First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone out there dealt with or heard anything about Bairel Ford in Zelienople PA.? I was just wondering if they charge over MSRP for broncos. That is where I ordered mine from. Never imagining that ford dealers were charging some customers way over MSRP. I never signed anything. Just put down 500$ deposit. No build date till March 7th so it will be a while till delivery. Just trying to get an idea what to expect when it does get delivered.
Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. First red flag 500 dollars, only needed to be 100.
2. Call and ask them.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only way to know is to call and ask them. Personally I would have done that before even placing an order.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. Call and ask them.
The extra deposit is t a red flag as long as it is refundable. Dealers have to separate serious buyers from people that will abandon them. Dealers can get penalized for to many abandonments.

OP
OP
umpire19

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never even entered my mind that dealers would screw their customers like that, or I would have.

Sponsored

yabu00

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifinit FX-35
Your Bronco Model
Base
2. Call and ask them.
My understanding was that the $500 deposit is typical. Dealers get dinged on their allocation if too many Broncos are sold to individuals who are weren’t the original reservation/order holder. They want customers to have some skin in the game to help ensure that they actually show up to buy their vehicle when built. At least, this was my understanding; correct me if I’m wrong.

OP
OP
umpire19

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The extra deposit is t a red flag as long as it is refundable. Dealers have to separate serious buyers from people that will abandon them. Dealers can get penalized for to many abandonments.
It is refundable.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never even entered my mind that dealers would screw their customers like that, or I would have.
I would have never expected my small family owned local Ford dealer to be charging $5k over. Even on customer orders. That's why I'm not buying local. And will never buy from them again.

Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have to read the contract you signed (assuming you signed one). It will state if the deposit is refundable. Some dealers are charging a $1000 deposit, which is just greed. Needless to say I did not order through them. I paid $500 which I thought was fair.

OP
OP
umpire19

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would have never expected my small family owned local Ford dealer to be charging $5k over. Even on customer orders. That's why I'm not buying local. And will never buy from them again.
My dealer owens 5 other dealerships in the area pretty big.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding was that the $500 deposit is typical. Dealers get dinged on their allocation if too many Broncos are sold to individuals who are weren’t the original reservation/order holder. They want customers to have some skin in the game to help ensure that they actually show up to buy their vehicle when built. At least, this was my understanding; correct me if I’m wrong.
It's not typical but not uncommon. Some dealers are charging $500. Some $1000. Some even more. But most I have seen are not charging any deposit to order. Realistically they are not taking any risk. If someone walks away they will have a stock unit to sell for whatever they want. I doubt at this point in the game if Ford is even keeping track of orders not sold to the original order holder. Let alone dinging dealers for it.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered without a signed price agreement.

But then I read some of the stories on this forum, so I went in and signed a price agreement. Just kind of politely showed up, unannounced, and said "oh I wanted to make sure I had a written price agreement" and they put one together for me.

I would recommend you do the same, just in case.

(I tend to be way too trusting and have gotten screwed on things as a result)

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is refundable.
Have that in writing? I've found dealers historically are aggressive at holding every dollar they get from someone. When I was 16 I put a $50 check down for them to hold until I could talk to my dad when he got home. He talked me out of getting the car, but getting the $50 back involved threats to involve the state attorney general's office and reminding them how contract law in Minnesota works.
Sponsored