Sponsored

Mustang Club of America X-plan rules changing...(Still NOT for Bronco)

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol.. so how does it affect ppl that have already generated a pin then?
Bingo. I would imagine they can pound sand in that regard.

PIN is valid for 12 months from the date it was generated. :D

eta: spelling
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just got an email back:

The changes apply to all members.

Sincerely,

Kristie Brown

National Office Manager

Mustang Club of America
OK, then. I just generated a pin. Here's to hoping my Bronco shows up by March 2nd, 2022.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just generated a pin through my membership thats been active since July. Worked just fine unless the pin will show invalid on the dealer end. Although I doubt it since they're not submitting it as far as I know.
My dealer told me they run it on another vehicle to make sure it's valid. As long as it's valid you are gtg.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow there is $2500 incentive on the Mach-E! wasn't there last time I checked! $2500+$7500 federal credit + $2500 from CA that's $15K below msrp!

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm late to the party. So how does the whole "generating a PIN" thing work? I joined MCA in January and received a membership number at that time. I previously tried inputting that number at the X-Plan website, and got a message saying the # was invalid. I assumed that it was because I was still within the 60-day window (it's now been changed to 90 days) after joining MCA, and that if I waited until after 60 days (now 90 days) that my membership number would work once I tried it again. So I wasn't particularly worried at the time about the fact that I received an "invalid number" message, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Also, my dealer isn't requiring payment until the vehicle is ready -- at least that's what I was told. Given that my Bronco almost certainly won't be ready until 2022, I figured that in the meantime I would simply keep/renew my MCA membership into 2022 such that I would be eligible for the X-Plan pricing once the time came to pony up the $ for the Bronco. Again, am I missing something?

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm late to the party. So how does the whole "generating a PIN" thing work? I joined MCA in January and received a membership number at that time. I previously tried inputting that number at the X-Plan website, and got a message saying the # was invalid. I assumed that it was because I was still within the 60-day window (it's now been changed to 90 days) after joining MCA, and that if I waited until after 60 days (now 90 days) that my membership number would work once I tried it again. So I wasn't particularly worried at the time about the fact that I received an "invalid number" message, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Also, my dealer isn't requiring payment until the vehicle is ready -- at least that's what I was told. Given that my Bronco almost certainly won't be ready until 2022, I figured that in the meantime I would simply keep/renew my MCA membership into 2022 such that I would be eligible for the X-Plan pricing once the time came to pony up the $ for the Bronco. Again, am I missing something?
https://mustang.org/member-services/x-plan/

There is a link there to where you can generate a PIN with the MCA partner code.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm...I went ahead and generated PIN just now. If it doesn't work I will have the ability to generate one in mid April as a shareholder.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I joined MCA in early Feb and was able to generate the x-Plan PIN which is valid until Feb 11, 2022. The Bronco does not show up as an eligible vehicle, but since I have a '65 Mustang wanted to join anyways and see if my dealer honors it or will transfer to one that is.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's exercise some caution here, folks. I'd like to clarify a few things.

1) You can generate a PIN pretty much the moment you join. I did the week after I first joined MCA. This is true of Ford's X-Plan Partner Program as it is of FCA's Affiliate Rewards program and, I'm assuming, all other manufactuer-backed friends-and-family-pricing-type programs. The problem isn't whether you can get a PIN, but rather whether that PIN will be valid at the time you go to pick up your car.

