First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stock wheels are 16x7 with 255/70/16s. I've never increased a sidewall on a stock small wheel and would like to know if it would be prudent to move to an LT285/75/16 which equates to a 32.7". That size will make for some big, building sidewalls.

Providing the base doesn't have some physical restriction to cause tire rub, what would one feel compared to stock? All I can imagine is a bit more comfy ride and not much of a difference though slower acceleration via gearing effect. I also want to make sure that this won't somehow cause poor steering or safety in ways I may not know. Yeah, I'm likely over thinking it.

I've considered just going to a more mainstream and tire-available 17x8 size but I'm starting to think I may not need to.
Sponsored

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The stock wheels are 16x7 with 255/70/16s. I've never increased a sidewall on a stock small wheel and would like to know if it would be prudent to move to an LT285/75/16 which equates to a 32.7". That size will make for some big, building sidewalls.

Providing the base doesn't have some physical restriction to cause tire rub, what would one feel compared to stock? All I can imagine is a bit more comfy ride and not much of a difference though slower acceleration via gearing effect. I also want to make sure that this won't somehow cause poor steering or safety in ways I may not know. Yeah, I'm likely over thinking it.

I've considered just going to a more mainstream and tire-available 17x8 size but I'm starting to think I may not need to.

I think I read somewhere here that 32's will fit on a base with no suspension mods...note sure about the extra .7 .....do some searches on here for Base , wheel sizes and you should find it..... I plan on upgrading to 32's.