First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey everyone. I'm hoping to get some help with a big concern of mine. If this comes off as a stupid question I apologize but I've never ordered a new vehicle like this before.

I've saved up 15k & I have my paid off Wrangler JK for trade in. I'm ready to place my order but a few things is holding me back.....intrest rate hike.

Is it possible to lock in your intrest rates when you place your order with a dealer? Without getting political I don't see how an intrest rate increase isn't going to happen from now until my Bronco is ready.

Also I fully expect my wait to get mine to be extremely long what happens if you place an order on a 22 but say it's now 2023 are they going to honor the 22 price & give you a 23?

Thank you all for your insight. This has been a really stressful ordeal.
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your dealer isnā€™t usually going to beat a credit union as far as interests rates. Iā€™m unsure of rates can be locked in. Iā€™m financing with DCU and applied for a loan at 1.99% but the rate has now been hiked up to 2.49% after I filled out the preapproval. The fine print was, ā€œrates may change after applyingā€

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, I was told by local credit union I cant lock in the rates until the vehicle arrives. They said I could do a personal loan but the rate was actually higher then a car loan. I tried another credit union and they said the same thing. Hope that helps.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most lending institutions only lock a rate for 30days after approval. Some CU's may do a 60 day but they are few and probably less willing in todays financial climate.

Read past the dealer specific info and here is a good primer on price protection. So far, price protection only exists for the early res holders/orders and no mention of MY23 just yet.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your dealer isnā€™t usually going to beat a credit union as far as interests rates. Iā€™m unsure of rates can be locked in. Iā€™m financing with DCU and applied for a loan at 1.99% but the rate has now been hiked up to 2.49% after I filled out the preapproval. The fine print was, ā€œrates may change after applyingā€
Is this in MA or NH?

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this in MA or NH?
I think DCU is based in MD. I think Iā€™m gonna try Penfed next month and see where rates are in a couple weeks. Their rates are a little lower than DCU at the moment. But itā€™s possible they havent updated yet.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep saving your cash you may have enough to pay cash when you get your Bronco. I have saved enough to pay twice now because I have waited so long.

MtnBronc

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer won't talk financing until my Bronco gets in their inventory, which it was delivered yesterday so I'm expecting that call today. We'll see what rates they can offer, I'm preapproved through PenFed for 72 month 2.39%.

That said, your dealer may be able to talk financing beforehand, but only they can tell you how long an offer would be good for. Doubt any dealer would lock you in at a rate now when you don't have an order, which you won't be able to place until the MY23 order banks open sometime in Q4.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be a special situation that would allow you to lock in now. And if you can find it, might require you to start paying now.

Best strategy (imo)? Start adding to your $15k you've got set aside by making what you estimate your monthly payment would be. If you do that from now until the vehicle arrives, you'll have a much larger down payment that will more than offset the likely 1.5-2% higher rates we'll see next year.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto loans are like mortgage's. You can get preapproved, but you can only lock in interest rates once you are actually in the process of making the purchase.

A few people have mentioned a personal loan which would be an option. The rates might be higher now compared to a car loan, but you're hedging against the future interest rates. If you were to go that route, and you ended up able to get a cheaper rate on an auto loan at time of purchase you could pay off the personal loan and you'd only be out the cost of interest between now and then.
Sponsored