First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I certainly realize that. The question is how could I be getting that kind of mileage?
My long term average on my Wildtrak is 21.1 using regular unleaded. When I do the calculation at the pump the computer is not off by much. Except when I'm off road or in the desert, I drive with a light foot any try not to use the brakes unless I must for safety.
Sponsored

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
my 2 door gets 18.9.my wife 4 door gets 23.9.Both base sasquatch v6..But the 4 door is lowered on 32s.Yes lowered she has a bad back..

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reset mine at the top of a one mile hill and roll down without pressing the gas, it says I get 75mpgā€™s.

I reset it again, this time going up the same one mile hill, and it says 10 mpgā€™s.

Do you see how neither is an accurate measurement of what mpg I will get after 5000 miles of driving?

Thatā€™s what you did in a less exaggerated way. Thatā€™s whatā€™s up with that.
This is exactly why I saw to always drive downhill only. :cool:

Sgt Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have averaged 21.5 mpg over the past few weeks. Mostly HW miles. 2.3 auto Badlands.
Lifetime average is 20.3.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weā€™re gauging the performance of the vehicle using a single linear mile as the sample. If we use a smaller sample size (1 mile for example), we are capturing the vehicle performance only during that one mile and the result may not be a very accurate representation of the vehicles true performance. As the sample size increases, a smoothing effect happens as variables during different miles (grade/wind/long pedal mashing) offset each other to provide a more accurate indicator of vehicle performance.
Soā€¦25 miles ainā€™t enuf

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m ok with what Iā€™m getting. 4dr sas 2.3/auto Big Bend. Iā€™ve only got 1600 miles on it but no freeway, all city and hilly roads of cascade mountain foothills. Dash says 20 mpg, hand calculated average is 20.1 mpg. Should do a bit better once I throw some freeway miles in there. I stay entirely in ā€œnormalā€ mode.

Itā€™s all about being gentle with the gas pedal.

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently purchased a 2023 WT with 8500 miles on it. The average mpg on the dash said 19.3. I decided to reset it and after a 25 mile round trip it says 22.3. Whatā€™s up with that?
Was your 25 mile round trip, highway miles? If so, that matches mine but I'd have to drive 65 mph to get 22 MPG.

My trip 2 was last set a year ago after my first oil change and that showed around 19.

So both your numbers seem normal when compared to my Bronco.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've gotten up to 22.5 mpg on a longer drive around 58-60 mph with no stops with my base 2 door Sas 2.7 so it's definitely possible. I did that with 87 octane so if your truck has had 93 octane I could see it doing another 1-2 mpg because of that. I'm guessing the previous owner was running 93 to avg over 19 mpg or did a bunch of drives with not many stops.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2023 2 door wild track has 3800 miles now and my average is almost 22 MPG. I do zero city driving as in far from the city. Iā€™m very pleasantly surprised as thatā€™s about what I averaged with my jeep gladiator and wrangler. I couldnā€™t drive this truck if I was getting 13 mpg, nor would I want to. Couldnā€™t afford that, but I expected 17 so very happy with the extra. Also I only use regular unleaded - 87. Never ran anything higher through it. Yet.

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently purchased a 2023 WT with 8500 miles on it. The average mpg on the dash said 19.3. I decided to reset it and after a 25 mile round trip it says 22.3. Whatā€™s up with that?
Exactly what my ā€˜23 BB Sas V6 reads after 9400 cumulative miles. Mine gets better mileage around town and relatively local driving where speed and wind resistance play a minimal role. If I jump on I-10, set the cruise to 80, it will slowly drop into the 18s as the aerodynamics of the Bronco are about those of a 3000sq ft barn. Keeping it at 75 or below and the mileage stays consistent.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving style, and the roads. My ā€˜23 BRONCO BL likes freeways and 65-70 mph, with cruise control. Then I see similar mpg. Around town it is around 19 ish. My 2010 4 Runner was around 19ish, but not as good as the Bronco. Was around 20-21 mpg on the highway. 4Runner cruise control was not as steady (5 speed transmission) seemed to be always searching for the right gearā€¦4Runner was a very good SUV, though.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The computer lies! Just filled up this morning. My math puts me at 24.5 mpg. The computer 26.3.
Ford Bronco MPG! Not complaining. IMG_9539
Ford Bronco MPG! Not complaining. IMG_9540

Beachbum

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting about 22mpg last 3 tanks since I retired. I get way better mpg on rolling rural roads driving between 40-50mph than I do on the highway driving 65-70mph.

I have a auto 2.3L Badlands SAS.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kind of don't trust the mpg calculation the Bronco makes. On my last road trip it seemed like some 40 miles were missing as I looked at what it said, and added the miles gone to miles to empty. Probably best to calculate at the pump with what you put in for gas and the miles gone...
Sponsored