David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We don’t have our class C yet, but I’ve been a student of this topic for quite some time in anticipation of the day. I’ve followed other TOAD rigs for miles watching & studying. Some vehicles wag constantly and I wonder if the RV driver even knows. With that preface, I can’t help but wonder if a tad of extra toe-in on the front of the Bronco would help, as well as a few extra PSI in the tires to reduce wiggle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1MtnBronco

1MtnBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 4dr, Sasquatch Package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice coach, I can see why you don’t have any “tail wag” with a large diesel pusher like that.
Brian
Nice is right, I think you could tow my 28' ACE behind that rig without any sway issues... Good luck with your Bronco!

TerryVester

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 Corvette, Jeep Wrangler, Linlcon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We don’t have our class C yet, but I’ve been a student of this topic for quite some time in anticipation of the day. I’ve followed other TOAD rigs for miles watching & studying. Some vehicles wag constantly and I wonder if the RV driver even knows. With that preface, I can’t help but wonder if a tad of extra toe-in on the front of the Bronco would help, as well as a few extra PSI in the tires to reduce wiggle.
My coach has a rear view camera that is always watching my towed vehicle. I check of tracking and anything that looks wrong. Every rest stop I do a walk around and check tow bar and tires.

OP
OP
1MtnBronco

1MtnBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 4dr, Sasquatch Package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the problem solved probably about as good as it can be. Will probably never know what was the greatest success but was not willing to hit the road with the Bronco in tow again without a fighting chance so... 1. Added hitch tighteners to both joints. 2. Replaced the older tow bar with a new Blue Ox Avail. 3. Added; Super Steer Radius Rods to front, Super Steer Sway Bars to front and rear and 4. replaced worn spring bushings in front springs.

Did a test drive with the Bronco in tow but crowded freeways kept us from getting above 60mph however at that speed the control was a solid 8-9 on a 10 scale with previous issue having been a 2-3. Also tied a white rag to the top of Bronco steering wheel and witnessed NO unusual movement at all speeds during the test.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One other non-conventional solution would be to buy a set of OBX take-offs (usually about $500) and save your sasquatch tires for off-roading. Less tendency to move around, less expensive than real off-road tires, improved gas mileage overall towing, etc.

No real downside other than swapping a set of tires for off-roading.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One other non-conventional solution would be to buy a set of OBX take-offs (usually about $500) and save your sasquatch tires for off-roading. Less tendency to move around, less expensive than real off-road tires, improved gas mileage overall towing, etc.

No real downside other than swapping a set of tires for off-roading.
Hmmmm🤔
Sponsored