't know what they're doing

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there an adapter if I just want to swap the B&O sub with another sub and use the existing vehicle harness?

Similar to the adapters used for the 4 inch speakers?

Follow-up question. I just need to connect 1 positive and 1 negative wire and then use bridging wires, is that right?

I wish there was a thread dedicated to people who ripped everything out and realized they don't know what they're doing
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-have-picture-of-the-b-o-sub-harness.40760/post-1352611

Area 51 Manley

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Zen A2B unit may work with that. I believe the firmware for the F150, works with the Ranger - so it may work on the Bronco. I cant imagine the bus for A2B is THAT different across ford models. That wouldn't make much sense.

My old truck I used the A2B unit. It has TOSLINK out, so I could go into a JL VXi 5 channel amp with just a single wire. IDatalink makes a speaker harness that plugs into the speaker out harness that goes FROM the ford B&O amp. Usually integrating into premium systems is a pain but B&O is super easy. All you really need to run is power/ground battery.

My problem with the B&O sub, is the signal going to the sub is quite a bit altered. Probably fine for what you are doing. You said it sounds great so thats all that matters!.

I went simple on this. I dont have B&O so I just made a harness to intercept and ran to a Fosgate amp I have under the seat.

Car stereo stuff is fun.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer & Amp Install in B&O System (OuterBanks/LUX/Sasq/B&O/4dr) - Writeup DIY Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 8.21.44 AM

I built an enclosure which sounds great but takes up too much room.

So I replaced with one of those removable Kicker Tubbies.
Did the custom box or the Kicker tube sound better? I want to add a sub and can‘t decide what to do?

Area 51 Manley

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Zen A2B unit may work with that. I believe the firmware for the F150, works with the Ranger - so it may work on the Bronco. I cant imagine the bus for A2B is THAT different across ford models. That wouldn't make much sense.

My old truck I used the A2B unit. It has TOSLINK out, so I could go into a JL VXi 5 channel amp with just a single wire. IDatalink makes a speaker harness that plugs into the speaker out harness that goes FROM the ford B&O amp. Usually integrating into premium systems is a pain but B&O is super easy. All you really need to run is power/ground battery.

My problem with the B&O sub, is the signal going to the sub is quite a bit altered. Probably fine for what you are doing. You said it sounds great so thats all that matters!.

I went simple on this. I dont have B&O so I just made a harness to intercept and ran to a Fosgate amp I have under the seat.

Car stereo stuff is fun.

Car stereo stuff is fun.

Did the box or tube sound better?
Sponsored