Sponsored

Most Important Bronco Design Features?

What is the most important design feature for the 6G?

• Total voters

jonford

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What is the most important design features?

As for me just make the Jeep Wrangler JLU, put a V8 engine in it, and slap a Ford Raptor grill on it and I'm buying one.
Sponsored

Bronco 21

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The most important thing I want is overbuilt suspension and chassis. I want to be able to beat on it and not worry about it being delicate. I would at least like 33'' tires, and removable doors would make it heaven on earth for me. Of course, it has to be 4x4. I used to be a die-hard V8 guy, but the Pentatsar V6 paired with a good 5-speed auto in my last Jeep really turned my opinion on that (and I know Ford can beat that setup).

Bronx

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Aside from a good suspension, I like nice size of the tires and wheels too. I'll have a few good options to put on the truck wheels

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where's the solid front axle option? Without that, it'll be just another FJ flop, where you can lift it 2 inches and then it's done. If Ford wants to take on the wrangler for capability, they can do it from the factory with an IFS... but people don't buy wranglers to keep them 'factory'. When the mods come out, the solid axle flexes waaay more than any IFS.

MattyIce

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Solid front axle and factory front and rear locker.

Bronco Logic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 King Ranch, 96 White Sport, 76 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Removable roof, period. Everything else can be added or modded aside from an extra set of doors.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Out of the choices above, the most important feature if Ford wanted to offer something that the Wrangler doesn't have or can get (unless you shell out big $) is a V8 engine. Other than that, the removable roof is absolutely the most important design feature to compete with the Wrangler.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really good point. A V8 would be a great competitive edge to have. Even if it was a very small 8, just having the sound would be awesome.

WWJBD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Audi A8, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...like 5 of these aren’t really design related, they’re more like features. But I voted anyway.

Hopefully 2 or 4 doors, V8 and removal of top and doors makes it in.

I’m sure it will have fords newest digital dash/push to start/keyless etc. when it arrives as well as some big tire/suspension packs.

V8 is unlikely. But we can pray!

WWJBD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Audi A8, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So actually....cool. I just read it will have 2 and 4 door options. Sorry I’m new to the forum. Maybe I’ll read a bit more before posting wishes! LOL.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
So actually....cool. I just read it will have 2 and 4 door options. Sorry I’m new to the forum. Maybe I’ll read a bit more before posting wishes! LOL.
Yea that was probably the best business decision they could have made for the 2020 Bronco. 2-door version to appease the traditionalists and 4-door to appease the rest of the market who actually need the space and utility from having 4 doors.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea that was probably the best business decision they could have made for the 2020 Bronco. 2-door version to appease the traditionalists and 4-door to appease the rest of the market who actually need the space and utility from having 4 doors.
Four doors are good for those who want a bus to commute with and move people (soccer moms). 2 doors with a large empty area in back is more utility for hauling gear and better for off-roading.
Sponsored