DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now, combine it with a M240B and a soft mount... and we might have something... ;)

man, I like the way you think. My first thought as well.
Sponsored

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Woo woo woo, did I miss some news around the ‘23 MOC top?

plan on ordering the a lighting blue top and then have my MIC wrapped/Painted in piano black. Unless I hit the Lottery and go old school w/ chrome & white.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know if the rear glass on the Mod top was meant to come out too, or just the sides?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if the rear glass on the Mod top was meant to come out too, or just the sides?
It was just the sides. But as someone above mentioned on the parts schematic, there is no weatherstripping part no. which might imply that the removable side windows might have been engineered out.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now, combine it with a M240B and a soft mount... and we might have something... ;)
My wife shooting a friend's M60 at a private shoot:

There was a local guy there with his M240B as well, but she didn't shoot it:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife shooting a friend's M60 at a private shoot:

There was a local guy there with his M240B as well, but she didn't shoot it:

😍 I love me an M60... must have put hundreds of thousands of rounds thru them when I was in a weapons platoon in the Rangers back in the early 90s.

Here are two "pigs" (front and rear) and a Ma Deuce" on one of our old RSOVs (Ranger Special Operations Vehicles). There is a second RSOV behind it with a Mk19.

Ford Bronco MOD Top Clue For MY2023?..... Port Hole Roof Panel Storage Bag Accessory a712362b90170b708a5901f8cb98c61e

Those are Land Rover Defender 110s with a turbo-4 and a 5-speed on pizza cutters. That was some serious off-roading... along with 6 of your buddies in the same rig... lol

<2>

Last edited:

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm definitely game for a gunner's hatch for our ordered 2-door. Guess I shouldn't have sold my transferable Colt M16 in 2015. LOL! I'm giving serious thought to installing IR driving lights when our Bronco arrives so I can drive it at night with my white phosphor nightvision device. LOL!

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm definitely game for a gunner's hatch for our ordered 2-door. Guess I shouldn't have sold my transferable Colt M16 in 2015. LOL! I'm giving serious thought to installing IR driving lights when our Bronco arrives so I can drive it at night with my white phosphor nightvision device. LOL!
No thank you. Had enough time under night optics with no depth perception (PVS-7As with the "skullcrusher" mount) and weak-ass IR lights. Nope. I've graduated to max lumens in old age... lol

Ford Bronco MOD Top Clue For MY2023?..... Port Hole Roof Panel Storage Bag Accessory scan0006
Ford Bronco MOD Top Clue For MY2023?..... Port Hole Roof Panel Storage Bag Accessory Screenshot_20220716-232110_Gallery

Last edited:

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
No thank you. Had enough time under night optics with no depth perception (PVS-7s) and weak-ass IR lights. Nope. I've graduated to max lumens in old age... lol
I bet those things really scooted, and were probably pretty hairy at speed under IR lighting conditions! I currently only have one high-spec PVS-14, so I'd have to invest at least double to get a nice dual optic. And that would mean I'd probably have to give up my high-res thermal riflescope to fund that upgrade. No build date on my Bronco yet, so probably going to be MY23. I've only been waiting 6 months, so I deserve to wait a while longer. LOL!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was just the sides. But as someone above mentioned on the parts schematic, there is no weatherstripping part no. which might imply that the removable side windows might have been engineered out.
From what I remember, only the 4 door MOD top had removable side windows. The 2 door did not which would make sense with that illustration.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet those things really scooted, and were probably pretty hairy at speed under IR lighting conditions! I currently only have one high-spec PVS-14, so I'd have to invest at least double to get a nice dual optic. And that would mean I'd probably have to give up my high-res thermal riflescope to fund that upgrade. No build date on my Bronco yet, so probably going to be MY23. I've only been waiting 6 months, so I deserve to wait a while longer. LOL!
Those were pretty much off-the-shelf Honda XR250s with some utility and performance mods. Eventually replaced those with Rotax 500s after I left the bike team.

It only takes one of your Ranger buddies hitting a closed road gate on a loose gravel road when approaching at 45 mph in pure darkness... to respect the risk. 'Sketchy' only begins to explain it. Can only go hypervigilant like that for short periods before you burn out. I was never looking for even more speed out of my bike, just sayin' ... lol

All of this completely off topic here, of course.. but good stuff. 😎👍