Sponsored

Mustang Club of America X-plan rules changing...(Still NOT for Bronco)

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm implying none of those things. I'm only stating that it could end in headache if you assume any of those things can't be true.

The "opposite" of your presumptive stance isn't whatever strawman you've concocted for me, but rather merely the absence of your argument. That's law 101, and any entry-level paralegal should be able to explain that to you. Calm yourself down, re-read my post, and try to get it through your head that I'm not out to get you just because I'm a stranger on the internet, I'm merely trying to help you protect you from yourself.
I don't think you're out to get me. I think you rehashed this entire thread into the most convoluted post I've read in awhile. If you're in the legal field, that puts your word salad into greater context. No lawyer has ever said 5 words when 500 would suffice.

Thank you so much for protecting me from myself. I don't know where I'd be without that daily dose of condescension.
Sponsored

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 90 day was already a rule, the level up is new, not shocking MCA was getting abused due to the low membership requirement. This wont affect current memberships.
It used to need to be a 90 day + membership, not to have *been* a member for 90 days. I'll probably (re)-join in 6-8 months, so it'll meet that requirement. I miss my '16 Mustang. :(

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their original deal was $1000 under invoice or $1300 under if you were x-plan eligible. They are asking for a valid PIN to prove eligibility.
Thanks. I'm October so I had that on the brain. Appreciate it.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

still waiting to receive this email. a quick look in the mustang.org forum shows some confusion by folks currently buying a mustang!

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would recommend sitting down with your partner first, and express your interest in that kind of thing. It's bad form to jump right in when they're not expecting it.
She's not real "adventurous" so I guess I shouldn't just spring it on her.
That's great advice!

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave them $25 for a pin that I can't use. Who got abused in that deal? :) It was worth a shot at the time...
I did both MCA and bought 100 shares of F, to hedge my bets. I'd be more pissed about both being worthless for Bronco X-plan if those shares didn't appreciate over $500 so far.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like it, but apparently MCA hasn't been given much info yet on when the new rules take effect. Maybe it's not until next year, maybe it's effective immediately. They were very quick to respond and I did end up just upgrading for $10 while keeping my original effective date (they just sent a $10 invoice over via e-mail and I paid it already). Our Bronco Sport is due to arrive soon so didn't feel like rolling the dice just to save $10.

Curious what this means for dealers who agreed to honor X-Plan pricing for eligible members on the Big Bronco (like mine), regardless of Ford's commitment to it. This would technically give them an out ("Aww man, see I really did intend to honor that pricing for eligible members but Ford says you're no longer eligible even if they did allow it on the Bronco, so..."). Though I suspect that stand-up dealers of that sort wouldn't be likely to try find a technicality to screw around with.
so you just emailed mustang club to upgrade your basic meme ship to digital?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow all... Yeah my post was simply to point out Ford is messing around with X Plan rules and their timing is odd.

I for one, generated an actual xpin the day I joined MCA. So if there was any waiting period, maybe it is on the dealer's validation side which none of it matters because Ford has since nixed the xplan for Bronco.

And for those not in the know, sorry about the confusion... We tend to refer to dealers and xplans knowing they are not actually doing xplan, but price matching.

So with my dealer, I provided him my xplan number just to get on the cool kids list, and now the pin is no longer needed and was worthless anyway for a Bronco.

I will not be renewing my MCA.
Sponsored