Hopeful_guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in November I signed a DORA for $63K to get a Badlands (SAS, MIC, 2.7, LUX, TOW, basically everything) and I get the sticker to go buy and the MSRP is $67.5K. The rebate (2.5K) basically covers taxes and fees so it’s like $500 off MSRP. Hard to justify that much coin considering I ordered mid 2021 for $58K. Would y’all still pull the trigger?
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not following your post. If you orders in November 2021 at $58k why are you not price protected? I ordered 2/1/22 and I was price protected and my dealer honored the price reflected on the DORA the day I signed 2/1/22.

OP
OP
Hopeful_guy

Hopeful_guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah my bad. The original order Aug 2021 was for $58K. When I signed my DORA in Nov 2022 it was for $63K. My sticker MSRP I got 2 weeks ago is for $67K. Price protection is only $2.5K​

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, follow RagnarkKon’s price protection flow chart. It is excellent. Call Ford customer care and get your certificate number, share this with your dealer, you also will have another form of “price protection” that Ford will reimburse the dealer about 30-60 days after the sale. Some dealers are giving this discount upfront at the time of delivery and some are having the customer pay and then sending a check to the customer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hopeful_guy

Hopeful_guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay it sounds like I just got hit with the April Invoice hike. $4K might be tough to eat so it may be a pass.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay it sounds like I just got hit with the April Invoice hike. $4K might be tough to eat so it may be a pass.
Could be I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning but, you should be protected against the April mid year price hike? I just ordered (3/27/23) and am protected so hard to fathom why you (with a much older order) wouldn't be protected?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's more than just the April increase. You should be protected to your DORA price from when you reordered back in Sept/Oct and also take off the certificate. Read the thread linked. Will most likely end up around $10 off the current sticker.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in November I signed a DORA for $63K to get a Badlands (SAS, MIC, 2.7, LUX, TOW, basically everything) and I get the sticker to go buy and the MSRP is $67.5K. The rebate (2.5K) basically covers taxes and fees so it’s like $500 off MSRP. Hard to justify that much coin considering I ordered mid 2021 for $58K. Would y’all still pull the trigger?
When you placed your order and made a deposit, you should get that price if you have a signed purchase agreement. If you made any changes since the order, the agreed price doesn't apply. Only you can decide how much you're willing to pay. Everything is going up!! I took deliver of my Base 15 months ago, and MSRP is $5K more than I paid, not counting the April change. That said I got an offer from Carvana for $10,000 more than I paid. I don't know how they can do this, but it was a bonified offer, I'll I had to do was click the button and they would send a truck out. I love my Bronco too much to sell.

OP
OP
Hopeful_guy

Hopeful_guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah so I’m not a smart guy and need it explained like I’m 5. Really, the dealer should sell it to me for the price in the DORA AND take the $2500 off for the price protection ($63.5K - $2.5K)? They’re saying the new MSRP ($67.5K) is what the PP applies to to make me whole for the DORA price ($63K), which doesn’t make sense lol

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My DORA signed on 2/1/22 was for $57,745. There were at least 3 price increases since I took delivery last Saturday. The window sticker price $66,650. I paid what was on my initial DORA. I also had to sign a new DORA during the model change over from 22-23, but again the dealer honored the original DORA. Your dealer should honor your original DORA. The dealer is protected as well from price increases at the time the order was placed.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your math is bad and you're not comparing apples to apples. It's not a $4k difference as you're adding taxes into the final amount, but not the DORA amount. You're making it look worse than it really is.

OP
OP
Hopeful_guy

Hopeful_guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your math is bad and you're not comparing apples to apples. It's not a $4k difference as you're adding taxes into the final amount, but not the DORA amount. You're making it look worse than it really is.
The MSRP on the DORA from 7 months ago was 63.4K. The MSRP on the sticker is 67.8K. And they want the MSRP price. Excluding all fees and taxes, that is a 4.4K increase in price. Minus the price protection, that’s a 2K increase.

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your Sticker will reflect the current pricing NOT any price protection. Just talk to your dealer and hopefully they are not scammy.

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning but, you should be protected against the April mid year price hike? I just ordered (3/27/23) and am protected so hard to fathom why you (with a much older order) wouldn't be protected?
Same here 3/27 order. Not only was I protected, I found out Monday they gave me a $2395 discount off MSRP!
Sponsored

Last edited: