ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I normally avoid mud because of the pain it brings for months afterwards. Having said that, I’ve driven many vehicles through very muddy situations, and never seen anything like how badly the Bronco gets caked in every single crack and crevice. I had to hit a single muddy spot on a trail back in October (!), and I’ve been finding and cleaning out massive discoveries of new mud periodically. This is after shoving a power washer every place I could multiple times over the past four months.
Anyone have any guidance on avoiding this in the future? Mud cleaned out with zero effort from my TJ, so this is new to me.
Sponsored

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, we are like twins, I'm in Keller too!
I had to do a double take on the "Deliver too Rob in Keller" part, my zip is close to that!
x3. But not a Rob. And was gonna post the same tool. I got one for Christmas but haven't had a chance to use it yet

OP, not sure why the Bronco would hold more mud than any other vehicle. I personally try to avoid it when possible and stick to the rocks.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

x3. But not a Rob. And was gonna post the same tool. I got one for Christmas but haven't had a chance to use it yet

OP, not sure why the Bronco would hold more mud than any other vehicle. I personally try to avoid it when possible and stick to the rocks.
Blue, we’ll make you an honorary Rob!
The only spots I’ve found a little more difficult are the tops of my skid plates and top of the heat shield above the muffler but you can access that if you pop the plastic tray out in the cargo area. Of course I went up to the bottom of my doors through a deep, long mud puddle up in Bridgeport. I’ll be avoiding that as much as I can.

Sponsored

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Blue, we’ll make you an honorary Rob!
The only spots I’ve found a little more difficult are the tops of my skid plates and top of the heat shield above the muffler but you can access that if you pop the plastic tray out in the cargo area. Of course I went up to the bottom of my doors through a deep, long mud puddle up in Bridgeport. I’ll be avoiding that as much as I can.
Speaking of Bridgeport, you heading out there Sunday for the Bronco meet-up thing?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Be sure to flush your frame. Even though there are drain holes, they aren't all that effective. I have found that the rear longitudinal frame rails have been packed with sand when I swapped bumpers even though I was diligent in cleaning the undercarriage. For that reason, I bought the chassis flusher from Salt Shift.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs