Sponsored

Modular Painted Hard Top - Does anyone really know what they look like?

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, I have been sticking to my guns on waiting for the modular hard top, now because of the delay at least I can get it painted the same as the body color. The main reason besides looks that I have been resistant to change to MIC, is as a soon to be 60 year old (or older by the time I get the Bronco), I am under an assumption that the MOD top is easier to remove with a back row section on the 2 door and that the side windows pop out. This make top removal easier for just one old guy. I have had hard top Jeeps in the past and top removal by yourself was not the easiest without a top winch.

Are there any pictures, drawings, videos of this phantom top out there that any one can share?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
BroncoPls!

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the links, I had the dealer switch the color from black to Iconic Silver to match my body color. I like the removable top panel and windows on the 2-door, but I think I would have been disappointed in how the gloss black looked. Would like to know where the screenshot of the top drawings came from.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get what you like. But if it’s how hard to remove as your primary consideration, The difference in effort required in removing the MIC top vs Painted Mod top will be negligible. I’m fact, reports are the painted mod top is heavier. But if it’s color match, then wait it out.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get what you like. But if it’s how hard to remove as your primary consideration, The difference in effort required in removing the MIC top vs Painted Mod top will be negligible. I’m fact, reports are the painted mod top is heavier. But if it’s color match, then wait it out.
The MOD top may be heavier but since it has more parts they will be individually lighter. Except for maybe the front two panels.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoPls!

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gunner hatch is the main reason I was waiting. Going to be super P**sed if I wait until fall of 22 only to get a nice heavy color painted top with no rear removal hatch!

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounding to me like you might want to just swap to MIC at this point and then see what future options there are for you, waiting 2+ years for a top you might not like would be awful.

(You should be able to update your build with your dealer and you'll keep your pretty early reservation timestamp)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gunner hatch is the main reason I was waiting. Going to be super P**sed if I wait until fall of 22 only to get a nice heavy color painted top with no rear removal hatch!
Digging further it looks like just the shape of it changed. At one point B&P showed two different gunner hatches.
Sponsored