First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just completed adding OEM aux switches to my BB!

First to head off potential questions:
1. Why didn't you just get them from the factory? - Because I am a moron and didn't do the proper research
2. Why not just replace everything per this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...talled-diy-writeup-instructions-photos.35388/ - See #1 lol, Seriously though I was really not keen on replacing the fuse box and having to deal with the DTC code that might be thrown in the background or that I would screw something up and brick my Bronco. This way the aux switches are totally "out of band" on OEM harnesses, etc.

I already had a Auxbeam box and buttons but I really wanted the Aux switches because they are so satisfying to toggle. I knew they were just switches to activate a relay.

I ended up having to use a generic fuse/relay box on Amazon ($30) because something about either the relays or wiring in the auxbeam didn't work as I expected. Maybe it relied on momentary relays idk. But I did reuse the auxbeam cable they ran through the fire wall and cut the ends off the switch panel and box. The auxbeam had the right amount of cables, 6 for switches and a +/-. After a few hours with a multi-meter I was able to get the pin out of the board on the OEM Aux switch and using a raspberry pi as a power source to test switch illumination. And proceeded to make a harness. I purchased the correct ford OEM harness ($82) for the sole purpose of cutting the aux connector portion off as I couldn't find just the correct end anywhere. I also acquired the overhead console with switches for only $200 on ebay.

To swap out the console I just had to take two screws from the sun visor holder and then the center console pulls down far enough to access the four screws that hold the console in. then run the Auxbeam cable and tucking it in on the pillars and along the top.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk!

Image (1).jpeg

Image-1 (2).jpeg
Sponsored

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s the name of the aux switch unit on the visor? You found that on eBay? Looks great.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"they are so satisfying to toggle"

They're that much more fun when things come on:
1) Air Horn <-- This one especially!
2) A-pillar lights
3) bumper mounted light bar
4) open
5) Oracle grill letters
6) open

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"they are so satisfying to toggle"

They're that much more fun when things come on:
1) Air Horn <-- This one especially!
2) A-pillar lights
3) bumper mounted light bar
4) open
5) Oracle grill letters
6) open
I have been craving a low "friendly horn" option to say hi to other vehicles without blowing out eardrums. Never thought about connecting it to the AUX switches.

I guess I need to order the retrofit parts to install AUX in my BB.

OP
OP
sirius76

sirius76

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s the name of the aux switch unit on the visor? You found that on eBay? Looks great.
It’s the ford oem aux switches. I will post the part number when I find it. It’s pretty common but usually around $350-400

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks
Sponsored