Sponsored

Mustang Club of America X-plan rules changing...(Still NOT for Bronco)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't want to falsely get anyone excited... But just wanted to pass this along. Thought it was interesting especially with the timing of the Bronco. Got this due to my membership to MCA.....

Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members.

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan.

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan.
Sponsored

bigdaddytommy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

I just received an email from the Mustang Club stating that Ford has changed X-Plan eligibility requirements.

From the email:

Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members.

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan.

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan.

More details as they become available.

In other words, don't sign up as an "Associate" member, you better level up if you'll be needing a PIN to show those dealers that plan to offer "X-Plan" discounts on the Bronco even though Ford isn't.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the 90 day was already a rule, the level up is new, not shocking MCA was getting abused due to the low membership requirement. This wont affect current memberships.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s not that much of a change. Seems like they just get $10 more to look the other way on x-plan abuse. 😉

Associate Member: $25
Digital Member: $35
Standard Member: $50

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does one go about getting their PIN for x-plan stuff? I've been a MCA member for almost a year now, but have never done any x-plan stuff.

Sponsored

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 90 day was already a rule, the level up is new, not shocking MCA was getting abused due to the low membership requirement. This wont affect current memberships.
It was 60 days previously, not 90. In fact, most materials still state 60 days, so not sure when these rules go into place. Given many people sign up solely for the purpose of X-Plan pricing, and that many cars arrive between the 60-90 day window, this pulls the rug out from under a lot of folks.

Also, do you know where it states current memberships aren't affected? I've already reached out to MCA for comment and they said I can retroactively upgrade my membership (for my Bronco Sport order) for the price difference and keep my original effective date. Unless there's explicit writing somewhere stating this step isn't necessary, I'll probably go ahead and do that instead of rolling the dice to save $10.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but that requires joining a club. 🤮

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I gave them $25 for a pin that I can't use. Who got abused in that deal? :) It was worth a shot at the time...

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I gave them $25 for a pin that I can't use. Who got abused in that deal? :)
well I guess it was a gamble :) I was already a member I have 2 mustangs so no biggie. Also in the past, I have done better deals than xplan anyways actually on the last 3 Fords I bought.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, MCA raked in thousands of memberships for Bronco just for X-Plan; their renewal rate is going to take a hit next year. The thing is...X-Plan is not a very good deal for most cars, it was only a good thing for Bronco because it is new and demand is so high. For a normal Ford on a lot, you can do better without it.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So basically you’ll need to upgrade if you have an associate membership? Mines been active since last July.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So basically you’ll need to upgrade if you have an associate membership? Mines been active since last July.
Sounds like it, but apparently MCA hasn't been given much info yet on when the new rules take effect. Maybe it's not until next year, maybe it's effective immediately. They were very quick to respond and I did end up just upgrading for $10 while keeping my original effective date (they just sent a $10 invoice over via e-mail and I paid it already). Our Bronco Sport is due to arrive soon so didn't feel like rolling the dice just to save $10.

Curious what this means for dealers who agreed to honor X-Plan pricing for eligible members on the Big Bronco (like mine), regardless of Ford's commitment to it. This would technically give them an out ("Aww man, see I really did intend to honor that pricing for eligible members but Ford says you're no longer eligible even if they did allow it on the Bronco, so..."). Though I suspect that stand-up dealers of that sort wouldn't be likely to try find a technicality to screw around with.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I generated a pin shortly after I joined. And my dealer is "honoring" xplan pins but obviously not actually submitting it to Ford. I think we're ok here. If this was an official xplan submittal, we might need to jump thru further hoops. Also, it probably comes down to your relationship with your dealer.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The email says going forward, which I read as any new memberships.

I just logged into the X-plan site and it's still saying I'm eligible. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored