Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I normally avoid mud because of the pain it brings for months afterwards. Having said that, I’ve driven many vehicles through very muddy situations, and never seen anything like how badly the Bronco gets caked in every single crack and crevice. I had to hit a single muddy spot on a trail back in October (!), and I’ve been finding and cleaning out massive discoveries of new mud periodically. This is after shoving a power washer every place I could multiple times over the past four months.
Anyone have any guidance on avoiding this in the future? Mud cleaned out with zero effort from my TJ, so this is new to me.
shopping.jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My bronco is the first vehicle I’ve had where I had to clean the mud off the top of the roof

OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bronco is the first vehicle I’ve had where I had to clean the mud off the top of the roof
It just occurred to me that this may just be an issue of the stock tires. They are notorious for trapping rocks and debris - getting back on pavement leaves me flinging stuff for a few minutes, even at highway speeds. My guess is they are just frantically launching mud into the deep recesses of the undercarriage. Curious if someone with aftermarket tires has noticed a difference in this regard.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hot summer day, swim trunks and goggles plus ramps. After I chisled out a ton with a plastic body tool.
Ford Bronco Mud everywhere IMG_20230722_120340575~2

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It just occurred to me that this may just be an issue of the stock tires. They are notorious for trapping rocks and debris - getting back on pavement leaves me flinging stuff for a few minutes, even at highway speeds. My guess is they are just frantically launching mud into the deep recesses of the undercarriage. Curious if someone with aftermarket tires has noticed a difference in this regard.
I never had stock tires. Mine came with MT Baja Legends from the dealer - they don’t throw rocks bad at all, but they sling mud and snow like crazy outwards and upwards
Sponsored