2) It is faulty to assume that there's any sort of grandfathering provision here, as the terms clearly state that Ford has the right to modify/revoke eligibility at any time. It may feel "wrong" that you can be robbed of this, but in most (if not all) states, you'd actually have zero legal recourse. Some are reading this to mean "for new members only", others aren't. Frankly, nobody knows at this point. The wording isn't entirely clear and, at least as of a few hours ago, it doesn't seem MCA has full clarity on this either, as it isn't up to them. The one potential "out" you have here would be if you were a jerk enough to try to squeeze MCA for not being clear that the X-Plan benefits were subject to change. However, in my opinion, if your end goal is to force the X-Plan discount to happen, you'd lose that battle in court for one of three reasons: 1) your actual financial loss is only the membership fee; 2) you can't sue for specific performance (i.e., "I want to force them to honor this price") because a mass-produced car is viewed as a commodity, not a unique asset (any good defense lawyer will get your case dismissed in a heartbeat); and 3) MCA isn't the one selling you the car, nor are they acting as an agent to any party involved in that transaction - ultimately the purchase agreement is between you, your dealer, and Ford, and you can't hold MCA liable for changes to a contract they're not even a direct party to.

3) Similar to number 2, printouts and screenshots don't actually guarantee that you have any leverage. If Ford decides to pull the plug on the back-end of this, your dealer can't do anything about that. Of course, a very stand-up dealer might eat the cost and honor the price anyway, but that's on them to take that on the chin knowing they won't be getting reimbursed for that.

I'd urge anybody affected by this to approach the issue with a level understanding of what your actual rights are instead of taking an entitled hard line with Ford, MCA, or your dealer. And I must stress this point again: the state you live in matters. Don't assume you'll be fine because some guy on a forum somewhere hobbled together a loosely-organized collection of legal terms/concepts and told you that a screenshot is somehow all the proof you need to get what you want. The law isn't always what you think it ought to be.

Of course, all this applies more for people who have other Ford vehicles that explicitly are included in the X-Plan program (like myself, on my Bronco Sport). For those who have more of a handshake agreement with their dealer (again like myself, on my Big Bronco), it's all up in the air, and you should reach out to your dealer to confirm they still consider you "eligible". As I mentioned in a prior post, I can't imagine a dealer trying to use this to weasel out of their prior commitments to honor X-Plan pricing, but it could technically give them an out if they choose to take it. That said, we have plenty of time until the Bronco arrives to render ourselves re-eligible (again, if we aren't already), so it's a bit less of a concern.

For what it's worth, I went ahead and upgraded my membership to the digital tier for $10 more, and was told I can keep my original effective date. Will it be necessary? Maybe not, but happy to pay it if it avoids even the potential of me trying to argue my case with screenshots and printouts while my Bronco sits a few feet away from me just waiting to be driven home.

Last edited:

Sponsored

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth, I went ahead and upgraded my membership to the digital tier for $10 more, and was told I can keep my original effective date. Will it be necessary? Maybe not, but happy to pay it if it avoids even the potential of me trying to argue my case with screenshots and printouts while my Bronco sits a few feet away from me just waiting to be driven home.
I'm doing the same. Was told by MCA that I'd get an invoice for the $10 cost to upgrade from Associate to Digital, but "due to a substantial increase in emails related to X-Plan benefits, please allow 3-4 days for a reply as I am only one person." LOL The poor lady is probably wondering WTH is going on.

Did you do your upgrade directly through the MCA website? I checked and didn't see any way to do that, so I reached out the membership contact email.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let's exercise some caution here, folks. I'd like to clarify a few things.

1) You can generate a PIN pretty much the moment you join. I did the week after I first joined MCA. This is true of Ford's X-Plan Partner Program as it is of FCA's Affiliate Rewards program and, I'm assuming, all other manufactuer-backed friends-and-family-pricing-type programs. The problem isn't whether you can get a PIN, but rather whether that PIN will be valid at the time you go to pick up your car.

2) It is faulty to assume that there's any sort of grandfathering provision here, as the terms clearly state that Ford has the right to modify/revoke eligibility at any time. It may feel "wrong" that you can be robbed of this, but in most (if not all) states, you'd actually have zero legal recourse. Some are reading this to mean "for new members only", others aren't. Frankly, nobody knows at this point. The wording isn't entirely clear and, at least as of a few hours ago, it doesn't seem MCA has full clarity on this either, as it isn't up to them. The one potential "out" you have here would be if you were a jerk enough to try to squeeze MCA for not being clear that the X-Plan benefits were subject to change. However, in my opinion, if your end goal is to force the X-Plan discount to happen, you'd lose that battle in court for one of two reasons: 1) your actual financial loss is only the membership fee and 2) you can't sue for specific performance (i.e., "I want to force them to honor this price") because a mass-produced car is viewed as a commodity, not a unique asset (any good defense lawyer will get your case dismissed in a heartbeat).

