First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. Picked up 2023 4dr Badlands Sasquatch lux 2.7l in January 2024. 1500 miles in, love the Bronco.

I decided to upgrade factory exhaust to Corsa dual tip for my 2.7L. During installation, the Corsa passenger side tailpipe exit hanger would not line up with the exhaust hanger/grommet on rear bumper mounted by Ford. It was about 2 inches off. After some research, it seems ford mounts the exhaust hanger on the rear bumper according to your engine (2.3L or 2.7L), and the corresponding exhaust for your engine….IE the factory muffler hanger closest to tailpipe exit is flipped for 2.3L engines and 2.7L engines.

I then looked back at the factory muffler removed from my vehicle and the part number (MB30-5K214-AEH). Matches 2.3L?

So questions are:

1) is there a difference in factory muffler for 2.3L and 2.7L engines?
2) Did ford install the proper muffler at factory for my vehicle?

The Corsa is on and sounds great
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the dual-tip on my 2.3 but Corsa offers different setups for the 2.7 and 2.3 plus either 2 or 4 door ... are you sure they didn't send you the wrong one?

OP
OP
Togzilla

Togzilla

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corsa sent the correct for 2.7L 4 door.
Here’s two pictures of OEM mufflers from ford for 2.7L and 2.3L. It appears the 2.3L muffler is not as wide but has a longer tailpipe. 2.7L has wider muffler/resonance chamber and shorter exit pipe. See how the hangers located closest to tailpipe exit are in different spots?

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you sure you have the 2.7 (did you look under the hood)? A lot of companies include a relocation bracket for their exhaust to work with the 2.3 or 2.7. My guess is Corsa mislabled the box or someone put the wrong parts in the 2.7 box.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Togzilla

Togzilla

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure you have the 2.7 (did you look under the hood)? A lot of companies include a relocation bracket for their exhaust to work with the 2.3 or 2.7. My guess is Corsa mislabled the box or someone put the wrong parts in the 2.7 box.
I’m sure I have the 2.7L…6 cylinders there. Corsa provided correct parts for 2.7L 4 door ford Bronco. Confirmed with Corsa.

Going back to the big question. Does the Ford Bronco have the same OEM stock exhaust for 4 door 2.3L and 2.7L? If you guys wouldn’t mind checking under your cars and letting me know

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure I have the 2.7L…6 cylinders there. Corsa provided correct parts for 2.7L 4 door ford Bronco. Confirmed with Corsa.

Going back to the big question. Does the Ford Bronco have the same OEM stock exhaust for 4 door 2.3L and 2.7L? If you guys wouldn’t mind checking under your cars and letting me know
In front of the rear axle it is the same. Behind the rear axle it is different because when you get an aftermarket exhaust they send a hanger relocation bracket if you try to install it on a 2.3 L.

OP
OP
Togzilla

Togzilla

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for this information and confirming my original suspicion. 2 engines, 2 exhaust systems.

I’m scheduled for my first oil change end of next week, will be bringing this up with my service dealer.

IF I never upgraded the exhaust to the Corsa, I’d likely have driven around forever without knowing I had a muffler for the 2.3L on my truck. And that’s concerning to me.

Unsure if my Bronco was built partially before/during/after the ford plant strike last fall based on invoice date and stickers found throughout parts on the truck (range from 9/15 on MIC top to 11/01). Perhaps other broncos built during this time period should check their exhausts. Happy to provide my VIN if it helps.

Regardless….how would you guys feel if you bought a brand new nearly $70k vehicle and found out you had the wrong exhaust, which is for a smaller engine? We all work our butts off to afford these vehicles….cmon ford put the correct parts on them.

btw, the Corsa Growls. Definitely recommend.

Ford Bronco Muffler/Exhaust Question 2.7l vs 2.3l IMG_4965

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if someone mounted the tailpipe hanger bracket in the wrong location and the bumper was already mounted so they just threw on the 4 cyl muffler vs having to remove the bumper and bracket.
Sponsored