Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got around to installing my MTX575. It's been sitting in my office for 7 months, during which I picked up a few other bits for the install

I wanted to install it in the rear passenger side 1/4 panel area where the sub normally goes in the lux package. But there was no clean way to do that without some help so I picked up a MTI Acoustics AMP rack and mounted it as far forward it would go to leave some room for future electronics.

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003350

The amp rack requires that the pocket be removed, so I need to find some sort of insert to cover the spot. Any suggestions?

Next I ran Cat5 cable to the center console, and installed a jack for the handset and a power switch.

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003351

The power switch is wired to a relay in the engine bay, which is wired to the battery and triggered by the tow fuse in the fuse panel under the driver's side dash which is controlled by acc power.

I like this because it's wired to acc so I can't leave it on or forget to turn the handset off and drain my battery (because I absolutely would lol). The power switch here is somewhat redundant and I might consider rewiring that to something else at some point. But I like just having the "hard off" switch and have other plans for the aux switches that could run this thing safely. 🤷‍♂️

Finally the antenna cable was run though the nylon sleeve in the tailgate and out of the existing grommet on the back side of the tailgate.

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003353

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003352

An antenna mount from JCR was used to mount a high gain antenna to top passenger side bolt for the tire carrier. A washer was used to get the base to fit as it's quite bulky.

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003349

The antenna does not get in the way of the window or the wiper. I realize this mounting location is not the greatest as it would impede signal to the front of the vehicle, but that's what taller antennas are for lol!

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000003348

Overall I'm pretty happy with the way everything came together. Very clean install. Don't mind the dirt, I actually use this thing. 🤣

The only downside is that I use this tarp and the antenna will definitely interfere. It's removable but kind of a pain on the trail without taking the spare off. Or I can just put an antenna ball on it so it doesn't poke a hole in the fabric lol!

Ford Bronco MTX575 install. 1000002811
Sponsored

Last edited:

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very clean install. The power switch is a great idea!

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the ideas. I didn't think about installing the unit in the back - only the antenna.

Where did you route the CAT5? Sounds like a bit of work.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking good @LostInArizona - did you consider mounting under the dash on the driver’s side?

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you route the CAT5? Sounds like a bit of work.
Just under the door sill plastic bits with the rest of the wires, then up the lock panel and across the inside of the dash. It's plenum rated cable so it has thicker shielding. It a bit of work for sure, but I have an amp in the open spot inside the dash above the glove box and I didn't want it visible. With not a whole lot of options in the dash otherwise that aren't annoying, it's totally worth it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking good @LostInArizona - did you consider mounting under the dash on the driver’s side?
Thanks!

Yea but it didn't quite fit right, and I wanted to try to get the antenna cable close to the back so I didn't have to run that longer distances to the antenna on the back. So it was either run cat5 and power up, or a thick wire, susceptible to interference, back down, and I'd still have to take the center console apart because I wanted the handset jack to be in the middle, seemed like the least annoying place for it.

I have given this way more thought than any reasonable person would in the 7 or so months this thing has been sitting there in my office, staring at me everyday while at work. 🤣

Last edited:
OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)