3) Similar to number 2, printouts and screenshots don't actually guarantee that you have any leverage. If Ford decides to pull the plug on the back-end of this, your dealer can't do anything about that. Of course, a very stand-up dealer might eat the cost and honor the price anyway, but that's on them to take that on the chin knowing they won't be getting reimbursed for that.

I'd urge anybody affected by this to approach the issue with a level understanding of what your actual rights are instead of taking an entitled hard line with Ford, MCA, or your dealer. And I must stress this point again: the state you live in matters. Don't assume you'll be fine because some guy on a forum somewhere hobbled together a loosely-organized collection of legal terms/concepts and told you that a screenshot is somehow all the proof you need to get what you want. The law isn't always what you think it ought to be.

Of course, all this applies more for people who have other Ford vehicles that explicitly are included in the X-Plan program (like myself, on my Bronco Sport). For those who have more of a handshake agreement with their dealer (again like myself, on my Big Bronco), it's all up in the air, and you should reach out to your dealer to confirm they still consider you "eligible". As I mentioned in a prior post, I can't imagine a dealer trying to use this to weasel out of their prior commitments to honor X-Plan pricing, but it could technically give them an out if they choose to take it. That said, we have plenty of time until the Bronco arrives to render ourselves re-eligible (again, if we aren't already), so it's a bit less of a concern.

Wow. That was a long read.

1. Yes, we know this. Hence the "I hope I get my Bronco by March 2nd 2022." I have a valid pin right now and it's good for a year.

2. We got confirmation that this affects all members a short while ago. BS or not, that's the answer we got.

3. Ford already pulled X-plan on the Bronco. The dealership honoring X-Plan is the only way to get X-plan pricing on the big Bronco. You're in a thread with a bunch of people who know this already.

I'm sorry you took all that time to type up all that self evident information.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. That was a long read.

1. Yes, we know this. Hence the "I hope I get my Bronco by March 2nd 2022." I have a valid pin right now and it's good for a year.

2. We got confirmation that this affects all members a short while ago. BS or not, that's the answer we got.

3. Ford already pulled X-plan on the Bronco. The dealership honoring X-Plan is the only way to get X-plan pricing on the big Bronco. You're in a thread with a bunch of people who know this already.

I'm sorry you took all that time to type up all that self evident information.
Loving the snark. I'm trying to address the many folks here (including you) who seem to think that having a PIN printed out is a guarantee of anything. Obviously that went right over your head. Good luck.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Loving the snark. I'm trying to address the many folks here (including you) who seem to think that having a PIN printed out is a guarantee of anything. Obviously that went right over your head. Good luck.
1. Are you implying that the pin is somehow not valid for a year?
2. Are you implying that Ford will yank a valid pin from me?
3. Are you implying that my dealer will suddenly decide to not honor it?

The only option that could happen is #3 and I'm doubting Granger is going to do so.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Are you implying that the pin is somehow not valid for a year?
2. Are you implying that Ford will yank a valid pin from me?
3. Are you implying that my dealer will suddenly decide to not honor it?

The only option that could happen is #3 and I'm doubting Granger is going to do so.
I'm implying none of those things. I'm only stating that it could end in headache if you assume any of those things can't be true.

The "opposite" of your presumptive stance isn't whatever strawman you've concocted for me, but rather merely the absence of your argument. That's law 101, and any entry-level paralegal should be able to explain that to you. Calm yourself down, re-read my post, and try to get it through your head that I'm not out to get you just because I'm a stranger on the internet, I'm merely trying to help you protect you from yourself.
Sponsored